View Full Version : Navy Seals...........

macojoe
11-15-2005, 08:58 AM
Two things Navy SEALS are taught:*

*1. Keep your priorities in order.

2. Know when to act without hesitation.

A college professor, an avowed atheist and active in the ACLU, was
teaching his class. He shocked several of his students when he flatly
stated for once and for all he was going to prove there was no God.
Addressing the ceiling he shouted: *

*"GOD, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this
platform. I'll give you exactly 15 minutes!" *

*The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes
went by. "I'm waiting God. If you're real, knock me off this platform!"
*Again after 5 minutes, the professor taunted God, saying, "Here I am,

God!!! I'm still waiting!" His count down got down to the last
couple of minutes when a SEAL, just released from the Navy after
serving in Afghanistan and Iraq and newly registered in the class,
walked up to the Professor. *

*The SEAL hit him full force in the face, and sent the Professor
tumbling from his lofty platform. *

*The Professor was out cold!! The students were stunned and shocked.

They began to babble in confusion. The SEAL nonchalantly took his seat in
the front row and sat silent. The class looked at him and fell
silent...waiting. *

*Eventually, the professor came to and was noticeably shaken. He looked at
the SEAL in the front row. When the professor regained his senses and
could speak he asked: "What the hell is the matter with you? Why did you
do that?" *

*The SEAL replied: "God was really busy watching over
America's soldiers, who are protecting your right to say stupid sh*t
and act like an as*hole!!! *

*So He told me to take care of it

JoeP
11-15-2005, 09:34 AM
I love that... :bl: :bl:

Skip N
11-15-2005, 11:19 AM
:bl:

Swimmer
11-15-2005, 11:52 AM
:jump: :jump:

:jump: :jump:

5/0
11-15-2005, 12:16 PM
God works in mysterious ways :jump:
LOL!

missing link
11-15-2005, 06:31 PM
:jump: :eyes:

afterhours
11-15-2005, 06:38 PM
:rotfl:

jbuck
11-15-2005, 07:02 PM
Hope he got an A

tattoobob
11-15-2005, 07:58 PM
Sounds like another brain washed christian bush lover, Sorry guys

Peter Lajoie
11-15-2005, 08:03 PM

:hs:

JoeP
11-15-2005, 08:04 PM

Give me a break. That is a funny story.

justplugit
11-15-2005, 08:41 PM
ya can't box with God. :doh:

tattoobob
11-15-2005, 08:47 PM
Give me a break. That is a funny story.

Of corse it is a funny story, I just don't believe in god or Bushes idea's.
And I said I was sorry

basswipe
11-15-2005, 09:30 PM
Both a Vet and and an atheist here.We are once again dying because "god"(allah) has told a bunch of whack-jobs its OK.

Religion(god) is responsible for all death and destruction on this planet.To deny that is simply foolish.

Remove the idea of god from peoples' minds and the world would truly be Peaceful for the first time.

Skip N
11-15-2005, 11:42 PM

I hate how people like you make anyone who believes in God out to be a radical religious freak...Get lost. Are you the same guy who is trying to get "under God" outta the pledge and "in God we trust" off money? Will you be one of the people who wants Xmas banned too? Your the real freak. Dude, Take a freakin Joke for whats its worth. it was funny!!

tattoobob
11-16-2005, 06:38 AM
Lighten up

MoroneSaxatilis
11-16-2005, 07:14 AM
We are once again dying because "god"(allah) has told a bunch of whack-jobs its OK.
Ummm.. no. People are dying because a bunch of whack-jobs CLAIM that god has told them it's ok.
Religion(god) is responsible for all death and destruction on this planet.
Ummm.. no. PEOPLE who use religious and political agendas are resposible for death and destruction.
Religion is MAN MADE.
I am neither Christian, nor Jewish, nor Muslim, nor of any other man made relgion. I have no religion, but I DO have a God.

Relgion is for people who are afraid of going to hell. God and spirituality are for people who have already been there.

Slingah
11-16-2005, 07:23 AM
Relgion is for people who are afraid of going to hell. God and spirituality are for people who have already been there.
one I have not heard......I like.....

Skip N
11-16-2005, 11:27 AM
Lighten up

When you make such stupid statments that are intended to get people pissed what kind of reaction do you expect? And how the hell did this get turned into a Bush thing!? You Bush and God haters just love to rip into either whenever you can.

spence
11-16-2005, 11:34 AM
You Bush and God haters just love to rip into either whenever you can.
I can think of many times I've thanked God for bush :devil2:

You really don't understand politics to you? :rotfl: :usd:

-spence

The Dad Fisherman
11-16-2005, 11:42 AM
You Bush and God haters just love to rip into either whenever you can.

What...You can't be one without being the other?

and by the way....Athiests don't "Hate" god...they just don't beleive in him.

Skip N
11-16-2005, 12:12 PM
"and by the way....Athiests don't "Hate" god...they just don't beleive in him"

Truthfully i really dont care what they believe. Thats thier belief and i should respect that. But what ticks me off is how so many of them try to tear down any mention of God in the US. Remove the mention of God from Buldings, Money, The Pledge and no Xmas. That is extreme in my opinion and is not what this country was founded on. They just flip out and call any church goer and Extremist and a nut. If your an Athiest thst fine and thats your belief...Just dont try and tear down this countrys tradition and history with God becuase you dont like it.

spence
11-16-2005, 12:15 PM
Skip, the number of people who really feel it's important to remove all references to God in our government is limited to a very small handfull of the population.

You're watching too much FOX News :doh:

-spence

MakoMike
11-16-2005, 12:33 PM
Religion(god) is responsible for all death and destruction on this planet.To deny that is simply foolish.

Remove the idea of god from peoples' minds and the world would truly be Peaceful for the first time.

If you really believe that you are the one being foolish. Stalin was an atheist and killed millions. The tutsis who carved up a million hutus didn't profess to be doin it in the name of any god. Neither the First or second world wars had any religious overtones, unless you count the fact that hitler killed thousands of people simply because they believed in "the one whose name cannot be spoken." But if you think that all "death and destruction" is religiously motivated you had better go back a re-read your history books.

Swimmer
11-16-2005, 12:56 PM
What about the crusades? Are you saying no one died in the named of someone else Gods wrath during those skirmishes? I wonder what would have happened in europe if Hitler wasn't killing every Jewish person he coud get his hands on. Maybe we would have let the war in Europe run its course and we could have just fought the heathens from across the Pacific. Would we have become involved at all?

Of course being a Jew is not just a religon its also a culture, heritage and since 1967 sinai war being a jew is someone who comes from Israel.

Many if not most of the people Stalin the athiest killed he did so because they did believe in a god and did belong to a religon, and were diametrically opposed to his beliefs, which would make thier deaths associated just a bit to religon.

Swimmer
11-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Godless, classless society............Stalin. :devil:

spence
11-16-2005, 01:03 PM
Many if not most of the people Stalin the athiest killed he did so because they did believe in a god and did belong to a religon, and were diametrically opposed to his beliefs, which would make thier deaths associated just a bit to religon.
I think this notion is legally, morally, ethically, spiritually, physically, positively, absolutely undeniably and reliably not true!

Sorry, the OZ was on last night :o

But seriously, Stalin was an athiest...but I don't believe history shows this was a driving force behind his bad behavior.

-spence

macojoe
11-16-2005, 01:19 PM
Gee, I just thought it was a funny story!! Never meant to start a RELIGIOUS WAR!!!

People get all worked up for nothing!! No wonder we are all screwed up!!

The Dad Fisherman
11-16-2005, 01:47 PM
The actual bottom line that war is started for is....Stuff (Money, Land, Oil, Chickens)

It doesn't matter what They just want your stuff. They conquer you and take your stuff.

In the crusades they conquer you and make you believe in Christ....so That way the Church can take all your stuff.

The revolutionary war we wanted to keep our stuff and the british wanted their stuff back.

World War II Hitler wanted everybody's stuff.

The civil war the south didn't want to free their stuff (slaves were property so technically they're stuff)

The trojan war someone wanted to get themselves a peice of someone else's Stuff.

It all boils down to either trying to keep your stuff or having someone else trying to take your stuff.

Its just that sometimes religion is a convenient excuse....

Skip N
11-16-2005, 02:12 PM
Skip, the number of people who really feel it's important to remove all references to God in our government is limited to a very small handfull of the population -spence

Yes thats true but they get alot of Publicity for doing it and sometimes get thier way. And most if not all are athiests. Well the ACLU also. But they suck too and are way outta the main stream. :bl:

chris L
11-16-2005, 02:55 PM
The actual bottom line that war is started for is....Stuff (Money, Land, Oil, Chickens)

It doesn't matter what They just want your stuff. They conquer you and take your stuff.

In the crusades they conquer you and make you believe in Christ....so That way the Church can take all your stuff.

The revolutionary war we wanted to keep our stuff and the british wanted their stuff back.

The civil war the south didn't want to free their stuff (slaves were property so technically they're stuff)

The trojan war someone wanted to get themselves a peice of someone else's Stuff.

It all boils down to either trying to keep your stuff or having someone else trying to take your stuff.

so george carlin is correct !

Im getting rid of some of my stuff to make room for someone elses stuff . I have room for some stuff just not enough room fo all the stuff .

MoroneSaxatilis
11-16-2005, 03:24 PM
Just for the record, I'm anti-bush.
I prefer a nicley trimmed landing strip at most.

:jump:

tattoobob
11-16-2005, 03:37 PM
Wow there is alot of assuming going on here and alot of you guys are putting words into my mouth. What you guys are assuming is just not true.

MoroneSaxatilis
11-16-2005, 03:39 PM
What about the crusades?.
Actually, the main goal of the crusades was to take back territory, and plunder riches. When the Crusaders got to a given city and attacked it, they killed everybody, including fellow Christians because those particular Christians had a stake in the land, gold, and other riches that the Crusaders were after.

So this means that they were killed in the name of NOT having a god, which would make this particular atheist just as guilty as people who supposedly kill in the name of some god. Does this mean that all atheists are bad?
And from what I understand, Stalin killed all those people because he viewed them as political subversives who wanted to turn Russia facist or capatalist and challenge his power.

The Dad Fisherman
11-16-2005, 04:29 PM
so george carlin is correct !

One of the Greatest Philosophers of our time.....

BigBo
11-16-2005, 04:41 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................winter is here at last. :doh: :sleeps:

basswipe
11-16-2005, 07:12 PM
Ummm.. no. People are dying because a bunch of whack-jobs CLAIM that god has told them it's ok.

Ummm.. no. PEOPLE who use religious and political agendas are resposible for death and destruction.
Religion is MAN MADE.
I am neither Christian, nor Jewish, nor Muslim, nor of any other man made relgion. I have no religion, but I DO have a God.

To address your first misguided statement.They don't claim god has told them its OK they BELIEVE god has told them its OK.

For your second misguided statement.You can't have an agenda without believing in at least something say like a "man made" religion.The religion comes about as a belief in some sort of deity.

You say have you no religion but you DO have a god.To me that sounds like covering your A$$ "just in case".Sex before marriage,getting drunk,seeing a women naked...you know the things the "major" religions prohibit are OK with you because you dont have religion but you DO have a god,no worries you're covered cuz you have a god.I'll bet you've broken a christian/jewish commandment or one of the muslim laws without guilt because you don't "have" a religion,but you have a god so you're "covered".

Give me a freakin break.I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday.

BTW remember I'm an atheist so throwing in the hell comment kinda proves you do have a belief in christianity.Oops.

basswipe
11-16-2005, 07:31 PM
I hate how people like you make anyone who believes in God out to be a radical religious freak...Get lost. Are you the same guy who is trying to get "under God" outta the pledge and "in God we trust" off money? Will you be one of the people who wants Xmas banned too? Your the real freak. Dude, Take a freakin Joke for whats its worth. it was funny!!

I don't believe anywhere in Bob's post that he called you a religious radical freak.

I can certainly say I don't care whether the words god are in anything I'm a freakin atheist.I love giving and getting gifts too so keep christmas around.WTF do I care if money says "In god we trust" on it I still need it to pay to the bills.

You call Bob a freak.Why?

The more I think about it the more I get pissed.Somehow my contribution as a vet is somehow less because I'm an atheist?

The original post isn't a "joke" as you put it.Its a troop motivator that has more than likely been around longer than you've been alive.It was NEVER meant to be funny.

basswipe
11-16-2005, 08:08 PM

The trojan war someone wanted to get themselves a piece of someone else's Stuff.

Religion was used as the "convenient excuse" in EVERY single instance above other than the American Civil War.It was fought over states' rights.Most southerners couldn't afford slaves never mind land.It became a religious issue after the Emancipation Proclamation was introduced.Most believed slavery was against gods' ideals.Simply put...enslaving your fellow man is just wrong it has nothing to do with religion its JUST WRONG.

War has never been about stuff.Its about imposing one's beliefs on another.

basswipe
11-16-2005, 08:28 PM
If you really believe that you are the one being foolish. Stalin was an atheist and killed millions. The tutsis who carved up a million hutus didn't profess to be doin it in the name of any god. Neither the First or second world wars had any religious overtones, unless you count the fact that hitler killed thousands of people simply because they believed in "the one whose name cannot be spoken." But if you think that all "death and destruction" is religiously motivated you had better go back a re-read your history books.

You don't get it!!!

Your entire statemwent explains it!!!Stalin killed millions BECAUSE of religion ...it was a threat!!!

Spend a little more time with the hutus and tutsi thing.THAT'S defenitly a religious thing.Both tribes believe in different gods that's why they kill one another.

My favorite is your Hitler statement.How shall I begin on this one.First Hitler
believed the Germans to be "god's chosen".The jews were not therefore they
should be exterminated.

I'm an atheist you CAN'T defend your religious beliefs to ME.

My suggestion to you would be not to re-read the history books but to read about the ACTUAL history.

Nebe
11-16-2005, 08:42 PM
The question is this- does god think that violence is the answer to all of lifes disputes?

basswipe
11-16-2005, 08:45 PM
"and by the way....Athiests don't "Hate" god...they just don't beleive in him"

Truthfully i really dont care what they believe. Thats thier belief and i should respect that. But what ticks me off is how so many of them try to tear down any mention of God in the US. Remove the mention of God from Buldings, Money, The Pledge and no Xmas. That is extreme in my opinion and is not what this country was founded on. They just flip out and call any church goer and Extremist and a nut. If your an Athiest thst fine and thats your belief...Just dont try and tear down this countrys tradition and history with God becuase you dont like it.

"The atheists".

I can taste the venom in your words already.You give atheists way to much credit.You don't even understand us.You spell it with a capital "A" because you can't help but help but look at atheism but as a "religion".You simply don't get it.

My belief is this:I'm born...I live...I die.The end.Interfere with the part between "born" and "die" I'll let you know.GET IT.

afterhours
11-16-2005, 08:46 PM
religion...... :hidin:

basswipe
11-16-2005, 08:52 PM
The morons who want to ban jesus,joseph and mary at christmas or people who want to fly planes into buildings are equally as stupid.

All I want to do is to do is live and die without people imposing god or religion on myself or this planet.Why?The end result is always negative.

Squid kids Dad
11-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Geez ..This seems like another thread gone wild...Lighten up guys....It was a good story...Freikin lighten up everyone...Relax...Dont take evryting so seriously... :eek5:

Nebe
11-16-2005, 08:56 PM
religion...... :hidin:

yup. i will bs about politics, but religion is taaaabooooo :bo:

basswipe
11-16-2005, 08:57 PM
Could you imagine a jehovas witness coming to my door right now.

When I was done he'd be having a beer and a shot.And on the phone looking for a hooker

NOW THAT's a joke.

spence
11-16-2005, 09:46 PM
Your entire statemwent explains it!!!Stalin killed millions BECAUSE of religion ...it was a threat!!!
Only if you're talking tax exempt status for the church :bl:

Seriously Wipe, I think you may be a little O2 depleted from catching all those schoolies this fall. Stalin's carnage was political and had little to nothing to do with religion.

-spence

basswipe
11-16-2005, 10:05 PM
Seriously Wipe, I think you may be a little O2 depleted from catching all those schoolies this fall. Stalin's carnage was political and had little to nothing to do with religion.

-spence

I would love for you to say that to my grandparents.Folks who are not of that generation and did not live there simply don't know.My grandparents suffered for one reason and one reason only and it had absolutely nothing to with Stalin's politics but more because of my grandparents religious beliefs.

spence
11-16-2005, 10:17 PM
I'm assuming because they were Jewish?

-spence

Squid kids Dad
11-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Am I missing something here ??? Boy did this take a turn... :eyes:

Nebe
11-16-2005, 11:54 PM

-spence

jewish liberals :lasso:

Skip N
11-17-2005, 12:36 AM
Basswipe is one pissed off atheist! Dude chill out just a little. i thought i was getting worked up on this topic but you are just going nuts. Nice to see you see some value in Christmas though...You use a Christian holiday when you can get free stuff. be a true atheist and dont celebrate xmas and dont recieve any gifts. And your buddy Bob's first post used the phrase "brain washed christians" or something like that. Clearly a statement made to piss off Christians.

Nebe
11-17-2005, 12:44 AM
:lurk:

MoroneSaxatilis
11-17-2005, 07:22 AM
You say have you no religion but you DO have a god.To me that sounds like covering your A$$ "just in case".Sex before marriage,getting drunk,seeing a women naked...you know the things the "major" religions prohibit are OK with you because you dont have religion but you DO have a god,no worries you're covered cuz you have a god.I'll bet you've broken a christian/jewish commandment or one of the muslim laws without guilt because you don't "have" a religion,but you have a god so you're "covered".
BTW remember I'm an atheist so throwing in the hell comment kinda proves you do have a belief in christianity.Oops.
Actually, I don't need to be covered for anything, because even though I DO have a god, I don't believe in an afterlife of any kind. I believe that when you're dead, it's over. I don't believe in "sin" or any other human concept associated with relgion. The god of MY understanding "covers" me NOW, while I'm alive and here. To me, god is simply some sort of force in the universe and has more to do with science than any man made, arbitrary religious rules. I call it god because it's a convienient word. It's amusing to me that you can be so narrow minded and that you think that everyone's beliefs simply MUST fit into some sort conventional pidgeonhole, and that it's impossible for individuals to come up with thier OWN ideas.
Even though I have a god, I also believe that any and all references to god should be removed from all govt instituions wether it be schools, currency, or what have you, unless they could find a way to show that said references don't refer to any particular god, and we all know differently. Everyone knows that the god referred to in these references is the Christian God, and I find that to be offensive.
As for my use of the word "hell", it was used metaphorically, as in; at times, "my life has been a living hell". Don't try to tell me that you've never said, "What the hell this, or what the hell that...".
Uhh ohh.. you said hell! You really AREN'T an atheist after all!

The Dad Fisherman
11-17-2005, 08:52 AM
War has never been about stuff.Its about imposing one's beliefs on another.

Got to disagree with you on that one...War is ALWAYS about stuff, whether it be Money, Land, or other economically valuable items. Which all pretty much equal money.

When Hitler marched into France it wasn't to exterminate the Jews or force his religious views....it was to take France over...period

In the civil war I'm sure it wasn't the poor southerners that were financing the soldiers weapons, food, and clothes. A lot of "donations" came in from the wealthy slave owners that were afraid of losing their 'Free Labor" and their wealth when it happened.

And Eben's right....never argue religion. The only way to PROVE your right is to "Walk into the Light". I'm not ready to prove anything yet :D

basswipe
11-20-2005, 11:25 AM
Nice to see you see some value in Christmas though...You use a Christian holiday when you can get free stuff. be a true atheist and dont celebrate xmas and dont recieve any gifts.

ABSLOTULEY!

If they be offerin' free stuff I be takin'!That doesn't mean I celebrate xmas it just means I take ADVANTAGE of it.Its like taking Columbus day off,the 1st humans stepped foot in North America over 17,000 yrs ago yet the reason for holiday is meaningless.Why buy a car on certain holidays?Why..cuz the deals are good and you're taking ADVANTAGE of those deals.Simple.

And btw my girlfriend is a christian and since we are madly in love and this is America I participate because she asks it.A reason to consume beer and good food and get free goodies because of someone's b-day whos' very exsistance is questionable...you bet.

basswipe
11-20-2005, 11:33 AM

-spence

Nah.Christians living in a society(Soviet that is) where any beliefs were a threat
so they left.Ended up in beautiful Beirut Lebanon until the Syrians(muslims) and the Israelis(jews) invaded and laid waste to entire country over religious views.

basswipe
11-20-2005, 11:34 AM
Got to disagree with you on that one...War is ALWAYS about stuff, whether it be Money, Land, or other economically valuable items. Which all pretty much equal money.

When Hitler marched into France it wasn't to exterminate the Jews or force his religious views....it was to take France over...period

In the civil war I'm sure it wasn't the poor southerners that were financing the soldiers weapons, food, and clothes. A lot of "donations" came in from the wealthy slave owners that were afraid of losing their 'Free Labor" and their wealth when it happened.

And Eben's right....never argue religion. The only way to PROVE your right is to "Walk into the Light". I'm not ready to prove anything yet :D

Not even gonna bother.

basswipe
11-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Anyways..............its all about the almighty Striper!

rhodyflyguy
11-20-2005, 02:59 PM
faith is nice for me because it gives hope of something after death. if you can live everyday under the belief that you will slip into an abyss and are ok with that, more power to you.

Pete_G
11-20-2005, 04:18 PM
Hmm, never saw this thread before. It would take me all night to compose a proper response though so I'm not going to bother. But it's seriously tempting... :devil:

Swimmer
11-20-2005, 05:13 PM
To whomever...
No I don't think athieist are any better or worse than me. I treat everybody the same. Couldn't give a rats arse whether you go to church or not. As far as the rest of my post about the crusades and Stalin I'll stand by what I said, but thier is much more to what I have to say in regard to whether an established religon or lack of plays any part in people dying in war or did religon start a war.
While greed, egomaniacal behavior and many assorted personality disorders have started many more conflagrations than any religon I firmly believe that as a means to an end religon was used and is currently used to enflame the unintelligent and downtrodden members or certain societies to keep them fighting and in the fold. Certainly in Iraq with al-zaquari (?) and with bin ladin wherever he is religon is only a means to an end. It is the best network of non-personel communication these tyrants have. None of these tyrants need to speak with any of thier undelrings other than an occasional message to them on Al-Jazeera or the local mosque to keep them fighting. However, I am sure that they do chat each other up. I am referring to the poor and mislead people that to them just belonging to the fringe of any terrorist group is the closest thing to a real family they have.
Go to church or don't go to church. Have a god or don't have a god. As long as you find peace everyday in what you do. Priceless......

The Dad Fisherman
11-20-2005, 05:40 PM
Not even gonna bother.

Then Why did you even bother typing anything at all.... :doh:

basswipe
11-21-2005, 07:44 PM
Then Why did you even bother typing anything at all.... :doh:

Just to get THAT response.

Its always about the last word with religious folks.

C'mon take the bait.......you know you want to.

Goose
11-21-2005, 08:38 PM
Is it winter?

There are some lonely people on this site who just wanna get off talkin bout something they have not a clue about.

Squid kids Dad
11-21-2005, 09:31 PM
Here is a big L....

JohnR
11-21-2005, 09:33 PM
Also - please keep in mind that a conversation over the 'puter usually does not transpire as it would over a beer...

The Dad Fisherman
11-22-2005, 08:34 AM
Its always about the last word with religious folks.

C'mon take the bait.......you know you want to.

:huh: yeah....but I'm not one of the guys taking the religious point of view in this thread.

Besides, When me and the wife fight I ALWAYS get the last word......"Yes, Dear" :D

NaCl H2O
11-22-2005, 09:38 AM
Both a Vet and and an atheist here.We are once again dying because "god"(allah) has told a bunch of whack-jobs its OK.

How can something that doesn't exist be responsible for anything? hmmmm?