driven rain I lasted about 1 1/2 hrs. on the rocks. before I gave up
got up in the morning clear but that wind was bad. I heard the old
story "you should have been here yesterday morning" bottom line
you need more than Saturday and Sunday to figure out a new spot
It was very hard to talk to the natives they seemed very guarded
we still had a great time

NIB
11-01-2005, 07:41 AM
Montauk = hard fishin,Lotsa rocks make ur korkers cry,big crowds,Bigger attitudes.an occasionally some quality fish.
The Locals are few but there are some real good ones the hardest of the hardcore..Like Navy Seal Tough.Tough lots of real good guys never donned a wetsuit.the regulars are mum because in a short walk u can have some prime locations to urself.For nightime fishin.I have had 40-50 fish nights right down the path from the lot.middle of peak season no one around.There is so much packed into such a small spot u have to use ur noodle.East,SE, North,NW, incoming, outgoing.there's a where an when all the time.When u think about the fact that so many fish gotta swim by there from there summer vacation its a wonder MORE people aren't there.

tattoobob
11-01-2005, 05:54 PM
You are so right, kinda like Rhody 10 fold, I slipped off a rock got washed by a wave then got flatted by the second wave as I got up all I could do is laugh and pull out my 6th cell phone that got soaked this year. For a weekend it wasn't to crowded there was a constant blitz going at Orient Point and the boat guys were fishing it hard nothing for the shore guys.

NIB
11-02-2005, 07:25 AM
You are so right, kinda like Rhody 10 fold, I slipped off a rock got washed by a wave then got flatted by the second wave as I got up all I could do is laugh and pull out my 6th cell phone that got soaked this year. For a weekend it wasn't to crowded there was a constant blitz going at Orient Point and the boat guys were fishing it hard nothing for the shore guys.

U sure it was orient.thats a pretty good drive from the lighthouse,(EastEnd).I guess thats where the fairy came in.

eelslinger
11-02-2005, 11:34 AM
I just spent 4 dead days and nights in M. 6 guys I know there have had 1 small keeper in 1.5 weeks of hard fishing.

When they say there are no fish in M lately they mean it.

I did see a 34 lb boat fish that confirms I need one of those.
Almost hit a fawn on the way back.

tattoobob
11-02-2005, 05:20 PM
U sure it was orient.thats a pretty good drive from the lighthouse,(EastEnd).I guess thats where the fairy came in.

Yes both days on the way in/out the blitz was huge I wanted to grab my rod and cast LOL