View Full Version : Tracker Grizzly 1648 Aluminum Mod. V

Got Stripers
12-19-2005, 08:25 PM
Looking at this boat Wednesday evening and a friend of mine who works at Marine USA tells me the price is right. Anyone know anyone running one of these with a 25 HP? It's a modified V-hull, sort of a hybrid between a jon boat and a deep V, should go good with a 25 HP and suit my river winter fishing. The fully welded hull is a plus and it's already rigged with a bow trolling motor and comes with 2 years left on the 4-stroke warranty. Not a boat for outside in much chop, but I think it might be a good deal for my inland fishing.

JohnR
12-19-2005, 08:28 PM
Sounds comparable to Schoolie Monsters old boat... What year?

Got Stripers
12-19-2005, 09:04 PM
It's a 1999 hull, with a 2002 Mercury 25HP 4-stroke Big Foot Outboard, 2004 Karavan bunk trailer and Minnkota Riptip saltwater bow mounted trolling motor. It comes with a Hummingbird depth finder, but it's got the basics covered.

Than I have a friend of a friend with a Champion 16.5' dual console bass boat in good shape, with a 150 HP on it, which I think can be had for the same $4,000.

Then there is a 16 foot dual console Starcraft deep V aluminum with a Merc classic 50 (which I know from my old tracker, which had the same motor), supposedly all great shape for $2,900.

Decisions.....decisions, but all things being equal, I'm inclined to go with the smaller-newer, especially in light of the 4-stroke and transferrable warranty.