View Full Version : airbrush splatter

outnumbered
12-06-2005, 03:48 PM
How do I keep my airbrush from splattering? Other than to keep wiping the tip which seems like I have to do every 30 seconds what else could I be doing? I have a double action Badger 150. Thanks guys you haven't let me down yet.

Bernzy
12-06-2005, 04:06 PM
2 possible reasons.

1. Your paint is too thin.
2. Your nozzle is cracked (remove the needle from the brush, then remove the nozzle and clean, then with a magnifying glass, look closely a the tip of the nozzle.

Bernzy

BigFish
12-06-2005, 04:40 PM
You pushing down the lever and then pulling back or are you just pulling it back?:huh:

outnumbered
12-06-2005, 06:22 PM
I'm pushing down then back. Running the compressor at just under 30 PSI.

eastendlu
12-07-2005, 08:15 AM
How long is the hose from the compressor to your airbrush because the pressure drops over distance ,i forget the fomula but i would up the pressure up a little and try and see if that improves the splatter and it easy enough to do as a first step at diagnosing the problem.

Tagger
12-07-2005, 09:21 AM
I get spatter when the brush gets dirty.. pull needle out and clean it with a pencil eraser..Clean inside of nozzle assembly with a toothpick .. Careful if you never took it apart before.. The trigger and the little piece that backs it up will fall out when you slide the needle out . Take a good look at it before you start so you get everything back the right way and don't loose anything. put some white paper towels out and do it over that so if anything falls it don't bounce on the floor .You can never drop the brush and bend the needle either.. Good news is parts are readily available for badger..

outnumbered
12-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Thanks to all I tried all of the above and it worked. Not sure which one but figured it was better to try all.