View Full Version : Berkley Gulp Baits

Casper
11-16-2005, 04:04 PM
Hi All,

I know that everyone fishing with either wood or real bait, but has anyone tried the new Berkley Gulp Baits products?? Just wondering if anyone has have any luck with any of them?

tattoobob
11-16-2005, 05:12 PM
I tried the sea worms and never had luck with them

Clammer
11-16-2005, 05:13 PM
NOPE

scoobe
11-16-2005, 10:08 PM
Bob remember we used the sea worms at PI and did ok with them.

I heard lots of guys are doin good with the sea worms... even used them on their tube n worms when the real thing got scarce.

Mr. Sandman
11-17-2005, 08:55 AM
I got a load of them to test out from my friendly tackle shop owner who got them from the berkley rep. I only used a few and have a lot left. I think they are wonderful idea though. No plastic and a powerfull scent. I will not draw conclusion on how effect they are until next year though. I need to use them more.

I wanted to try the crab when I went tog fishing but there are so many real green crabs around that I was not hurting for bait (and I forgot to bring the GULP! bait with me) The package says they have 400X the small of the real thing, I want to see if there was a difference.

I heard the shrimp works well on seabass if you use it as a teaser set up. Although I have not tried it myself (yet).

But so far I think it is a good product and one that environmently friendly.

Technically it is a federal crime to toss plastic in the water, and over 1 billion plastic fishing bodies are made each year....they are ending up someplace.

striperman36
11-17-2005, 09:22 AM
Fluke and seabass eat the insanely!!!

Casper
11-17-2005, 03:32 PM
Thanks everyone for your input! Have ordered some for next year use also.

MrHunters
04-25-2007, 08:33 PM
im curious how the scent works and how long it lasts. i can't imagine its better than the real thing.
eels are to sluggos as bloodworms are to gulp bait?

is the jury still out on this one? i'll probably give em a try this year. i keep seeing them advertised so it must work right?? :)

http://www.berkley-fishing.com/dimg/PURGEBW-BLI.jpg

Finaddict
04-25-2007, 08:51 PM
The Berkley 10-inch sandworms work well as teasers ... a friend of mine uses them as a dropper when fishing eels at times and said he's had great results ... but boy do the stink, make sure you keep them closed up well ...

mikecc
04-25-2007, 09:11 PM
There is a new 10" Gulp Eel & 10 Sand Worm that look great.
Sorry Brekley says not available till June.:hidin:
I got Samples of the eel in today

Smokey14
04-26-2007, 05:50 AM
I've tried a few different gulp baits with limited success. then again by the time I get around to experimenting with new things it's because nothing else was working so it's an unfair test.
I always say I'm gona try something new but then I do so well with my old stuff I never even open the new package. I guess that's why I have 4 tackle boxes full of stuff and only about 1/3 of it has ever gotten wet. I'm sure I'm the only guy here with that problem.

MrHunters
04-26-2007, 06:04 AM
I've tried a few different gulp baits with limited success. then again by the time I get around to experimenting with new things it's because nothing else was working so it's an unfair test.
I always say I'm gona try something new but then I do so well with my old stuff I never even open the new package. I guess that's why I have 4 tackle boxes full of stuff and only about 1/3 of it has ever gotten wet. I'm sure I'm the only guy here with that problem.

that doesnt sound like a problem... or at least it is a good problem :jester:

patpatriot
04-26-2007, 01:26 PM
i fished for scup with live worms and the gulp bait, the artificial didnt get tapped, i think the imitation live bait should be a last resort

JFigliuolo
04-26-2007, 01:33 PM
i fished for scup with live worms and the gulp bait, the artificial didnt get tapped, i think the imitation live bait should be a last resort

I'd guess like any other artificial... If you're dead stickin it, your screwed.

EricM
04-27-2007, 05:19 PM
Interesting thread, I find myself continually looking at the Gulp website and also was circling around the Berkley display at a tackle store earlier this year, but somehow wasn't biting on it. Dunno why, makes good logical sense that it would be a good product. Science appears to be sound. Anyway, maybe next year...

RhinoScores
04-27-2007, 10:40 PM
I have used many of the gulp products. Some of them are good and others not as good. I don't like the worms at all. The swimming minnows are great, I've caught stripers on bucktails tipped with them, I got many weakies in a 3/8 jighead w/minnows, and plenty of flounder also. I tried the new sand ells at the end of last season - as a teaser - and had specks suck them right up. I have never got anything on the gulp clam or herring. The shrimp have done well on weakies and redfish (when I was in florida). I bought the 10" eels, but only fished one night with them so far.