View Full Version : sox trade renteria to braves

Surfcastinglife
12-08-2005, 12:23 PM
traded for 3B prospect andy marte. now they're supposed to flip marte to the devil rays for julio lugo? i dunno about this i think they all suck? :D

Skip N
12-08-2005, 12:51 PM
See ya Edgar! Sox fans wont miss him that much...he was a huge bust as a Red Sox last year and i'm glad he's moving on. We dont need another 30+ error season and i cant watch him hit anyomore weak ground balls to short. Its gonna be a whole new team this season.

He'll prob have a great year in Atlanta though. I can see it coming.

Maybe Dustin Pedroia can switch back to his natural SS position? Now that Hanley is gone too it kinda makes sense right? I meen this kid is supposed to be the real deal. better than signing another washed up journyman SS like they prob will.

I dont know if i like how this team is forming this year just yet.

The Dad Fisherman
12-08-2005, 01:16 PM
They traded Mirabelli also...

MoroneSaxatilis
12-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Rent-an-error became Rent-a-ribby for a short time in.. what was it... late August, early September? Other than that, his season with the Sox was only remarkable for the fact that he led the majors with 30 goofs. Is anyone aware that he had over 172 hits , scored 100 runs, and drove in 70? He DID, however, strike out 100 times as well. I, for one, won't miss him.

Bigcat
12-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Great, never did like him, he just don't have what it takes to play in Boston.
Now I would love to see them move Trott Nixion he flat out SUCKS.:walk:

afterhours
12-08-2005, 04:36 PM
only starters from the team that won 95 games three years runnin' will be tec and ortiz. ps. just heard gammons say that theo was still involved with sox????

tobias
12-09-2005, 06:33 AM
We got a hole at shortstop and I just heard Miguel Tejada wants out of Baltimore. Would love to see Tejada play short for the Sox!

fishsmith
12-09-2005, 08:22 AM
2.Tejada
3. Ortiz
4. Ramirez

:musc:

afterhours
12-09-2005, 08:31 AM
mannys gone no matter what we hear. his pregnant wife says she's gone with half of everything if he comes back here. seems he may have been keeping a mistress in boston, real smart manny....:doh:

fishsmith
12-09-2005, 09:34 AM
keeping a mistress in boston
I hate to break the news to Mrs. Ramirez but I think Manny can find a mi$tre$$ in any city he wants.

He's been rumored gone since he got here, I hope they stay rumors and we get another great season out of him.

vineyardblues
12-09-2005, 09:55 AM
Who ever thinks the Sox should trade Trot Nixon has not watched 2 many redsox games. Trot is da man!

VB

Bigcat
12-09-2005, 01:05 PM
Who ever thinks the Sox should trade Trot Nixon has not watched 2 many redsox games. Trot is da man!

VB
Just look at the numbers. As far as watching, Well you have to know what you are watching:hidin:

The Dad Fisherman
12-09-2005, 01:43 PM
I like Nixon....I think he plays hard and is a solid Right Fielder. I mean the guy has a total of 28 errors in the past nine years combined. The only knock on him is that He does get bit by the injury bug a lot though.

You can't have everyone on the team batting .300 w/ 40+ homeruns. I mean w/ the Monsterous payroll the yankees carried. they only had 3 guys hitting over .300.

vineyardblues
12-09-2005, 01:59 PM
I was going to post his Numbers :)
Check them out fer ye self

last 3 years 256 ,306 and 315 not bad

Uncle Matt
12-09-2005, 03:25 PM
VB you can't be serious? Sober up and check out his stints on the injured list. You could tell he wasn't himself last year. I say send him packing.

Stick to collecting old lures Peter. And stop sniping me!

ProfessorM
12-09-2005, 04:54 PM
Peter is in love with Trot. His best years are behind him bud. From what I have heard 10 years from now we will be saying the trade to the Braves for the kid at 3rd was a steal. He does have some power though. Potential means time. I can't see how they could afford Manny and Miguel both. Would be nice but doubt it will happen. Whole new team next year.

vineyardblues
12-11-2005, 08:51 AM
Man I love Trot,
I hope he proves you wrong next year.Dirt dog all the way!

Tryed getting tickets yesterday ,,,3 hrs zero tickets.

Anyone here got an inside for tickets :bl:

VB

MoroneSaxatilis
12-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Tryed getting tickets yesterday ,,,3 hrs zero tickets.
I'm already a 10th Man Plan holder and yesterday I picked up 3 Sox Pax (Amazin' Pack, Saturday Speacial Pack, and Pat's Day Pack) and 4 single game tix for the D-Rays on my B-Day (4/18). I got 2 tix in each of the Pax. One is in Sect 32 (no alcohol section.. I don't drink) and 2 are infield GS. I used 2 machines, got into the virtual waiting room at 8:30 AM, and didn't get the first Pack until noon. Got the second one about an hour or so after that, and the last just before they shut down just before 5 or so (they resumed selling at 6:00PM but by then it seems like most if not all Packs were sold out although they haven't listed them as so yet). I shut down both machines around 10 PM.

vineyardblues
12-12-2005, 08:47 AM
lucky bastage...
to freakin long on th eputer for me