View Full Version : How's your season going?

Crazy Alberto
11-10-2005, 12:50 PM
Hello Fellow Fishers,

Now that the end of our fall run season is almost over, did it meet your expatiations? :)

"Crazy" Alberto
NonStopFisher@Optonline.net

Squibby17
11-10-2005, 01:01 PM
are you this crazy alberto? If so my season prob wasnt as good as yours

Crazy Alberto
11-10-2005, 01:46 PM
Hello Squibby17

Yes, that's me! :angel:

Could you elaborate how your season is going? I like to get a general consensus if ya don't mind. ;)

"Crazy" Alberto
NonStopFisher@Optonline.net

fishaholic18
11-10-2005, 02:20 PM
I had a good season as a whole. Had its ups and downs.
Put in a lot of time. I got more bigger fish this year than usual.
My largest was 48.5" and a couple others that were 48".
Also caught countless others in the mid -upper 40" range most of which I releaseed. I kept a pretty good log this year which will hopefully pay off in the coming years. So, I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

The Dad Fisherman
11-10-2005, 02:40 PM
This being only my Second full year of surf-casting I can't complain. The Fall run up here on the North Shore was rather weak though. The season over-all was good to me w/ my 1st and 2nd over 40" fish. A lot of 1sts and bests for me this season.

1st keeper out of the Canal.
1st keeper on my own wood.
Biggest Bluefish ever
Biggest Striper ever

Plus pulled some nice fish from 3 new places that I never Fished before. All in all a good season. I have some take-aways to look at over the off-season and try and figure some stuff out for next year.

eelman
11-10-2005, 02:53 PM
most consistant season I have ever had and more 30lb+ fish than I have ever had......One of the best seasons in a long time.....Fall run overall...stunk....Spring and summer was fabulous

libassboy
11-10-2005, 02:56 PM
I had a good spring, summer, early fall but as u know AL things are just really starting to happen fall run wise here on LI.
Ask me again in a month... :ss:

Rappin Mikey
11-10-2005, 03:29 PM
I also had a good spring/early summer. My best yet for quanity and quality. I have to say, Western MA was really kind to me during the shad/herring run. The Outer Cape was even kinder. The Fall however was not to hot. Actually, it stunk like elderberries. I fished three states so far this Fall with only one fish over 20# to show for it. It kind of stinks because I'm only limited to weekend and sick day fishing living way out here in the Springfield area. Got a few more trips left in me though.

zacs
11-10-2005, 03:58 PM
May was OK for me.
JUNE WAS RED HOT
July seemed to slow down right after the 4th, but not bad
Same pace right through August.
Things heated up for me in September, but then died at the end of the month.
October was somehwat OK, but a lot of rain outs.
Nov, I haven't fished as much (started new job), but have had a few good nights with numbers but I can't find the large.
FYI I fish in RI by boat in western Narr Bay from wickford to PJ, and by shore from EG wrapping around the corner all the way over to watch hill. Oh and i did a decent amount of boat fishing this spring in buzzards bay, decent numbers of schoolies.

hope this helps.

_Z_

basswipe
11-10-2005, 04:56 PM
May was incredible.1st 2wks of June were good.July-Sept.were lame and things haven't been to bad for Oct/Nov.

My time and places to fish were very limited this year though.

Clammer
11-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Add it all together ////////it f #$%^&*( sucked ><><><> :nailem:

BigFish
11-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Spring sucked for me...I would have caught more fish mowing the lawn! Summer was about the same with the exception of my July trip to Cuttyhunk.....that was awesome! :kewl: Went to Cutty again in September...again it was the best! :kewl: The season fishing my plugs was very, very good.....got lots of fish on just about everything....there were a few plugs the fish would not leave alone! :kewl: Fall was ok....it died just as it was heating up but at least my season finished better than it started! Time to get ready for next season! ;)

fishaholic18
11-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Add it all together ////////it f #$%^&*( sucked ><><><> :nailem:
C'mon Mike, the few times we got out together we did good..and laughed our ^@%$#&*! asses off.
Rem. the time u hit the $%#$#@ RIPTA boat???? :spin:

seabass
11-10-2005, 07:09 PM
I caught more consistent 35" fish then ever, I should've been a charter captain, but no 50# fishies like you drag through the rocks, oh deity of the morone saxatalis master! teach me how, I'm much to impatiant! :confused:

kippy
11-10-2005, 09:41 PM
I didn't get out all that much, but the spring was much better for me. I got a 37# fish in May so I would consider it a good year for a rookie.

Nebe
11-10-2005, 09:51 PM
i had an awesome season with many surprises. finding bass in strange places, scouting out new spots, finding large in broad daylight.. many many bass on my own plugs.. it was a blast. I fished alone mostly which was new to me, but i grew to crave fishing alone. i get too distracted with others around.

too bad its all over :hf1:

Clammer
11-10-2005, 11:14 PM
Dave / Alberto asked how the fishing was ..not if ya had a good time //

if that was the case --the the answer would have been F #$%^&*( great

Ya the f #$%^&*( ferry -but I can blame it on the ice //

I don,t know //but I havn,t heard from tunic since we fished last Friday night ..
It could be because of the fishing boat bearing down on us
or
no lights
or
Bouncing off the channel marker
or all of the above & then some ..

Last thing I heard him say ===sa he ran away was' next time we,ll take my boat" :beat: :beat: :wave:

Roger
11-11-2005, 12:52 AM
The fall run was pretty good, though I did not get to fish it as much as I wanted. The season as a whole was great so far. May was a little slower than I would have liked, but the fishing was consistent. June held up very well in Narr Bay, and big bass were easily caught along SoCo shore during the day through mid August. Usually that area’s pretty slow by mid July

I became addicted to chasing SBFT on light tackle in September, what fun.. Saturday I leave for Harker’s Island to chase albies and kingfish for a week. Hopefully get a few kings and all albies on the fly. After I get back, I’ll do a bit of urban fishing for holdovers to 15# through the first week of December. After that they are pretty much all small, at least where I fish.

:buds:

vineyardblues
11-11-2005, 07:18 AM
Best small tuna fishing in years.
Bass from boat very good, slow from surf.
Albie way way down for last year .
Bluefish I thought was also down from other years!
From cape cod and the islands
VB

Bass Babe
11-11-2005, 11:24 AM
Fish-wise, this season wasn't too shabby. Too many keepers to keep track, though nothing over 20# for me. Lots of action kept me from taking tantrums. There basically wasn't a fall run for me. Scheduling and weather and lack of fish kinda flushed the fall down the pooper. I need to move closer to the water. I met a ton of great people this season, though, so even if I caught nothing, it was worth it.

Swimmer
11-11-2005, 11:51 AM
CLAMMER,
You have a way with words that warms my heart!

Slingah
11-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Stayed local almost the whole season....I would say it was a okay year...alot of skunkage in the spring and summer but a few good mornings.
Fall was good but ended just as it was heating up...but I had a few exellent nights all alone with multiple mid twenty pound fish and other nights with mixed results....but always had fun with the local surf rats.

Sea Dangles
11-11-2005, 05:06 PM
Great year Al,missed seeing you up in Newport though. How is fishing on M