View Full Version : I Love NEW stuff!!!......

bloocrab
03-04-2002, 08:47 PM
...I came across something new tonight!!!....

....It's new to me anyway....;)

.....Has anyone ever seen or used these "BadBoys" before......

...I'll hold off on the name, until I get some replys.....:D...yeah, I'm like that!!;)

.....I'll give ya a little information on them though....

..The larger one pictured below is 6" long. Its Halographic (with FlashFoil in the shad body)...which is really cool (lifelike too!!)...the tail is "Salt Impregnated..:eek:??

..It has an internal lead head..(looks to be about 1 1/4 oz.) ..which is connected to the hook!!:)..a Rapala VMC hook. It also has the "wild eye"...the eye wobbles in its cavity. I picked up a package of each...."THE GOLDEN MULLET"....pictured below...and the "BUNKER", which isn't all that different.

....SURPRISE MR. STRIPER!!!....:D

bloocrab
03-04-2002, 08:55 PM
.....Just to give you an idea of how the "Lead Head" is placed/molded...

....thats what I mean when I say...that its connected to the hook..it actually over laps the hook a little.....(which I think is pretty kool:))...

bloocrab
03-04-2002, 09:00 PM
Ok.....and for you "lightweights" out there....:D

they also came in this form....;)

..these have a "pearl" color to them.....and share the same characteristics, as their Mother.....:laughs:

...except of course, a smaller "LeadHead"...

....did I say lightweights???...so what am I doin buying em' ???....:D.....:D...CUZ THESE SUCKAS ARE GONNA WORK!!!...:happy: :D

Slipknot
03-04-2002, 09:26 PM
Gimme that fish magnet now :D

those should be illeagal
better than live bait almost.

Reeldream
03-04-2002, 09:40 PM
Bloo, those shad have some really WILDEYE'S, once the word gets out on them a STORM will brew for sure :)

Kevin

mikecc
03-04-2002, 10:01 PM
they are just the right sizes and priced right:p

Goose
03-04-2002, 10:03 PM
Just picked up the same color shad at M&D's last week!!! I felt like I hit the lottery....lol.... Love the eyes on those babys.....

bloocrab
03-04-2002, 10:14 PM
..."priced right".....thats an understatement!!!.....WOW!!!:eek:

....those boys will be sellin fast!!!.....so does that mean you got them at the shop Mike??...

....:D......wish I woulda known.....:(

mikecc
03-04-2002, 10:21 PM
right now 2 sizes and 5 flavors & more to come:happy:

bloocrab
03-04-2002, 10:30 PM
AWESOME!!!!!! :D:D

.....who ever wants to know where to get these gems.....

..the secrets out!!!!......M & D's !!!....;)

.......now I don't have to let the secret out, you can just go and see Mike :D...

Fish_Eye
03-05-2002, 05:33 AM
bloo,

I have little doubt that these will be killer plastics. The salt content in the tail might make for a little bit more hold time when a critter bites into them. Based on the position of the ring for tying, it should be great for deep drifting for fluke and sea bass. Nice find!

The pearl ones should be killer during the September mullet run.

Storm also has a new squid jig that sounds good.

Here's an excerpt from the press release:

STORM LURES EXPLODES WITH SOFT PLASTIC LURES
Five new series of soft plastic lures to hit stores in 2002

Wildeye (Saltwater and Freshwater)
Three saltwater and three freshwater versions make up Storm’s Wildeye series of soft plastic lures, all developed with crazy3-D prism eyes.

For saltwater use, the Paddletail Minnow comes in two sizes (5 and 6 inches), both with an internal lead head with soft body surrounding. The Paddletail Minnow features natural-looking patterns enhanced with a holographic swimming image foil. Hand-poured, with bio salt impregnated tail, the Paddletail Minnow comes in six patterns (Mullet, Pinfish, Croaker, Sardine, Redhead and Golden Mullet).

Also for saltwater is the Hair Squid, coming in four sizes (1/2 oz., 3/8 oz., 3/4 oz., 1 oz.) and six patterns (Red/White, Green/Yellow, Blue/White, Yellow/White, Pink/White, and White/White). Hand-poured with a 3-D prism eye in the rear, it also has a combination of hair and milar, with an internal lead head with a soft body surrounding.
All of Storm’s saltwater lures come with VMC stainless steel hooks.

GBOUTDOORS
03-05-2002, 07:03 AM
If the fish like them half as much as the fishermen we will have to get a bigger boat!:D Saw them at M+Ds last week but did not get them thinking I still had time but now that the word is out looks like its a trip to Mikes this weekend!:happy:

JohnR
03-05-2002, 08:40 AM
They look very sweet - up close & while fishing, FW & BC were experimenting with them last year...

Reeldream - welcome to S-B!!

Krispy
03-05-2002, 09:44 AM
I bought a couple bags of em last week, they're real nice looking:D

Fisherwoman
03-05-2002, 11:37 AM
All I can say is don't delay on gettin them guy's, they work really, really good. Some of the vendors coming to the show will have them too!!! So hit M & D's and stock up now before there all gone!!!

schoolie monster
03-05-2002, 04:12 PM
Yeah, those look good. I thought I had a secret weapon when I got a few from BPS... they also have a jerkbait that looks pretty sweet. Its also a wildeye something or other.

I had a feeling fisherwoman would see those and give 'em a shot. You're basically removing the part of the "shad" that makes 'em look unnatural... the lead head. That pearl and the bunker look yummy.