View Full Version : Needle Fish Ignorance

kingr
11-14-2005, 07:45 AM
I can not seem to get the hang of how to work the needle fish should it be rod tip with quick jerks so it darts ans skips or rod tip low slow jerks so it wiggles?

pbrown
11-15-2005, 03:52 PM
That was a great link. I spent the whole summer fishing needles. I had a great deal of luck with some really nice size fish. I found all of the post in the above link to be very true. Color was very important during the different moons. I had my best luck fishing the Habs 1.5oz needles along the bottom with an ocational fast twitch to get the plug to ride off the bottom. The bass seemed to take the plug as it was sinking. Black and purple was great on the darker nights and the white with a charcole head was really nice on lighter nights. I have started making needles but haven't mastered the weighting issue yet. Good Luck

The needle was the most frustrating plug to learn how to fish but turned out to be the most effective once mastered.

pbrown
11-15-2005, 03:55 PM
Oh Yeah, I should say, I was fishing along sand bottom so their was no fear of losing my needle on rocks. If I was fishing off the rocks I had really good luck with Salty's needles. They sank very slow and would come in at the depth you let them sink to.

bassmaster
02-09-2007, 06:00 PM
pm me if u need anything i can help in Big Way

Nebe
02-09-2007, 06:10 PM
pm me if u need anything i can help in Big Way
i need some free BM needles- can you help me? :think: