I just heard his latest

his head must be too fat to fit thru doorways
selfish jerk, Glad he's not on the Patriots :whackin:

BigFish
11-04-2005, 07:32 PM
Miss it...whats up?

Slipknot
11-05-2005, 12:54 AM
T.O. said something about their team would be better off with Farvre as QB :huh:
he went on a long rambling about it. :angel:
it was on ESPN

Squid kids Dad
11-05-2005, 01:22 AM
Dont think the Pats would ever consider him.....

The Dad Fisherman
11-05-2005, 02:40 AM
He also said he was angry w/ the team because they didn't make a big deal out of his 100th TD Catch.....the man is a cancer, they need to lose him fast.

Mike P
11-05-2005, 12:29 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Iggles don't even make the playoffs this year. McNabb is playing hurt (and really should be benched), they have no running game, and their once vaunted defense has looked mighty porous against middle of the pack AFC teams like the Chiefs and Broncos. The rest of their division is vastly improved. Next 3 games, at the Skins, home against Dallas (who they already lost to), and at the much improved :D Giants. A 1-3 record in the division after that stretch is certainly a distinct possibility.

fishaholic18
11-05-2005, 01:10 PM
TO keeps it interesting for sure.
He's probably right about the Farve thing with McNabb being hurt.
He has the right to speek his opinion, he just has to suffer the consequence, like not recognizing his 100'th TD.
I think he'd be great for the Pat's, look at what Dillon turned out to be. :kewl:

tynan19
11-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Just got benched for the game tomorrow.

fishaholic18
11-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Just got benched for the game tomorrow.
Thanks for the info.
Gotta bench him on my fantasy team.

Raider Ronnie
11-05-2005, 05:28 PM
This is the guy that San Francisco dicided was their future and ended up letting Jerry Rice go for!!! :gf:

Mike P
11-05-2005, 05:29 PM
He's probably right about the Farve thing with McNabb being hurt.

He's been on McNabb's case almost since the day he inked his contract. McNabb is out there with some kind of hernia, and it's obvious he's playing in a great deal of pain. I'm not a fan of McNabb as a QB, but you can't land on him when he's out there busting his guts (literally) trying to win. If I thought that TO wasn't taking a personal shot at McNabb, I'd agree with you. But everyone knows he is. Who he should be critical of is Andy Reid, for not benching McNabb. The head coach has to step up and determine which QB gives a better chance of winning---a 60% McNabb or a 100% backup.

Why isn't TO being critical of Brian Westbrook, who's clear lack of effort out of dissatisfaction with his contractual situation is hurting the Eagles much more than McNabb's poor throwing? The guy's season high so far is 89 yards vs the pathetic 49ers. He racked up a whopping 15 yards rushing against the Chief's defense---which no one is ever going to confuse with that of the Ravens or Steelers. 12 yards against the Cowboys, 25 against the Chargers? Tell me this guy isn't mailing in the season :rollem:

BTW, the word on ESPN is that TO is suspended indefinitely, not just for tomorrow.

Vermonter
11-05-2005, 05:51 PM
He's really out of control and someone on that team, or the team as a whole, needs to rein him in. Id say that indefinite suspension is a move in the right direction, tho he may need to have a defensive lineman pin him to a wall and explain the facts of life concerning team play and supporting teammates in the media. I dont recall him being all that bad last year towards McNabb, but ever since training camp opened this year TO's been antagonistic as could be. Have to wonder how much of it is driven due to the disparity in salaries between he and McNabb.

Hasnt Westbrook been off the charts out of the backfield with the passing game? I know his running numbers are down but I thought it was more a reflection on how much the Eagles have been throwing the ball.

Mike P
11-05-2005, 06:37 PM
You might write off the Chiefs game, as they got down a bundle early and had to throw to come back. But, it was 15 yards on 9 carries. A little over a yard and a half a touch. With that veteran O-line (Runyan, Fraley et al) and against a bad D. His season average per carry is almost a full yard under his career average to date.

In the games I've seen, he's getting yardage in the clear, but going down as soon as he's touched. He held out pre-season, came back unhappy, and I think it's affecting his attitude.

Vermonter
11-05-2005, 08:10 PM
I knew he came back unhappy, he wasnt shy about his salary statements. I remember thinking during training camp that he had a far more valid complaint than TO did. I want to say he was making a mil and a half through this year, which of course Id take it in a hearbeat. :humpty:

I havent seen many of their games so no real idea about his effort/heart with the ball, his stats sure emphasize the passing game. But you'd think that he, or his agent, would realize he needs to put the effort into running the ball to keep his value up around the league.

Surfcastinglife
11-05-2005, 09:05 PM
suspended indefenitely today

Vermonter
11-06-2005, 10:17 AM
Should be interesting. On the field (and only there) Owens has been huge for them, without him they'll have to establish a running game Id say.

fishaholic18
11-06-2005, 10:54 AM
suspended indefenitely today
With pay.
Good deal. :cool:

Surfcastinglife
11-06-2005, 05:44 PM
4 games is max without...im sure they wont pay him for 4 of them :P

Squid kids Dad
11-06-2005, 05:49 PM
At roughly $200000 a game...What a jerk

Raven
11-06-2005, 06:09 PM
I THINK HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ACKNOWLEDGED ! WELL DONE T.O.:btu:

Raven
11-06-2005, 06:13 PM
COREY DILLION WAS A TROUBLE MAKER BEFORE JOINING THE PATS.
when your frustrated and disatisfied thats how you act.....it's normal.

Squid kids Dad
11-06-2005, 06:48 PM
Its all about me me me me me,,It isnt the norm.....Its a team sport....This is not his 1st time in calling attention to himself...

fishaholic18
11-06-2005, 06:59 PM
Its all about me me me me me,,It isnt the norm.....Its a team sport....This is not his 1st time in calling attention to himself...
I recall Dillon being all about me me me. :pop:

The Dad Fisherman
11-07-2005, 08:24 AM
I Think Dillon wanted more to be Gone, Gone, Gone...from the Cincy Organization.

I don't think that even on his worst day, Dillon caused the kind of Disruption to his organization that TO has caused to the Eagles. Mike P was right, TO has been on McNabb's case since the day he signed and Probably has more Media Hioghlights of his comments than TD receptions, And he has quite a few TD's since joining the Eagles.

I think Dillon's frustration was from being on a team that was always out of the play-off picture by the end of November every year. TO was picked up by an Organization that had made 3 straight NFC Championship game appearances. He was supposed to be the guy that helped get them over the hump, instead he copped an instant attitude and started disrupting them almost immediately....Remember he was copping his attitude even before he got there when he didn't want to go to Baltimore and said he would refuse to play there.

As soon as Lawyer Milloy started getting attitude he was gone

When Ty Law started....See ya

I don't think TO would make it out of the pre-season before Belicheck said see ya.The closest I want to see TO to a patriots uniform is when he is getting smothered by our defense in another humiliating loss...:D

afterhours
11-07-2005, 08:29 AM
another huge talent with a bad head. could be the best ever. t.o. being t.o. :doh:

Mike P
11-07-2005, 02:32 PM
It's really very simple---if you're a QB and 80% of your passes aren't thrown to TO, you suck in his eyes and he'll be all over you to the press.

Happened with Jeff Garcia in SF and again with McNabb.

Atlanta might be a good fit for him--he can bad-mouth Vick and Vick can deliver one that'll penetrate his sternum :humpty:

The Dad Fisherman
11-07-2005, 02:38 PM
I was actually thinking he would be a good fit in Oakland....they have a tendancy to pick up the Dregs of society.

Could you imagine the media circus that would ensue with Moss and TO on the same team.... :laughs:

Mike P
11-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Do the Raiders have enough cap room (let alone a big enough locker room) for both Moss and TO? If I were Al Davis, I'd stick with Moss and Porter.

The rules don't allow two balls in play (which is the only way you could ever keep the two of them happy), and even if they did, Collins can't consistently take a clean snap, or deliver a pass to someone wearing the same color jersey as his, with just one ball :grins:

Raider Ronnie
11-07-2005, 06:08 PM
COREY DILLION WAS A TROUBLE MAKER BEFORE JOINING THE PATS.
when your frustrated and disatisfied thats how you act.....it's normal.

I'm sure that Barry Sanders was very frustrated in Detroit all the time with the way they never surrounded him with a good team,
but he never acted like a like TO!!!

The Dad Fisherman
11-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Well We won't have TO to pick on this season

Eagles say Owens won't return this season

By ROB MAADDI, AP Sports Writer
November 7, 2005
PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Terrell Owens can take his touchdowns and dance somewhere else.

The tempestuous star receiver won't return to the Philadelphia Eagles this season -- or probably ever -- ``a result of a large number of situations that accumulated over a long period of time,'' coach Andy Reid said Monday.

Owens was suspended for Sunday night's 17-10 loss at Washington, and will remain suspended for three more games without pay. After that, the Eagles plan to deactivate him for the rest of the season.

Reid said the outspoken player ``had been warned repeatedly about the consequences of his actions.''

``We gave Terrell every opportunity to avoid this outcome,'' he said.

Owens was suspended Saturday, two days after he said the Eagles showed ``a lack of class'' for not publicly recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch in a game on Oct. 23. In the same interview with ESPN.com on Thursday, Owens said the Eagles would be better off with Green Bay's Brett Favre at quarterback instead of Donovan McNabb.

Owens also was involved in a fight last week with former Eagles defensive end Hugh Douglas, who remains with the team as its ``ambassador.'' Owens apologized for his comments about the organization in a brief statement on Friday, but he didn't apologize to McNabb or the team.

``The league has been notified by the players' union that they will be grieving our right to take that action,'' Reid said, ``therefore there is nothing more that I can say at this point.''

Owens' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, refused to comment. Owens' relationship with the Eagles took a drastic turn after he fired longtime agent David Joseph, hired Rosenhaus and demanded a new contract just one season into the seven-year, $48.97 million deal he signed when he came to Philadelphia in March 2004.

Owens is scheduled to earn $3.25 million this season, meaning the four-game suspension would cost him almost $800,000.

The Eagles will have to pay Owens nearly $1 million to stay home the final five games.

Owens will either be traded or released after the season. He is due to receive a $5 million roster bonus in March 2006, so the Eagles will decide his fate before then.

Owens made more than $9 million last season, when he helped lead Philadelphia to the Super Bowl.

Two years ago, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers decided they'd had enough of Keyshawn Johnson and did something similar.

After Johnson criticized coach Jon Gruden, the Super Bowl champion Bucs deactivated the star receiver and sent him home for the final six games with pay.

The Eagles are 4-4 this season. And McNabb, who feuded with Owens throughout the summer and has been a constant target of his criticism, finally took a stand in the matter, saying the team might be ``better off'' without Owens.

``Obviously it is tough losing a guy of his caliber, his ability, but I think we might be better off,'' McNabb said after throwing an interception that sealed the loss to Washington.

``I think what we did tonight, we showed that we played well together. I think we also showed that when given the opportunity, guys can make plays for us. We're 4-4. We're not 1-7. I think that's the way to look at it. For the guys in the locker room, we win together and we lose together,'' he said.

Asked to elaborate on how the team could be better off without its top receiver, McNabb emphasized the remaining players are united with the same goal of winning.

``Nothing against him and his attitude. It's just that when you get out there on the field, it's about playing together,'' McNabb said. ``I think we all played with a lot of attitude and a lot of adrenaline. Guys played well together. It was unfortunate that we didn't win this game, but I think it may be a steppingstone for us to move forward.''

Rookie Reggie Brown filled in for Owens against Washington and caught five passes for 94 yards, including a 56-yard TD reception. But the Eagles' offense continued to struggle and couldn't score the tying touchdown with three shots from the Redskins 7 in the final minutes.

The Eagles are 17-5 with Owens, including a 24-21 loss to New England in the Super Bowl. In that game, Owens had nine catches for 122 yards after defying his doctor's advice and playing 6 1/2 weeks after ankle surgery.

They're 2-1 without him in games that matter, winning twice in the NFC playoffs.

Owens was set to earn base salaries of $770,000 in 2006, $5.5 million in 2007, $6.5 million in 2008, $7.5 million in 2009, and $8.5 million in 2010.

This was the second time Owens has been suspended during his controversial 10-year career. In 2000, he was suspended one game by San Francisco coach Steve Mariucci following his infamous touchdown celebrations on the Dallas Cowboys' famed star logo at the center of Texas Stadium.

Owens clashed with management this summer and earned a one-week exile from training camp after a heated dispute with Reid that followed a shouting match with offensive coordinator Brad Childress.

Owens forced a trade to the Eagles last year after eight seasons with the 49ers and invigorated the offense with his superior skills. He had 77 catches for 1,200 yards and 14 TDs in 14 games, helping the Eagles to a 13-1 start and nine victories by double-digit margins.

The bad blood between Owens and McNabb began after Owens went down with a severely sprained ankle and broken leg in Week 15 against Dallas. Owens was upset that McNabb and other players said the Eagles could reach the Super Bowl without him, which they did.

Soon after Philadelphia lost to the Patriots, Owens took his first shot at McNabb, suggesting the five-time Pro Bowl quarterback was tired in the fourth quarter of the loss.

McNabb responded harshly and the two didn't speak for a prolonged period in training camp. They eventually reconciled their relationship and performed well together on the field -- Owens has 47 catches for 763 yards and six TDs this season.

However, Owens continued to throw verbal jabs at McNabb during his weekly radio show or whenever he granted interviews.

Raider Ronnie
11-23-2005, 04:38 PM
:hang: :kewl:

afterhours
11-23-2005, 04:51 PM
great talent, but has chit for brains. moron to the nth degree.