View Full Version : Motorheads

Karl F
12-26-2005, 12:03 AM
Just finished watching "Two Lane Blacktop", the classic from 1971, James Taylor, Dennis Wilson, Warren Oates, a classic B210 55 Chevy, and a 70 Judge GTO..... on the Sundance Channel.
The interior shots of the gear changes/1/4mile, whir/click of the posi and the M22 4 gear.... 454 in the homebuilt 55, 455 in the factory GeeTOw.. whoa..... memory lane is cruising big time for this former gearhead.....
will air again Early Wednesday AM on sundance...might hafta set the vcr/dvd thingy...... well done Motorhead flick :kewl:

Slipknot
12-26-2005, 11:35 AM
sounds interesting Karl

I don't get the sundance channel

tattoobob
12-26-2005, 03:54 PM
I saw it to good flick not much of a plot but it was all about the cars

RLC100
12-26-2005, 06:55 PM
Mopar man here. I got me a Big Block Charger '69 440 R/T

Karl F
12-26-2005, 07:20 PM
"Not much of a plot" :hihi:

James Taylor's foray into acting, let me scowl at the camera, and not say much... drive that chevy like a mad man...
Dennis Wilson... "I think I gotta check them jets in the carberator"
only said that like 15 times... :hihi:... Warren Oates.. man, I wonder if he had a script or was just havin fun telling all them stories, every time he picked up a hitch hiker...
The girl in the chevy with Taylor or Wilson had the best line in the flick..
Wilson mumbles something about the next stop, gonna replace the jets in the carb, and maybe check out the rear end... she's like "yeah, great, ain't nobody checking out MY rear end!" :hihi:

Was all about the cars, I guess thats why I like it....
they were leary of them mopars when they were scouting potential drags.. :D

Raider Ronnie
12-26-2005, 07:39 PM
I like those cars from that so called "muscle car" era,
But it's amazing how far things have come!
The fastest car from back then couldn't keep up with today's cars.
A 4cyl Honda Accord or v6 Ford Taurus would leave all of those cars in the dust!!!
And get 30 mpg doing it !!! :rotf3:

tattoobob
12-26-2005, 08:41 PM
I have a "73" Chevy Caprice Classic Convertible with a 400 sm.
Block 4 Bolt main
Holly duel feed 650 manual carb with a high rise manifold
Ceramic coated headers 3 inch duel exhast all the way to
the back. 400 HP
Want to race

BigBo
12-26-2005, 09:48 PM
The fastest car from back then couldn't keep up with today's cars.
A 4cyl Honda Accord or v6 Ford Taurus would leave all of those cars in the dust!!!
And get 30 mpg doing it !!! :rotf3:
I'm not so sure of that RR. I had a '69 Road Runner for my first car with a 440, 4 speed, and six pack. Granted those cars would probably beat this car off the line because of weight, but once that beast got rolling, step aside! Later on I bought and restored a '67 Chevelle SS 396 4 speed that I would definately argue that claim with. When the resto was complete, original engine was pushing right around 430 hp. Won many spectator races at Seekonk and elsewhere back in the day.:hihi:

Karl F
12-27-2005, 07:56 AM
hmmm, I googled the 55 in the movie, in the movie they claimed it would do the 1/4 in the 12's.

In real life it ran the 1/4 in the 10's at over 130.

Show me a Taurus or Honda that pulls those #'s ;)

The 55 was given a smaller hood, painted shiny black and did it's final apperance in American Graffiti.

justplugit
12-27-2005, 09:36 PM
Show me a Taurus or Honda that pulls those #'s ;)

Ya ,and one that will snap ur neck and sound like a 55. :D

Raider Ronnie
12-28-2005, 06:54 AM
Go to a Subaru dealer and take a WRX for a ride if you want to experience a fast car and it will snap your head back !!!

Like I said, I liked the cars from back then (actually I really like the cars from the 50s )
But there is no question the advances that cars have made!!!