View Full Version : My friday from hell..

Nebe
11-06-2005, 06:52 PM
What a friggin weekend... friday was my day off and i thought i would go fishing for a couple hours. i get out to the end of a jetty and start fishing. Next thing i know i start getting the cold shakes and i can barely stand. its about a 1/4 mile walk to my truck and i barely made it back. My wife was out of town until 10 so i had to pick up my son from day care, go grocery shopping and then take care of him until she came home... When i got home from fishing i took my temp- 103 degrees.. then i go grocery shopping. it takes me 45 minutes to do what i usually can do in 15. I get to the checkout lane and when its time to pay i realize i forgot my wallet. Now i have to drive home to get my wallet and then back to get the groceries. After all that nonsense i have to watch a 15 month old, make him dinner and then give him a bath. The whole time I am on the brink of hallucination. just when i think i am in the clear, the tub is done and i am ready to take him out what does he do? he poops. So now i have to give him a 2nd bath. After putting him to bed i pass out in exhaustion on the couch and wake to find Mrs eben looking at me with concern. at this point i am totally delerious and we take my temp agian... now its 104.2. She freaks out, calls a freind to come over to watch the kid and hauls me to the emergency room. They take my blood, the give me an IV to re-hydrate me.. i didnt leave til 3 am.

what a friggin wild ride. I am better now, but man oh man i have never been so sick.

fishaholic18
11-06-2005, 07:04 PM
Wow. Hope your good now. WTH caused that? Anything to do with the Lyme?

Nebe
11-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Daycare.. my son got sick from another kid at the beginnign of the week. absolute torture. Lyme had nothing to do with it.

tynan19
11-06-2005, 07:18 PM
I hope your better but the poop was funny. My kid did it in the bath the other day and thought it was funny too.

Raven
11-06-2005, 07:19 PM
get well soon Eben!

striperman36
11-06-2005, 07:27 PM
Happened to me in in mekong all the time. at least you only had to deal with poop. It's called maliaria

Clammer
11-06-2005, 07:29 PM
And that,s a bad day ?????????????//// Wait ya still young :wiggle:

BigFish
11-06-2005, 07:34 PM
Probably has something to do with Bush! :laughs:

Hope you feel better Eben....that did not sound like fun!

justplugit
11-06-2005, 08:15 PM
Bummer,hope your feelin better Eben.:btu: Now, is that lightnin comin from the eyes of ya avatar, or do i got what you had and hallucinating too.:huh: :D

mikecc
11-06-2005, 08:22 PM
I bet the only other time you felt that bad was when B U S H was relected. :laughs:
Hope your feeling better.

Squid kids Dad
11-06-2005, 09:20 PM
YUP...I agree gotta be Bush's fault.....Seriously tho I hope you feel better

ProfessorM
11-06-2005, 09:30 PM
Wait it doesn't get any better. Day Care , Kindergarden. They are breeding grounds for all the nice germs. I am a Mr. Mom with a 5 year old and have been so sick the last 3 winters. I am getting ready it should be any day now. The wife got it from my daughter and I am next. I am always last. I get no sympathy because they are sick of being sick and don't want to hear it. My grandmother from Nova Scotia always said big tablespoons of Cod Liver Oil. Disgusting.. . P.

vineyardblues
11-07-2005, 08:16 AM
what clammer said .................................................

vb

The Dad Fisherman
11-07-2005, 08:33 AM
I never got sick....until I had kids.

They bring everything home to share with you... :yak6: wait until he starts kindergarten...

chris L
11-07-2005, 09:33 AM
What a friggin weekend... friday was my day off and i thought i would go fishing for a couple hours. i get out to the end of a jetty and start fishing. Next thing i know i start getting the cold shakes and i can barely stand. its about a 1/4 mile walk to my truck and i barely made it back. My wife was out of town until 10 so i had to pick up my son from day care, go grocery shopping and then take care of him until she came home... When i got home from fishing i took my temp- 103 degrees.. then i go grocery shopping. it takes me 45 minutes to do what i usually can do in 15. I get to the checkout lane and when its time to pay i realize i forgot my wallet. Now i have to drive home to get my wallet and then back to get the groceries. After all that nonsense i have to watch a 15 month old, make him dinner and then give him a bath. The whole time I am on the brink of hallucination. just when i think i am in the clear, the tub is done and i am ready to take him out what does he do? he poops. So now i have to give him a 2nd bath. After putting him to bed i pass out in exhaustion on the couch and wake to find Mrs eben looking at me with concern. at this point i am totally delerious and we take my temp agian... now its 104.2. She freaks out, calls a freind to come over to watch the kid and hauls me to the emergency room. They take my blood, the give me an IV to re-hydrate me.. i didnt leave til 3 am.

what a friggin wild ride. I am better now, but man oh man i have never been so sick.
as my wife has said many a times welcome to motherhood . glad to hear your better after being hydrated .

Redsoxticket
11-07-2005, 10:22 AM
Did you hook into any fish ? :spin:

Really, your a good father to have done what you did being sick. Get well.

Nebe
11-07-2005, 11:14 AM
Wait it doesn't get any better. Day Care , Kindergarden. They are breeding grounds for all the nice germs. I am a Mr. Mom with a 5 year old and have been so sick the last 3 winters. I am getting ready it should be any day now. The wife got it from my daughter and I am next. I am always last. I get no sympathy because they are sick of being sick and don't want to hear it. My grandmother from Nova Scotia always said big tablespoons of Cod Liver Oil. Disgusting.. . P.

I have a new name for our daycare place... " The Incubator" :sick:

still sick- i can barely swallow. no more fever, but have the sore throat from hell.

Raven
11-07-2005, 11:39 AM
unfortunately exposure to germs is the only way the human body is able to build up an imunity to them.....and a study done on parents who isolated their kids from being exposed to the general public....found that their kids later on in life were much more unhealthy than the kids that were exposed to them in the "incubators" .. well said nebe...
the downside is that the parents contract the same germs when exposed to them by their own children.

i once worked with this new younger guy on a job...who said he needed to go home and was very ill with some sorta flu... thinking i was imune (from having had the flu many times) i didnt give it much thought...

later that evening i got hit really hard with the "new" bug... and got the chills so bad that i dragged myself to the shower to get my core temperature back up.
within 10 minutes i was shaking so bad i was shaking the whole house and felt like a can of paint in a paint shaker at home depot...thought i was gonna die..............
right there in the shower, it was so intense. I never saw that guy again.

the threat of a new flu panademic is quite real...and don't let the distance of it being across the ocean in indonesia or china give you a false sense of security....because once the native bird populations get it from the domestic birds...it'll only be a matter of time before it arrives.

you as a parent may not survive but the "incubator" (as you put it) may be what's responsible
for saving the life of your own child if and when it hits the good ole USA.
below is the bird migration map....a scary but real prospect.

RIJIMMY
11-07-2005, 12:40 PM
Daycare.. my son got sick from another kid at the beginnign of the week. absolute torture. Lyme had nothing to do with it.

I hear ya, I never got sick until I had kids. I have had 6 violent stomach virsues in the last 3 years. Fevers, flu, core throat. It sucks.
I'm glad you're doing better.
Saturday, I was at craft fair thing at the local high school with my wife and kids. My wife was browsing around and I was playing with the kids, suddenly my son starts heaving and pukes all over the gym floor, my daughter freaks out and people we getting grossed out. He puked about 4 times all over himself and the floor. They're too young to leave alne while I got help so I had to stand there and comfort him until my wife came by. I got a bunch fo towels and cleaned the gym floor. That was 2 days ago so I should feel the fever and nausea coming soon..... :nailem:

Pete_G
11-07-2005, 06:25 PM
I was pretty much NEVER sick as a kid, perfect attendance through grade school and also high school. College, well, I had a lot of sick days but that generally wasn't due to germs. I certainly wasn't isolated though as a kid. Lucky I guess or maybe my immune system beat the colds before they developed.

And now, at 27, I seem to catch a cold even with just the briefest exposure to someone who is sick. Pretty much I would support the study Raven mentioned.

Bird flu scares the hell out of me by the way. We're due for a pandemic, it's more a matter of when rather then if. Anyone in medicine will tell you that. What really scares me is that it doesn't seem to care who it kills like a normal flu. At 27, I'm active and healthy, but bird flu could kill me just as it would someone older or less healthy.

Ever thought about what happens if bird flu hits? I'm not talking about people dying from it. Think about New Orleans and how quickly society fell apart. I bet people aren't going to be real friendly towards sneezing in public if bird flu comes around. I can see things getting violent...

NIB
11-08-2005, 07:13 AM
Wow.It seems the flu type bugs are getting stronger an stronger.used to be feelin like crap with some fever.now its incoherent behavior with high fever an more full blown sickness.Hope u feel better.perhaps ur illness spawned from my phone call Thursday.

Raven
11-08-2005, 07:36 AM
its a complicated subject to say the least....

and it quickly becomes obscure with all the
scientific mumbo jumbo...used sometimes....

i read constantly about it and found the
language (analogies) used in this article to be
much easier to understand the basics.

i'm not endorsing the product line but
thought it was useful enough to share
especially on the echinacea herb....

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/t042500.asp

seabass
11-08-2005, 06:32 PM
Eben has the first case of bird flu on this board, anyone who pm's him will catch it too. Thank goodness B U S H has dedicated funds to care for this, John R should file a claim! ( hope you're feeling feeling better eben )

Raven
11-08-2005, 07:01 PM
just 87 years ago.................and we are no way prepared t.o.d.a.y.
.................................................. .................................................. .......
WASHINGTON (AP) - The 1918 influenza virus that killed more than
20 million people worldwide originated from American pigs and is unlike any other known flu bug, say researchers. They warn that it could strike again.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
not to be an alarmist: but since it was sooo way before our time...
execept for maybe capesams and the clammah (just kiddin guys) :)

that just like the vietnam war....many young people today, don't realize it's meaning and or dont think that the holocost (for example) was even a true event....

Nebe
11-08-2005, 07:32 PM
Eben has the first case of bird flu on this board, anyone who pm's him will catch it too. Thank goodness B U S H has dedicated funds to care for this, John R should file a claim! ( hope you're feeling feeling better eben )
:jump: :jump: :rotfl:

Pete_G
11-09-2005, 12:52 AM
just 87 years ago.................and we are no way prepared t.o.d.a.y.
.................................................. .................................................. .......
WASHINGTON (AP) - The 1918 influenza virus that killed more than
20 million people worldwide originated from American pigs and is unlike any other known flu bug, say researchers. They warn that it could strike again.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
not to be an alarmist: but since it was sooo way before our time...
execept for maybe capesams and the clammah (just kiddin guys) :)

that just like the vietnam war....many young people today, don't realize it's meaning and or dont think that the holocost (for example) was even a true event....

I've got a few doctors from Newport Hospital who come into the shop regularly and they've thoroughly spooked me about this whole bird flu thing. Nothing like dying due to your lungs filling up with fluid.

I thought I read the 1918 virus originated from birds but maybe my memory is playing tricks on me.

We could of course get lucky and it won't happen in our lifetime. Or we could get unlucky and there will be a pandemic...

Raven
11-09-2005, 06:39 AM
pigs physiology (their internal organs) are very similar to humans.
thats why now human organs (replacement organs) can be grown for humans inside of pigs with the exact same blood type (ie no rejection) for transplants.

and all it takes is one single bird (plover :) ] that got blown off course by a hurricane to arrive here with (the h5n1 strain) bird flu and infect a bunch of pigeons (no longer allowed to be fed in bird flu areas)
one of which is eaten by a homeless person who's standing on a street corner in new york as hundreds of people pass by on the way to the airport. how it'll happen is the -> unknown.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
when the bubonic plauge hit europe, many of the people that survived secretly kept cats (which was forbidden) that ate the rats, that carried the fleas, that transmitted the disease. the men who were robbing the dead people laying around everywhere had strings of garlic around their necks to ward off evil but in reality repelled the fleas. this gave credibility to all the vampire stuff. in those days garlic was commonly called "the four thieves" because of those robbers of the dead wearing it around their necks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
thats why it's important to know how to boost your imune system because the bird flu strain can mutate into a human strain real easily....

two things to remember are... screw the future! ...you'll be lucky to even see it, so live life to the fullest NOW! ....every day is a gift from fate or god or however you want to look at it...

life is a very precarious situation at best and without 300 million vacinations ready to go we are all at tremendous risk.

echinacea herb studied by the germans primarily confirming the imune system boosting power with the double blind scientific tests will fly off the shelves in a single day. make sure you have some at home on your shelf.

my wife works for Genzyme pharmaecutical in the shipping warehouse
and the "word is" that all of the drug manufacturers are about to gear up to make this vacine. our president met with all the presidents of those companies in a secret meeting.
this is a very serious situation to say the least. i consider you all to be my friends and knowledge is power... so i had a responsibility to speak my mind.
:uhuh:

basswipe
11-09-2005, 06:40 AM
I've got a few doctors from Newport Hospital who come into the shop regularly and they've thoroughly spooked me about this whole bird flu thing.

I'd be more frightened of the docs from Newport Hospital than from the flu.That
place is a horror show.

Pt.JudeJoe
11-09-2005, 10:58 PM
or you could step off the curb and get hit by a @#$%@#^%^^BUS!

Springtides
11-10-2005, 12:29 AM
My dad's uncle died at the age of 24 from that pandemic.

NIB
11-11-2005, 07:17 AM
Ever read "The Stand" by steven king.

The Dad Fisherman
11-11-2005, 08:58 AM
1918....Where have I heard that date before???

Oh well whatever it was its been forgotten.... :D