View Full Version : PETA - FISHING: THE CRUELEST FORM OF HUNTING

reebok
12-11-2005, 11:16 PM
Check out their web site... they are here...

Billboards: Fishing: The cruelest form of hunting
Amnesty: Turn in your tackle!
Scientists: Fishing HURTS!
Boy Scouts: DeMerit Fishing!
Fishing: What's wrong with it?

reebok
12-11-2005, 11:17 PM
More

reebok
12-11-2005, 11:18 PM
And finally... read the fine print on this one.

MotoXcowboy
12-12-2005, 02:18 PM
those are cute.. :hihi:

Swimmer
12-12-2005, 07:01 PM
The following are a list of sports sanctioned by the governing body of PETA:

:bgi:

MoroneSaxatilis
12-12-2005, 07:40 PM
The following are a list of sports sanctioned by the governing body of PETA:
They used to support lawn darts until they realized that it's possibly harmfull to worms and grubs.
And you can FORGET badminton. Wackin' a BIRDY????

:laughs:

BasicPatrick
12-12-2005, 08:36 PM
sinful fact is that PETA gets al the
Press and is really not that effective...while other ENGO's just keep on attacking our sport, quite effectively....

The tragedy is that a thread like this gets more response and discussion than a thread about a real threat...nothing against this thread of those participating...just an observation...

This is why we lose

MoroneSaxatilis
12-12-2005, 09:04 PM
sinful fact is that PETA gets al the
Press and is really not that effective...while other ENGO's just keep on attacking our sport, quite effectively....

The tragedy is that a thread like this gets more response and discussion than a thread about a real threat...nothing against this thread of those participating...just an observation...

This is why we lose
I called 8 of the state sens & reps in the list today reguarding S529 and voiced my opposition.

This thread is just for fun.

BasicPatrick
12-14-2005, 12:24 AM
Paynot attention to me Morone Sax....

I am talking to lying politicians half the day and relayihng info the other half for three days now....oh yeah, ruining my business by standing on a jobsite with cell in ear and not getting anything done....while my broke down truck sits in RI waiting for me to order the tow from one tow yard to another....just a bit stressed right now...no offense meant:wall:

thanks for the calls

chris L
12-14-2005, 08:48 AM
JESUS WAS A FISHERMAN AND SO AM I . but that is where my comparison ends . Oh and we go to the same barber .

MoroneSaxatilis
12-14-2005, 08:55 AM
None taken. :)
And thanx to you and the rest of the guys for all of your hard work and tireless efforts.
I think the problem with many recreational fisherman like myself is, that we are completely unaware that there are forces at work trying their hardest to curtail and/or shutdown recreational fishing. I myself would never have known about about S529 if I hadn't recently found/joined this board and taken the time to read yours and others' important post reguarding these matters.
As an offshore commercial scallop fisherman by trade, I'm all too painfully aware of the efforts of groups like Oceana and The Conservation Law Foundation to completely shut down all commercial fishing, but never stopped to think that they might be doing the same for recreational fishing.
Making a few calls like I did pales in comparison to all the legwork that you guys have done, but I'm glad to help in any way I can.
Once again, kudos to you, MSBA et al for your hard work.
:claps: :kewl: