View Full Version : Battery Resurrection , does it work?

Mr. Sandman
12-13-2005, 01:02 PM
I've got some 12 volt DeWalt batteres that go to my handheld drill and they will not hold a charge anymore. When looking to replace them I found several websites that claim they can be brought back to life. Have any of you every tried this? If so how?

UserRemoved1
12-13-2005, 04:21 PM
that is bs hype Jim, usually several things happen. You burn out the chemicals over time in which case the batteries are junk, one cell goes bad, draws down the rest of the pack because they can actually reverse polarity when the cell surface voltage drops that low. Very high internal resistance will cause the pack to never hold a charge.

Send them to me I'll put them on my machine for free, I can tell you if it's just a memory problem or if the pack is indeed junk. Takes about a day to run the test on each battery, it charges and discharges the pack 3 times and tells you what the capacity and all the particulars on the batteries. I can reverse memory problems but no-one can bring a junk battery back to life.

Mr. Sandman
12-13-2005, 04:42 PM
That is what I thought Salty but there are a half doz websites like this:
http://resurrection.uniquedynamics.com/
that claim they can and have a load of testimonials both on their site and on ebay. I am just curious as to what they are doing to the battery. It might be worht the 12 bucks to see. I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried it.

UserRemoved1
12-13-2005, 06:19 PM
OMG THAT is piss yer pants funny. Resurrecting batteries. I'm going to link my website to it and tell people about the scam. That's like saying you can revive a striper after being out of the water 20 minutes

unreal how many stoopid people there are out there that will buy into this stuff. PT Barnum said it well :D

UserRemoved1
12-13-2005, 06:21 PM
I bet the same guy that came up with the cell fone booster patches or the repeater antennas to boost your cellfone signal inside your car designed that "program"

Check out the Radio Shack "Micronta" meter in the picture.:rotf2: :rotf2: :rotf2:

Raven
12-13-2005, 06:28 PM
the guy who invented the pet rock made a million and then made another half million selling male and female sand....saying that if you mixed them together they would make baby sand....
ahhh ha ha ha ...what a gullible world we live in... :rolleyes: