View Full Version : Cabela's Wading Boots

hotshot78
12-19-2005, 12:15 PM
Have any of you purchases Cabelas' Private Label wading boots? I'm looking at the Cabelas's Master Guide boots and would greatly appreciate some testimonials.

Thanks all!

basswipe
12-19-2005, 08:55 PM
I own a pair of their Ultra Light boots.As far the as big names like Simms that's all you pay for is the name.They may make the best waders and tops but as far as boots go Cabelas can't be beat.The one thing the Chinese do best is make boots.

labrax
12-19-2005, 10:00 PM
I have had two pair of their wading boots over the years and both pairs are still going strong. They are like the master guide boots, but they are the all vinyl (pleather) older models. Felts have held up well and they provide plenty of protection in the toe box area and good support in the ankle area. I think the master guide boots are just improvements over that model, much like the Danner wading boots that were popular with freshwater anglers about 10-15 yrs ago. I'd recommend Cabelas for wading shoes. Their flats sneakers look like they would make excellent beach fishing footwear - just like the Simms flats sneaker they look like they are patterned after.

Pete