10-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Nice, man i know a great spot to swim that baby! :drool: :humpty:

nine-1-sickness
10-25-2005, 09:03 PM
here's one of my favorite.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/916steelhead/My1stPikie.jpg

sportyguy33
10-25-2005, 10:46 PM
Oh Really Lilbass? If I show up in your neighborhood next Fishing season would you show me where :D

Charleston
10-26-2005, 08:52 AM
SG33;
Bring that bad boy to NJ. I'll show you where to swim it.... :walk:

libassboy
10-26-2005, 12:08 PM
yes sportguy ill show u where, but that plug will be HOed

striperman36
10-26-2005, 02:55 PM
What kind of hair is on that chin?

Bernzy
10-26-2005, 03:09 PM
They are red sparkles. Kind of a Mike Fixter signature on his Pikies.

Bernzy

nine-1-sickness
10-26-2005, 09:56 PM
What kind of hair is on that chin?

Sparklies to hide the chin weight.

winchmaster
10-26-2005, 11:11 PM
Mike perfers that they be called Metal flakes.
Just kidding.

My favorite Mikey plug is a "second" from his discount pile. The thing has been repainted and fished since the eighties so I gues a nude Fixtah would be................... hey wait that dosen't sound right.

:walk: Hey look its me taking a hike!

winchmaster
10-27-2005, 09:32 AM
my new avatar

Jigman
10-27-2005, 09:47 AM
Poor winchie, banished to the land of the misfit plug builders :nailem: :behead: :poke: :hidin: :lm: :rotf2:

Jigman

striperman36
10-27-2005, 05:24 PM
I thought I saw somethin like that off the strip in Vegas last month

sportyguy33
10-27-2005, 07:32 PM
Is it like bad etiqute to post plugs that other builders who you admire built or what?

nine-1-sickness
10-27-2005, 08:24 PM
my new avatar

who is 619? winch

winchmaster
10-28-2005, 12:18 AM
It's a metaphor, a nonreal person, a parody on life. Don't you see those made for TV movies where they take today's headline and make a movie but since they don't want to pay the people that the sh@t happened to they post a declarations or sumthin saying the characters were made up and do not represent anyone in practicular so they don't have to pay for the story rights? Well It's kind of the same thing as no where on any site that we know of is there any proof of a thread where winch was left hanging on the top of any certain forum. So I guess its ummmm a made up story.
Must of been the drugs I'm on, I better talk to the doctor..............
I need more. :hihi:

sportyguy33
10-28-2005, 12:56 AM
Hey Winch
Do I get a Royalty Check for the camo Appearance? :buds:

winchmaster
10-28-2005, 01:34 AM
Sorry your SportyGUY33 not sporty, see its a guy that is made up but might just has a smidgen of your life's adventure. (Hey get the gurls over here tell them this is the happy site.) As for royalties sorry there are "no stinkin" Royalties, just banishment. Some say it's the highest honor that can be given. Besides the guy playing you gets it. He's a good method actor and has the look of facing his accuser and asking for forgiveness of his sins. In the Original photo Tomaround was the long haired guy on the left he tried out for the part but is busy until after Halloween. I'm still trying to figure who the little guy is. Bigfishlarry or should we get MikeDS to play the role? Either one would give a great backhand. ;)
Pssst Hey slip whose the shortest builder on the site? 814 wants to PM him. Ohh the guy on the Lower step next to 245? His part has not been filled yet. It's a good role he's on the Lower step wishing he'd taken the part in the play "Hair in my epoxy ". Possibly Throwing Timber?????? :poke: Anyway just got some new meds can't wait to try them Friday night with a good Merlot and whatever the cute bartender in the Four Provinces wants me to drink off her belly button. Timber she says Hi and says you stood her up when she went back east???????? Did you set a date with her that night?????? Shoot I don't remember After the four Irish carbombs and the schnaaps that night I wasn't suprised when you propositioned the waste basket. :buds: Hmmm maybe I'll just have one before I hit the hay. Speaking of...............

Adam R
10-28-2005, 07:33 AM
Winch,
didn't take him long to change his tune on that thread.

Pete F.
10-28-2005, 08:13 AM
Everytime I log on that other site lately it crashes explorer. There's a difference between selling to make plug supply money and commercial plug building, although how you draw the line is a problem.

winchmaster
10-28-2005, 11:43 AM
Bluefish As for the other site, well what's done in Vegas stays in Vegas. So until a mod or John says its alright to discuss the "incident" on this board in some form with guidelines. I won't comment about what happened. If I do get the greenlight then I will tell my side which will help others understand what happened. As for now I don't feel comfortable even disscussing the event in Vegas even back there. I'm now like a huge portion of the building community I'm "uncomfortable in Vegas"
As for your question well I do sell plugs. To people who I know off site and 99% of them buy from the back of my truck. Including a certain someone that will remain known as "numbers". Total lures I have sold? appx 200 or doing exactly what you preach is okay trading. Sound like a lucritive commercial business?
Since were talking about it in a hypothetical way and not about any certain event I will try an answer you. The idea of merchandise for plugs in any other form is using items for tender. Thus it is selling. Hey you want twenty four plugs well go to Sears buy something worth x amount of dollars and "trade me that" (Just send a reciept case I don't like the color) or better yet you know so snd so real well. Well go to him and buy twenty four of his plugs and that is under the guidelines as okay correct? The problem is the word buy is in both those phrases. Also if I buy components and equipment and barter with someone dosen't that take away from a stores ability to sell a lure similar to the one you traded for?
With that you see my dilemma and the dilemma of a big group of builders and why they don't post over in Vegas anymore. Way too many landmines. Me I tried to help in Vegas thought from my open discusssions with a Vegas manager I was doing the correct thing on my postings. Wait Im discussing the event and again until I get the okay here I won't. AS for this topic it is a good one, and needs to be discussed. If by anyway it makes anyone here uncomfortable I won't say another word.

sportyguy33
10-30-2005, 01:00 AM
Will these colors Catch Fish?

Charleston
10-30-2005, 09:06 AM
Yes :humpty:

capesams
10-30-2005, 09:56 AM
Hmmm!...problem's do abound in tight circle's.I think it was Slip that said if your selling plug's commerically[to me that's in a store] and not out of your shop,,but then you have sponcer's that do help pay for bill's here.John is very understanding in the fact one does need to resupply as it were to make more,so selling a few here and there isn't going to bring the mountain down.You just need not to advertise your ware's by posting stuff that will go on the market,,fair is fair...then on the other hand that depend's on who you know as to what doesn't get deleted[pic's]??
John need's help[no not upstairs]he has a great mind..it's sorting out the rule's so everyone know's 2+2 is 4...now I don't mind saying that other place is out an out for the one and only[owner] if he can't make a buck off your stuff no one is going too,so off with your head if there's any hint of making money and he doesn't get his share.That will bring the mountain down...oh! my .02........carefull spy's are everywhere :rotfl: what a joke.

winchmaster
10-30-2005, 12:15 PM
In total agreement Capesam,
Nothing I was posting there was for sale, The problem came with people posting others plugs. Unfortunely a few westcoaster found the site and began showing my regular stuff with fish attached. They did it innocently not thinking of reprecussions. Its just like this thread, Show me Your Fixters!!! Should Mike get in trouble? Well in years past if someone would of done that in Vegas it was okay. I even did a long post of going to Mike's shop and buying plugs. So there is the dilemma, I followed the basic guidlines as I will do here "No Forsale sign posts) Plugs at this time I am experimenting on or color patterns I'm goofing with. But both you and I cannot control what someone else posts nor can they go and delete or edit anymore what they posted when it was pointed out to them what they were doing is wrong.
Again I am not mad at anyone nor do I hold any grudges, I just don't feel safe in Vegas anymore. I'm sure others have the same feelings. Anyway this is a much better neighborhood. Ask a question and it gets answered by more than one person whose word is golden, something that is missing in Vegas.
I do have some new stuff I will be putting up in the near future just like many others it's time to fiddle in the shop with ideas that you came up with during those long hours of fishing. The mini pikies were one, I'm working on a bomber subsitute that has gone through many stages with the newest one being test swum soon. Another is a wooden bucktail thingie, heavy enough to cast but with a bit of bouyancy to keep it suspended longer in the strike zone.
As for paint I am goofing with the worlds most boring color pattern. Red and white. We all know that a pencil popper in that color is like magic yet so boring to paint. Time to try and make someone say man thats cool. :hihi:

libassboy
10-30-2005, 12:19 PM
Will these colors Catch Fish?
Sportguy, send me that blue needle!!!! :drool: I will show u it catches fish, pics and all. :boots:

sportyguy33
10-30-2005, 01:16 PM
lilbassboy

Ain't a Fixter but I bet this Sweety :love: will catch over there on the Eastcoast to as well.

sportyguy33
10-30-2005, 01:34 PM
I'll admit I am one of those innocent westcoasters. But I never intended to
get anyone in trouble or harrass anyone. In my case
when you don't build plugs to trade you can either trade something of value,
like really nice fishing reels, buy the plugs from the plug builder who is willing/allowed to sale or you can get really really lucky, which I have on a few occasion, and the plug builder generously sends you one for free. my favorite way to aquire a plug BTW. Thanks to all those who have donated to my small but growing collection of Beautys, You know who you are. Again
it was never my intention to harass or get anyone in trouble. I just would like to have a plug from all the Fine plug builders here and on the other plug(lure) sites. Again my appologies to those builders I have done wrong too. :bc: :bc:

libassboy
10-30-2005, 01:37 PM
Blue needle.....u want to trade it to me...... :devil2: :huh:

sportyguy33
10-30-2005, 02:20 PM
:drool: For one of those Sweet Gary2's

capesams
10-30-2005, 03:02 PM
Red + white, bland.blaaa,boring yes, do they catch yes, old school colors yes,two-three tone's can't hate them for working well..I don't see anyone crappin about beachmaster color's.I was told by an old fisherman[person],,paint them plain boy,paint them plain.

rule's will get so tight that soon no one will be posting anything,,,shame,,,necomer's/old still want to learn new trick's and gaze uppond the wonder's of artwork/shape's/color's/ size's. without posting one's work thing's will go stale...it's alway's fun to see someone catch a fish on someone's plug and show it off...Gawd it's a fishing site,,,do fishing thing's,,it's not an accounting corse.[or spelling class] :rolleyes:

sportyguy33
10-30-2005, 03:35 PM
Capesams
I've been lucky enough to trade for some of the sites best builders and took them all when I took my first trip out to the Cape and out of all the plugs
the very first Striper I ever caught was on Ugly (in a good way) painted Winchmaster. And here I was thinking the Pretty ones would be the first. I learned that night that pretty doesn't necessarily mean Fish catcher. the
Blue Fish even Liked Winchy's Plain jane Yellow and White pencil.

capesams
10-30-2005, 05:35 PM
fresh meat :cool: just the right eaten size :drool: that needle seems to be a popular shape..catches alot o fish.

NIB
10-30-2005, 06:48 PM
Red + white, bland.blaaa,boring yes, do they catch yes, old school colors yes,two-three tone's can't hate them for working well..I don't see anyone crappin about beachmaster color's.I was told by an old fisherman[person],,paint them plain boy,paint them plain.

rule's will get so tight that soon no one will be posting anything,,,shame,,,necomer's/old still want to learn new trick's and gaze uppond the wonder's of artwork/shape's/color's/ size's. without posting one's work thing's will go stale...it's alway's fun to see someone catch a fish on someone's plug and show it off...Gawd it's a fishing site,,,do fishing thing's,,it's not an accounting corse.[or spelling class] :rolleyes:

This has been my cry for a while now.I'm no newcomer but the things i see never seem to amaze me.Good to see u postin pic's again steve.I didn't mean to lump u in the last time I just noted u where a builder..

Slipknot
10-30-2005, 07:13 PM

got that right Steve :btu:

but over here we are a little more Happy and easy going
respect goes a long way

Slipknot
10-30-2005, 07:21 PM
I'll admit I am one of those innocent westcoasters. But I never intended to
get anyone in trouble or harrass anyone.

I don't think anyone question's yours or 919sickness(steelhead)'s intention.
winch has a good sense of humor, I hope you 2 do also.

I think the Mayor of Vegas changed his tune a bit after I pointed some assumptions out to him, it's the best we can do. I'm sure this too shall pass.

We don't need to rehash stuff from over there, on this forum any further. I know alot of you visit both sites and I like to also. There are things to learn on both sites and great builders on both sites as well.

You will never see JohnR ask anyone how much they paid for a plug on this forum :hidin:

anyway, have a good fall
I have football to watch tonight

sportyguy33
10-30-2005, 07:46 PM
How Bout light Green? And now one ever answered the $$$ is it bad ettiqute for us non builders to post builders plugs that we really Admire?

capesams
10-30-2005, 08:01 PM
"FOOTBALL" it's plug turnin time....time to replace some loved one's :humpty:

NIB....everything's :cool: onward and upward.

33...I got a pink one like that///nice

Swede
10-30-2005, 08:14 PM
:drool:

sportyguy33
10-30-2005, 08:43 PM
Capesam
Lets see the Pink Fixter That's the whole point of my post. To share pictures of Mr Fixtures Beauties. His paint schemes are simple but very pleasing to the eye. And the finish on his plugs are out of this world. Let's see the Fixters

winchmaster
10-30-2005, 09:51 PM
How Bout light Green? And now one ever answered the $$$ is it bad ettiqute for us non builders to post builders plugs that we really Admire?

I think were gonna remame you unsportsmanlike33 :p :laughs:
I had Fixters before they were "Fixters". Problem is they have no more paint left.

sportyguy33
10-30-2005, 10:32 PM
Winch
Are you telling me it's unsportsman Like to Admire Plug builders Plugs? :laugha: :laugha:

winchmaster
10-30-2005, 11:38 PM
your a plug ho sporty, plain and simple

sportyguy33
10-31-2005, 12:02 AM
Winch
I need to convince Lisa some how to get me a Jet mini Lathe for X-mas so I can start on my Rehab. Then eventually I can aquire my plugs the honorable way by trading them like all the rest of you Master Plug Makers. For now
i'll juist have to accept I'm a Low life Plug junkie trying to collect everyones
woodies :cheers:

Slipknot
10-31-2005, 07:33 AM
looks like I am going to have to do surgery on this thread :(

sorry

Nothing wrong with posting pictures of plugs, as long as it's not your intention to sell your own made plugs if you are not a sponsor

I'll get back to the surgery later on :soon: