View Full Version : Cutting and balance

ThrowingTimber
11-07-2005, 04:14 PM
Have a Lami 1213L Looking to use it as an eeling stick next spring. I'm thinking of cutting 4-6 inches off the tip to stiffin it up a bit as its waaaay too whippy. Its going to be wrapped conventional, with a trigger reel seat any suggestions on the cutting and a reel that will balance this correctly? Also would low rise guides be the way to go on this? Thank in advance. :)

Been thinking about it a ton fishing eels with a conventional seems just sooo much easier.. oh I got a take... none of this drop the tip take a step forward flip the bail, or pull the line off the roller, count to 10, put the line on the roller, then cross its eyes.

Im thinking it will be more like, oh I got a pick up *click* count to ten, *&^%WHAM*^**^&!!!!!! :laugha: :think:

fishaholic18
11-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Vic, I wrapped one full length spinning and been eeling with it all season, I love it. I kinda like the whippyness, I can really lay into a cast and not tear the eels head off. Not sure if they make a tip big enough if you take 4-6 off it, make sure you check into that. Give me a ring if ya need any help with it.

ThrowingTimber
11-07-2005, 04:25 PM
Sweet!! thank Dave! I'll gather up the materials and a 30 rack of wobbly pops :btu: I'll give you a ring when Im good to go. Sorry I did get back to you last week, work's been owning me... I'm pretty much caught up so Im good to go now, I definately appreciated the call and am dying to take you up on the offer and thanks for the offer to help me out with this :btu:

fishaholic18
11-07-2005, 04:30 PM
Cool, wind is killing us, looking though....... :faga:

spence
11-07-2005, 04:35 PM
Have a Lami 1213L Looking to use it as an eeling stick next spring.
What the heck is a Lami 1213L :confused:

-spence

ThrowingTimber
11-07-2005, 04:43 PM
where tf did the edit button go? LAMI-GSB1321L is what I meant sorry. Slighty dislexia :wall: sucks for writing code.. :wall: :wall: :cputin: :uhuh: :wall:

reelecstasy
11-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Have a Lami 1213L Looking to use it as an eeling stick next spring. I'm thinking of cutting 4-6 inches off the tip to stiffin it up a bit as its waaaay too whippy. Its going to be wrapped conventional, with a trigger reel seat any suggestions on the cutting and a reel that will balance this correctly? Also would low rise guides be the way to go on this? Thank in advance. :)

Been thinking about it a ton fishing eels with a conventional seems just sooo much easier.. oh I got a take... none of this drop the tip take a step forward flip the bail, or pull the line off the roller, count to 10, put the line on the roller, then cross its eyes.

Im thinking it will be more like, oh I got a pick up *click* count to ten, *&^%WHAM*^**^&!!!!!! :laugha: :think:
Baitrunner,........flip,click click click, rip lips.... :think:
Joke, I love my conv

fishaholic18
11-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Should be a SB1213M.
Might want to leave it whippy just for Spence. :bshake: :lasso:
:hee:

spence
11-07-2005, 05:00 PM
where tf did the edit button go? LAMI-GSB1321L is what I meant sorry.
I've got one with about 4" off the tip done spinner. It's a sweet rod, and great for eels in big water.

-spence

spence
11-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Should be a SB1213M.
Might want to leave it whippy just for Spence.
Nothing like Pats/Colts pre-game jitters to let the fantasies slip out, eh? ;)

-spence

Mike P
11-07-2005, 05:16 PM
Why not just go with a GSB 120 1M?

I don't think you're gonna stiffen the 1L all that much by lopping off 4-6". It's a parabolic rod and it's still gonna bend almost into the butt section.

If you want something under 10' you can trim the butt of the 1M :huh:

fishaholic18
11-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Nothing like Pats/Colts pre-game jitters to let the fantasies slip out, eh? ;)

-spence
:hihi: :hihi: