View Full Version : Shark bait

toddonbi
10-26-2005, 02:41 PM
Did anyone else see the latest National geographic article online? I don't want to attach it...it is absolutely appalling. It's the one with the dog for anyone interested.

hunan
10-26-2005, 08:52 PM
it's been on here already. yeah,good idea on not re-posting it. what a shame! :mad: :(

TommyTuna
10-26-2005, 09:07 PM
:behead: :gorez: I think we should use French nationals for chunk bait, then again we would get fined for water pollution.

Dennison Yachts also included a pic/story in their newsletter for the month. Strange usage of a brokerage newsletter. It just infuriated me.

Pete_G
10-26-2005, 10:47 PM
PM me the link, I still have a lot of trouble believing this.

This is the first time I've heard of it being mentioned in a reputable publication though. The story changes in EVERY version of it I see. Shady reporting if you ask me. Get your stories straight. Till it's on CNN or Fox or in Newsweek or Time I'm not sold on it. It's the sort of thing they should be all over I would think...

Someone should really :rocketem: these people if it's true though.

basswipe
10-27-2005, 05:04 AM
PM me the link, I still have a lot of trouble believing this.

This is the first time I've heard of it being mentioned in a reputable publication though. The story changes in EVERY version of it I see. Shady reporting if you ask me. Get your stories straight. Till it's on CNN or Fox or in Newsweek or Time I'm not sold on it. It's the sort of thing they should be all over I would think...

Someone should really :rocketem: these people if it's true though.

I still don't believe it either.

Why use a dog?Goats,pigs,sheep are more readily accessible.Why even use a land based animal to begin with?Sounds like a hoax gone out of control.

Remember Newsweek and Dan Rather with the Bush/Tex. National Guard debacle.Even the networks and major rags don't get it right sometimes.

MotoXcowboy
10-27-2005, 09:07 AM
Basswipe, The article says the "dog population" there on the island is outta control...Land based or not..a shark will go after it...especially if one of its legs are chopped off to make it bleed and struggle..

MotoXcowboy
10-27-2005, 09:08 AM
btw, im not condoning this method... :sick:

Swimmer
10-27-2005, 10:04 AM
Will some post the link, please?

Slipknot
10-27-2005, 10:21 AM
http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=26463

is it this ?

texican
10-27-2005, 10:22 AM
I have not read the article but A buddy of mine was telling he this story a while ago. I asked the same question why a dog and he continued to say that a dog bark/noises are like a seals to a shark. Disturbing...

hunan
10-27-2005, 10:22 AM
i'm barely computer literate so if you go to the scuppers under WTF posted by redneck24 you should be able to find it.

zimmy
10-27-2005, 11:35 AM
sick muthers. :liquify:

Pete_G
10-27-2005, 11:48 AM
Heh, yet another article using the same exact (and only) photo I've ever seen. Doesn't everyone have cameras in their cell phones these days? I just don't understand the lack of photographical evidence. Maybe it's really rural in that area or something, but I just don't understand.

The Dad Fisherman
10-27-2005, 12:36 PM
National Geographic Article (http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/10/1019_051019_dogs_sharks.html)

Is it a Hoax (http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/sharkbait.asp)