View Full Version : Something a little different

Jigman
12-17-2005, 09:14 AM
Been playing with some new stuff lately. Idea for these came from a friend of mine who does a lot of musky fishing (lurks here too so maybe I can guilt him into joining us :hihi: ). Uses a lot of jerkbaits/gliders. Cool looking plugs and the action is right to tempt stripers too. Sooo I've been experimenting with thoughts of stripers rather than musky. I'm still messing around some with weighing and various shapes. Here are the first couple. Right around 1 1/2 oz. Slow sinkers. Action all depends on the person holding the rod. Twitch the rod, the plug will dart in one direction, and come to a slow glide before it starts to slowly sink again. Twitch again, does the same in the other direction. Basically, think of a spook or slugo :kewl: Can be used on top, but more of a just below surface type bait that occassional breaks the surface. As its a sinker, you could also work it at deeper depths. Something to keep me entertained through the winter as I probably won't get them in front of fish until spring and find out if I need to make a bunch more :laughs:

Jigman

ROCFISH
12-17-2005, 09:35 AM
I like em:tm:

Charleston
12-17-2005, 09:36 AM
Nice work...:)

Tagger
12-17-2005, 09:45 AM
Nice baits Jiggs . sub surface tells me your not using ayc .. are u ? Great looking stuff ..

ProfessorM
12-17-2005, 09:58 AM
Brilliant. Nice paint

justplugit
12-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Nice Jigster. :kewl: How do they swim in the jacuzzi.:huh:

numbskull
12-17-2005, 05:21 PM
Right on. I agree. A slab sided slugo-type surface plug that will roll onto its side as you "walk the dog" has big promise. I've turned out a bunch of those larger Frech Banana plugs, and they look good in their own right, but I've been thinking something smaller would be better. It looks as if you hit the nail right on the head. Nice work.

Backbeach Jake
12-17-2005, 05:38 PM
Your work is always a pleasure to view! Pissa! Now I'm stealin' that shape!:laughs:

thefishingfreak
12-17-2005, 05:57 PM
pissa!
i got just the herring run to fish that silver one..
and what jake said:hihi:

afterhours
12-17-2005, 06:02 PM
nice work andrew!

Bernzy
12-17-2005, 06:15 PM
Two thumbs up Jiggy :hihi: :claps:

Bernzy

MAC
12-17-2005, 06:22 PM
Great looking plugs Jigman:claps: :claps: :claps: How long are they, 5 or 6"?

Jigman
12-17-2005, 11:29 PM
Thanks gents :) Tagger, I used birch for these. Still messing around with them, so a few more woods to try out.

... How do they swim in the jacuzzi.:huh:

Don't know, I'm home now so no jacuzzi for test swimming plugs :tm: :hihi: Threw them for a bit this afternoon. Action looked pretty good. Still need to test out some other weighing configurations.

numbskull, I've seen the photos of those Frech plugs. How are they used? I was thinking that they were more of a floating, slow wake on top action. Is that correct? The ones I did will wake on top too, but was going more for the slugo type action.

Jigman

numbskull
12-18-2005, 07:44 AM
Jigman. These Banana plugs roll and plane side to side with each twitch of the rod tip, but they're too big and heavy in my opinion. I'll pm you some more weighting info, etc.

Striperknight
12-18-2005, 08:39 AM
You always manage to get "Jiggy-Blue" on your plugs.:claps:

Jigman
12-18-2005, 09:34 AM
You always manage to get "Jiggy-Blue" on your plugs.:claps:

Thats cause the local striped critters request it :heybaby: Gotts ta give them what they want :uhuh: Oh, and that is a variation on the jiggy blue, not the classic ;)

Jigman

libassboy
12-18-2005, 12:47 PM
Those look great, sweet paint.:drool: