View Full Version : Info on Accurate

maddog
12-21-2005, 10:15 AM
:chatter Looking for any info on accurate reels. Their dependabilty, repairabilty, and is there anyone fishing any of them. Thanks Merry Xmas

dickmont
12-21-2005, 04:51 PM
talk to pete at the saltwaters edge. he carries them. they are built like tanks and very very smooth. a super boat reel.

Pete_G
12-21-2005, 06:11 PM
I've yet to find someone using them in the surf, if that's what you're thinking of doing with it. I'm not sure how it would respond, to be honest. Maybe I need to push for a test reel to take in the surf this year...

It's definitely not sealed in any way, so that makes me nervous.

Pretty much bulletproof boat reel though. Big machined gears, strong machined frame, etc. Incredibly powerful drag.

SocalStriper
12-21-2005, 11:15 PM
excellent customer service, except the main facility is here in Corona, CA.

Offshore
12-22-2005, 08:00 AM
We've been selling them at the Hook-UP in Orleans, but all reports have been from boat fishermen. I've been eying one for the surf and may just give it a whirl in the season ahead.

Really like to see some reports on surf use first.

JoeP
12-22-2005, 08:15 AM
Coincidentally, I just sent an email to Accurate asking them if their Boss Reels were made for surf-fishing & surf-casting use and conditions (like the Calcuttas) or if they were more boat reels, and here is the response I got back from them. I've asked a couple of questions of them via email and they are always very prompt & receptive with replies.

"JOE,

THE TWO REELS YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED IN ARE THE B197X WHICH WEIGHS 18 OZ. WITH A 6TO1 RETRIEVE. THE OTHER IS THE B270X, THIS REEL WEIGHS 20 OZ, AND ALSO HAS A 6 TO 1 RETRIEVE. BOTH ARE EXCELLENT REELS AND SHOULD HANDLE THE TYPE FISHING YOU WANT TO DO. HOPE THIS HELPS.

RICH
--
Rich Madison
Accurate Fishing Products
807 E. Parkridge Ave
Corona, Ca. 92879
888-222-8372
Fax 951-479-0305
http://www.accuratefishing.com
rich@accuratefishing.com"

maddog
12-22-2005, 12:39 PM
Thanks guys, was doing some reading on them and just wanted to hear what everybody thought. Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year