View Full Version : Life is totally not fair.......

reelecstasy
11-10-2005, 11:09 AM
My little girl (7yrs old) just went for another Dr's appoinment at Mass Eye and Ear, she has lost even more hearing and is going deaf and there is nothing they can do right now..No hearing aids for her type of loss. It was bad enough she could not hear the birds sing or follow a conversation if any other noise was in the room. Now it is getting worse, and there is Nothing I can do. It hurts my heart more than you know....I know alot of people have alot of tough issues to deal with and I respect that, things could certainly be worse, but it still aches me....................Just wanted/needed to vent....

RIROCKHOUND
11-10-2005, 11:14 AM
Sucks Chris; sucks...
as easy as it is to say it could be worse, it still sucks to deal with what isnt the worst! if that makes sense...

Swimmer
11-10-2005, 11:18 AM
My thoughts and prayers for your daughter brother...

JohnR
11-10-2005, 11:20 AM
Chris, real sorry to hear this....

Bass Babe
11-10-2005, 11:22 AM
That's rough, dude. It probably seems to blow quite a bit right now, but you're totally right that it could be worse. You know how when people have an issue with one their senses, they tend to make up for it with other ones? Who knows -- she could end up a famous photographer or a great artist. Not to mention all the other things that she'll still be able to do in her life. I'm not saying ya shouldn't feel bad; I just wanted to remind you of the brighter side. :alien:

zacs
11-10-2005, 12:58 PM
brings a tear to my eye bro. stay stong and have faith.

_Z_

vineyardblues
11-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Very sorry to learn about this, I understand because I also have a young daughter. My wife works with disabled kid's. Start looking for a good school so you all can go and get stronger and learn togather.
VB

GaryK2
11-10-2005, 02:15 PM
I feel for you and your little girl, and I hope somehow a miracle falls upon her.

You're right life is not fair. But we must go on.

Jimbo
11-10-2005, 02:46 PM
Chris, my thoughts and wishes for a full and speedy recovery are with you and your little girl, it's tough, I know. We're going through some heavy chit with ours and still not out of the woods. Be there for her like you see many here are for both you and her. Sounds like there's hope, just not right now and that sucks, but I think someone else made a great suggestion, to seek help now for her hearing loss so you don't lose the ability to communicate. And vent anytime, don't keep that inside.

Springtides
11-10-2005, 02:48 PM
Chris, let her know that with the rapid advances in medicine and technology today that there is always hope. Its tough, I know. Remind yourself also. My daughter, when she was 5, went through operations and therapy at Childrens for her eyesight and it tears ya up. She is ok today at 19

fishaholic18
11-10-2005, 03:00 PM
She's in my prayers Chris.

piemma
11-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Sorry to hear about your daughter. Not a real religious guy but I'll say a prayer for her in church Sunday.

BigFish
11-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Sorry to hear that Chris....thats horrible but as others said...focus on all the positive aspects of her life and try your best to enhance those and make it the best you can for her! Be strong as I know you will!

tynan19
11-10-2005, 06:29 PM
Chris so sorry to hear that. She will be in our prayers.

stripersnipr
11-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Terribly sorry to hear this. Hopefully with the fast pace of medical advances this can be someday, somehow corrected. Good luck to you all.

justplugit
11-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Chris,so sorry for you and your daughter.Nothing hurts more than when it's your
Kids. Medicine is really advancing rapidly in these areas so keep the faith. Meantime i got your back with prayers and thoughts.

TheRattBoy
11-10-2005, 07:31 PM
Chris I am very sorry ... after all you all went through last winter ...again , you and your family are in my prayers. You can't fix her hearing but you can always put a smile on her face and let her know she is loved... God bless, johnny

Karl F
11-10-2005, 07:39 PM
Sorry to hear this Chris, hang tough for her.
This the gal that helped me sell raffle tickets at plugfeast last winter?

Squid kids Dad
11-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Ghris..I am so sorry....Hang in there...The way medicine is now a days you never know...She will be in my prayers

Raider Ronnie
11-10-2005, 08:15 PM
I'm saddened reading this Chris!
Makes realize how I take for granted having healthy kids!!!
Stay positive bud

reelecstasy
11-12-2005, 04:01 PM
Sorry to hear this Chris, hang tough for her.
This the gal that helped me sell raffle tickets at plugfeast last winter?
That's the one Karl........
Thanks to everyone for their positive thoughts....

MAC
11-12-2005, 05:43 PM
Chris, sorry to hear this news. She will be in our thoughts.

Slingah
11-12-2005, 07:00 PM
hang tuff Chris.....that news sucks...dont let it get to you ....stay positive for her...I remember her sellin the tickets..she's a cutie...God Bless

afterhours
11-13-2005, 08:44 PM
like the guys said chris, stay strong for her. med tech is advancing daily, thoughts and prayers.

Notaro
11-13-2005, 09:58 PM
Chris, have you ever given a thought about Coclear Implant?

Anyway, hang in there. If you need to talk about your issue with me because I have some friends who became deaf aroudn your daughter's age or in their adulthood. I can relate to this.

riverrat55
11-14-2005, 07:42 AM
Chris, sorry to hear that!!!
Our prayers are with you and your family!!!

Slipknot
11-14-2005, 07:48 AM
:( sorry to hear that news Chris.
I hope things turn around for you, your daughter is such a wonderful kid, we all now she doesn't deserve this. I know it's hard for you as a parent.

Sea Dangles
11-14-2005, 09:40 PM
I'm sure that seeing you smile lights up her day.Smiles are infectious to children and adults.You are both blessed with life so give love.

Peter Lajoie
11-14-2005, 11:32 PM
That sucks Chris, hang in there, I will say a prayer for your daughter, I hope everything turns out alright and something will come along in the medical field that can help her with it...

Mr. Sandman
11-15-2005, 08:02 AM
I sincerely hope things work out for the best for your daughter. I can't imagine what you and your wife must be going through.
God Bless

Vogt
11-21-2005, 06:59 PM
sorry to hear that :( Keep the faith and tight lines

Bronko
11-22-2005, 07:32 AM
Hang in there Chris, and have a great holiday.

shadow
11-22-2005, 10:28 AM
I'm sure that seeing you smile lights up her day.Smiles are infectious to children and adults.You are both blessed with life so give love.
best advise i heard coudnt said it better my self:

Raven
11-22-2005, 02:04 PM
http://www.bionicear.com/tour/default.asp

info on what Notaro mentioned... with some interesting insights into your daughters special needs....(for example) like when he was in a dark room not having any
auditory clues was a difficult thing ...so you'll need to adapt your lighting system...perhaps...

I'm sorry your having to go thru this.... and for your Daughter..

Maybe you could put some EAR PLUGS (soft foam type) in your ears so that you can't hear well.... and then explore ways to make your daughters lack of hearing more comfortable for her...by experiencing it in simulation , yourself.

reelecstasy
11-22-2005, 02:32 PM
Raven, you think like I do.. I have done that, go stand at the shore, cover your ears..No birds, not hearing the low thumps of the waves crashing..I have done this and that is why it sits heavy. We explore nature often, so we try and focus on how things feel, differences in color, smells.. You can't blame a father for wanting his child to have everything..
Luckily she attends a good school in a good town. They have purchased a special mic the teacher wears around her neck and Danielle has a speaker on her desk. It is no solution, but it is a step..Often sounds cut in and out if they is any background noise, so it makes learning difficult. She is getting the attention she needs and her classmates are very supportive, surprisingly because as you know, kids can be tough...I just needed to vent a little, sometimes it just gets to me... Thanks again to all, great group...