View Full Version : Great trip with Capt Dave Waldrip on the Relentless

Cod Hunter
11-29-2005, 01:44 PM
Had a great Cod trip with Captain Dave Waldrip on Relentless on Sunday. Our group of 5 ended up with 22 Cod and 1 Pollock ranging from around 10 pounds up to 40! It was a nice calm and cool day on the water with a great Captain and mate. We also saw the "On the Hook" team out there as well. Thanks Dave and Kurt. We had a great day.

JohnR
11-29-2005, 02:14 PM
sweet...

fishing bum wannabe
11-29-2005, 05:38 PM
I was out floating around with you getting in the way of the Relentless. I caught a couple and hung 1 that I had on for 5 minutes but couldn't move it more than 10' off the bottom. It might have been snagged (but I have been using single hooks to limit snagging). It gets a little intimidating when you are on an 18' center console and all these 30+ foot charters move up next to you. Beautiful weather, and close enough to other boats for conversations some of the time. I met one of my neighbors form in town out there as well as some nice folks from the North Shore and CT. Not often that you fish out of a boat within normal conversation range of other boats. To say the least a unique experience. Fish were nice size as well.

ScottM
11-29-2005, 07:58 PM
Cod Hunter,
I happen to be friends with Ken P. He asked me if I wanted to join you guys, but I turned down the invite to winterize my boat. Needless to say, I'm kicking myself knowing what type of day you guys had.:wall:

Nice work out there. You couldn't ask for better weather in late November.

Cod Hunter
11-30-2005, 09:50 AM
Sorry you missed the trip Scott M. We had a good time. Dave is really a great Captain and works hard foe his customers. Hopefully next time you can join us.

RIROCKHOUND
11-30-2005, 10:50 AM
Amem!

JohnR
12-01-2005, 02:37 PM
Well put Dave. Thanks. I've learned my lesson here I guess. A happy report about a great, LEGAL trip shared with my Dad and friends is just not what this place is all about and that's too bad.

No, it is what this place is about - as well as discussing fisheries issues, which happens a lot, and doing something about those issues which sadly does not happen enough.... This is the online version that would have happened if all of you were sitting down having a java or liquid hops and kabitzing in a conversation....

My quick fix to this is to split the thread into one for the trip and the other for cod management debate... I think that is the equitable way to handle this - anyway Cod Hunter - sounds like a great trip...

Thanks,

John

RIROCKHOUND
12-01-2005, 03:11 PM
Sorry John et al.;
I think I started all that BS....

Cod Hunter
12-01-2005, 03:55 PM
We did John, thanks.