View Full Version : Editing Posts

JohnR
09-27-2005, 12:05 PM
This is the announcement on Editing Posts:

As there are a lot of people that have been making statements in posts and then editing them shortly thereafter, I am changing the board to only allow edits for 5 minutes after the post. This will be on a trial basis and may become permanent and might not.

Please ask yourself if you really want to hit the enter key and submit what you typed.

Thanks,

John

this is up for a couple reasons, first please make sure that you say what you want to say before hitting enter. It has long been rude but allowed to make all kinds of posts then edit them out. More than a few people have been doing this lately and it has gone overboard. Second reason is that some people have been using it to take shots at others. I really want that to end. Discuss and issue, don't add fuel to a flame war - pleeeze

Thanks,

John

Slipknot
12-11-2005, 06:53 PM
John, I was wondering if we can allow editing for a longer period of time now??? Members have been good lately it seems:angel:

JohnR
12-11-2005, 07:12 PM
John, I was wondering if we can allow editing for a longer period of time now??? Members have been good lately it seems:angel:

Went from 5 minutes to 30 - we'll see how it goes :tooth: