View Full Version : Poaching

MotoXcowboy
12-05-2005, 09:39 AM
Seems like alot of poaching went on this year (alot of guys got caught this year and some are still being caught). Seems like at least once or twice a month this season, I get an email about a boat or two being caught in the act moving several hundred to several thousand pounds of illegal bass.

I am really wondering if all these bass illegally taken are accounted for in the total amount/pounds of bass taken for year. As far as quotas ect..Is there even a way to approximate the total losses due to all these F###### poachers?

Hey, whats that number to report violators? It might as well be up here IN BOLD and a part of this thread.

I've seriously given some thought about getting a job with DEM to help bust poachers and other illegal ish.. Anyone have any info they can pass on to help me get a foot in the door or lead me in the right direction? I am a former Marine so I should have the credentials, although I probably need some sort of enviromental schooling.

Poachers make me sick..:yak:

MotoXcowboy
12-05-2005, 10:12 AM
I've got an idea..lets call this the

"Thread of Shame"

:hang:

Striped Bass Catch Results In Two Arrests

Published on 12/5/2005

Hartford— Two Connecticut men, who environmental authorities say caught more than the legal limit of striped bass and then tried to sell them, were arrested Sunday on a variety of charges.

John Zacks, 78, of East Haven and Benjamin Rapuano, 51, of New Haven were charged with conspiracy to sell striped bass, 29 counts of possession of striped bass over the limit, commercial fishing without a license and other charges.

According to the state Department of Environmental Protection Web site, the daily limit for recreational anglers is two striped bass per person.

The arrest capped an investigation that began Aug. 16 when Zacks and Rapuano and an unidentified third person allegedly caught more than 800 pounds of striped bass off the coast of Clinton and transported the fish to a seafood dealer in New Bedford, Mass. Massachusetts officers arrested Zacks and Rapuano at the seafood dealer.

:behead:

Nebe
12-05-2005, 10:32 AM
if you see someone taking short bass, taking more than 2 fish, or see someone who is driving around with 6 bass in their cooler :hihi: call 401-222-3070.

fishaholic18
12-05-2005, 10:55 AM
if you see someone taking short bass, taking more than 2 fish, or see someone who is driving around with 6 bass in their cooler :hihi: call 401-222-3070.
:rolleyes:

ThrowingTimber
12-05-2005, 11:24 AM
:lurk:

ThrowingTimber
12-05-2005, 06:01 PM
You can look for a job right on their website. It'd be cool to have a dem cop that fishes :bgi: Good luck bro!

fishaholic18
12-05-2005, 06:34 PM
You can look for a job right on their website. It'd be cool to have a dem cop that fishes :bgi: Good luck bro!
:think:

Joe
12-06-2005, 08:37 AM
If you want to be a squirrel cop in RI - then you'd better be wired in politically. Being qualified professionally and passionate about the outdoors and the protection of our resources are not among the prerequisites.

MotoXcowboy
12-06-2005, 11:29 AM
Yea Vic, Id be the coolest DEM cop. Like the movie Super Troopers...:uhuh:

- Do you know why we really pulled you over?
- Fishing and ..fishing and ?
- Fishing and..
- Fishing and.. Fishing and.. smokin the reefer!..now we're gonna make you boys smoke this whole bag right now! :laugha:

Yeah Joe, I know...It was more or less of a rant anyway. I image it would be a nice job though cruising the shore & woods for a living. But, yer right in this state you need connections to get jobs like that..I know one guy who is paid a very nice salary by DEM to set the fish traps we all love. I want his job...But if they ever saw my face (under the motorcycle helmet) they would never hire me! Ive been chased outta the desert & woods atleast 10 times, this year alone by those guys. I know I am way up there on the RI DEM hit list for dirtbiking in RI hot spots.:rollem:
They cant catch me.....:rude: :bo: :hihi:

But back to my real reason I started this thread...

Does anyone know if all these bass that are illegally taken are accounted for in the total amount/pounds of bass taken for year. As far as quotas ect..There cant possibly be a way to approximate the total losses due to all the bass poaching.

The guys who take shorts & or illegally sell thousands of pounds commercially are the Striped Bass Evil Do-ers.. :af: