View Full Version : airbrush question

Striperhound
12-24-2005, 11:42 AM
just started playing around with my airbrush. Practiced on my sons gingerbread house, lots of fun. Couple of beginner questions,

with createx do you thin the paint before spraying or just spray out of the bottle, if thin what do you thin with water, paint thinner?

from a cleanup standpoint what steps do you take to clean the airbrush? flush with water, spray a cleaner through the gun?

When switching colors while painting do you run a cleaner through the gun then resume painting with second color or can you run water to clear color?

sorry if these are real beginner questions, just looking for some advice. Happy holidays!

NEXT2NUN
12-24-2005, 12:24 PM
I have an older Badger. I thin with warm water(on the hot side). I take the nozzle off run under hot water and brush it outwith a tiny round bristle brush.Can't remember where I got the brush from, but it kind of looks like an eyelash brush. Airbrush is over 20 years old and still looks and works like new.

Bernzy
12-24-2005, 01:26 PM
http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?p=335668#post335668

Kadywampus
12-24-2005, 01:51 PM
just started playing around with my airbrush. Practiced on my sons gingerbread house, lots of fun. Couple of beginner questions,

with createx do you thin the paint before spraying or just spray out of the bottle, if thin what do you thin with water, paint thinner?

from a cleanup standpoint what steps do you take to clean the airbrush? flush with water, spray a cleaner through the gun?

When switching colors while painting do you run a cleaner through the gun then resume painting with second color or can you run water to clear color?

sorry if these are real beginner questions, just looking for some advice. Happy holidays!

You don't have to thin Createx but you can with water . If it's really hot or humid I put a drop of extender in the paint to allow the paint to flow better .
When I change colors I usually flush with cleaner and then water , it's probable overkill but what the hell .
Final cleanup I use cleaner and usually a couple on jars of water .
Good luck.