View Full Version : Favorite Fish Story

Scotch Bonnet
03-09-2002, 11:03 PM
We all got em so lets hear your best! Hear goes mine: In another lifetime my wife(then girlfriend) and I lived in Narragansett Pier and we had a perfect view of Narr,Jamestown,newport etc. One afternoon in July I noticed a huge school of blues working their way twords Narr beach.So me and the bride to be jump in the truck and sped over to the beach. The place is really packed on this hot afternoon as we were jumping over blankets, kicking sand on everyone between us and the breaking fish.When we get to the fish they were still a SOLID cast away. I wade out to about my chest to get as much distance as possible.As I'm casting the school turns and comes right at me(this usually never happens).Before I know it I am I am right in the middle of a full blown bluefish frenzy-BIG BLUES. I am up to my chest with a school of hungry choppers.As I turn around I realize the fish are between me and the beach.At this point I kinda blacked out and somehow ended up on dry sand with my wife laughing her a$$ off at me.I would have loved to see the look on my face. :crying:Anyway the blues had pity on me and they went up and down the beach for 45 min. We had nonstop action with 15-17 lb blues for all that time.Somehow the fish tasted better that night.