View Full Version : MV Jail

vineyardblues
11-18-2005, 07:42 AM
BOSTON -- A member of the Saudi royal family learned Thursday where he will serve a prison sentence for running down a man while driving under the influence.

NewsCenter 5's Jack Harper reported Bader Al-Saud, 23, pleaded guilty to running down and killing Orlando Ramos, of Cambridge, Mass, in 2002 while driving under the influence.

Al-Saud pleaded guilty after being assured he would serve one year at the jail of his choice.

Guess what Jail he picked ?

Al-Saud will serve his year at the Dukes County jail in Edgartown on Martha's Vineyard

What a joke :devil:

I say we all go see him in jail and ask him how he is doing! :yak5:

VB

Mr. Sandman
11-18-2005, 08:13 AM
That is indeed funny. The jail is pretty lame. It is next to the mobil and foodmart in Edgartown. Looks like a small one story office of somekind. Every now and again you read about someone breaking out but they are usually have no place to go and get caught in a couple hours. I thought they just use that jail to dry out some of the extreme party goers during the summer and detain some of the drug users but someone told me they have a few guys in there doing some longer time.

It is a stupid place to put anyone for any lenght of time. There is a good chance we will see this guy on the side of the road doing some labor. Should be easy to pick out. I can run him over in my SUV is you like... :ss:

vineyardblues
11-18-2005, 08:21 AM
I can see him counting plovers ,,,then you can run him over :buds:

Gee, does Dave Ryans deliver ? lol
VB

JHABS
11-18-2005, 09:00 AM
Think he will do any Bass fishing, What a Joke............... :rocketem:

Uncle Matt
11-18-2005, 09:11 AM
Everybody knows there is no justice in the justice system.

fishsmith
11-18-2005, 10:42 AM
There are two judical systems one for the rich and one for the rest of the population.

Swimmer
11-18-2005, 12:15 PM
Vineyard Blues
Sandman

He'll probably start buying up the gas stations and small variety stores on the island. ha! ha! ha! The Kelly House will be overrun with his entourage. Maybe Porky Francis will get some charters out of them.
Actually I know one of the fellows who works there, although I rarely ever see him(no he is not one of the two guards that are currently charge with crimes). I know from time to time that people who need protective custody are housed in Edgartown, that are held in other facilities.

Everybody is squaking but rarely do others get any more jail time than Al-Saud did, because as we all know most judges in Massachusetts are the best defense attorneys criminals don't have to hire. Some people actually get probation for that charge. In my town I have seen two pedestrians run down and the courts refuse to issue any charges. Said it was O.K. they didn't see them walking.

MakoMike
11-18-2005, 12:28 PM
Ted Kennedy recommended the place. :laugha:

Mike P
11-18-2005, 03:04 PM
Here's a pretty funny story about the Dukes County House of Corrections, which as Mr. Sandman says, is located in a big Victorian house next to Depot Corners Mobil.

A few years ago one of the MV papers had a story about the jail having only 6 cells. At the time, there were 7 inmates either doing time (you can do up to 2 years at a county jail in Mass) or awaiting trial, and none of the cells were equipped to handle more than one inmate. The solution the Sheriff dept reached? Each of the 7 would be furloughed and allowed to go home one night a week. They had to check back in the next morning. As far as I know, it was working out, altho I suspect most checked back in with a massive hangover. "Prison Overcrowding Crisis Hits Home" or something like that ran the headline.

The PC guys usually spend the night in the local lockups in Oak Bluffs or Edgartown, at the police stations. OB and Edgartown are the only "wet" towns on the Island and the overwhelming number of guys picked up for PC are drunks staggering home on foot from the bars.

You see the guys in the county jail out on the roads raking leaves and picking up garbage. I don't know that it's true, but I was also told by a native that come the bay scallop season, they have work details helping the local scallopers dig in the pond.

Raven
11-18-2005, 04:24 PM
but the saudi's just bought.... Martha's vineyard!

tough titties....... for everyone there
because bush so loves to hold their hand....
he's more bad than the one glove man
it's only a matter of buying their brand
he's just like the no-where man...

mini song... LOL :uhuh:

Swimmer
11-18-2005, 05:08 PM
Raven you and rappin mikey should co produce something on that.

likwid
11-19-2005, 11:09 AM
I'm sure bush will end up letting him off.

After all, the saudis and the bushes are best of friends.