View Full Version : I just felt the earth move

winchmaster
11-04-2005, 06:43 AM
Couldn't sleep so I got up and was on the computer. When the the earth decided to move. Small jolt about a 2.3 a 3:33 in the am. Felt cool.
Goes along with the shark attacks this week near here. Just to let you guys know that most earthquakes are pretty mild until they hit 7.0 then you get the A ticket ride.

Raven
11-04-2005, 07:22 AM
the earth is.... because we have all the burned spots on the East coast.

could you please put some x 's here and there to get us back to normal.

thanks,
Raven :wavey:

winchmaster
11-04-2005, 11:11 AM
That whole photo shows my area of fishing so I could put one big X on the whole spot. Start with Rockaway beach. I cut my striper teeth right there and caught 35% of my fish there this year. The rest were all on the Ocean side. But If you were looking for "Bay" fish head east and you'd be in the area of the San Francisco Bay where I used to fish for Bay stripers.
The quake was a nice little jolt and it epicentered 1 mile from my house. Otherwise I probably would of felt a 2.3.

justplugit
11-04-2005, 06:01 PM
Glad your used to them Winch. I was in the midst of one in southern Calif. in the early 90s, and once was enough.:hihi: Never felt so helpless in my life.:doh:

JohnR
11-10-2005, 11:23 AM
I was setting up a shop in Sacramento in 98 or 99. At this small chain having a real good burger and seeing the Bass Ale in my pint glass shaking like the puddles in Jurrasic Park. "Ohhhhh Scheize, is this the start of an earthquake??????" - Turns out the kid in the next booth was kicking the leg of his table and shaking my booth and beer too :hihi:

gldnbear93
11-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Those big ones are quite a ride. I was at CAL in 1989 and was down south in 1994, so I got to feel two of the wilder rides we've had in recent memory.

Absent the total destruction those things bring, I actually find them kind of fun (call me a sick bastage if ya like).

Sometimes I feel like the natural disasters follow me. I've been through tornados (eastern WA and yes SOCAL), volcano (Mt. St. Helens left quite a layer of vocanic ash), fires (Oakland/Berkeley Hills), mudslides and some flooding. Just waiting to have one of the hurricanes rip up to Rhody (not really looking forward to that).