View Full Version : charter cable tv is SCROOGE

Raven
12-26-2005, 11:46 AM
and ruined my Christmas......and in my opinion they suck.
because.....................
all they want is your money and more money...
i even just recieved an E-mail about new offers
which is yet another ploy to get more of your money
and this time its for radio reception @$10.00 per month.
.................................................. .................................................. ..
heres the story..... i've been a customer for ten years
we get a cable bill and it says
please pay $61.77 ...so i go down to the nearest
charter cable office (in the next town over)
just this past week and go to pay it..........
but the only girl in their office is out to lunch...
well i barely made it there (falling asleep)because of this
new medication i'm on which makes you very tired and i
just couldnt sit there and wait.
i decided to mail the bill and check through their mail slot
on the charter office door knowing the girl would find it
on her return from lunch..which she did.
I knew this because the same amount came off my
bank statement seen via online banking.

Christmas morning i come down and theres the freakin message
about your set not being authorized ...blah blah blah
and there's nothing you can do either because its Christmas day.

I talked with a supervisor and he admitted it was their mistake
and all i have to do is pay for the reconnection fee and more money
after that too....for next months service...whatever...NO NO NO
i paid for christmas day and they stole it from me...
this is extremely wrong.... bad business...and ethically unjust.
i have had enough of their crap... for a lifetime....
Charter TV is indeed SCROOGE.... and they have an ENEMY
now beyond their wildest imagination.

basswipe
12-26-2005, 12:02 PM
All cable companies suck.

Here in my area when a channel becomes to popular they make it available only on digital.Hmmm.....SPEED,OLN and ESPN Classic to name a few.Wonder why they would do that?

If you get your phone,net and tv all together its a "deal".Wonder why they would offer that?

Service is free but its $65/hr to fish cable.Gotta love that "free" service.

Cable just plain sucks.

Raven
12-26-2005, 05:39 PM
i win :bgi:
i am watching the patriots game on my TV IN color
on cable..... for FREE....i simple circumvented there stupid cable box....so screw them...the scrooge
and got nothin on the Raven....:rotf3:

redcrbbr
01-07-2006, 08:26 AM
westport is also blessed with charter. bottom line is they do suck. The town has been trying to get rid of them for some time. we get more channels and pay less using direct tv. we do use charter for internet. when you do call them they do act like they do have your balls in there greedy little hands.

Backbeach Jake
01-07-2006, 10:11 AM
When my neighbors across the street moved, Comcast disconnected their cable AND mine. I called them, and they said no problem just be home between 8-12 the next day. WHAT!!!!? No thanks, you broke it without me you can fix it without me. They said sorry, but I had to be home. NO!! I'm not missing half a day's work for television. It's not worth that to me, cancel my subscription, I'll go back to a roof antenna. OK they said we'll be out tomorrow. They fixed it.:smokin:

Raven
01-07-2006, 11:08 AM
i am thinking of switching to them now...
before i had basic cable with Charter
and only was watching like 5 channels for almost ten bucks
per channel....and thats crazy money...

charter wants me to pay a reconnection fee
after i paid the bill... and i said - no friggan way
yesterday i tried calling them about an email problem i had
on a seperate account ok and after going thru the whole
press 4 press 1 press three crap 6 times and then
getting a buzy signal i said : this is totally CRAP.

now i'm planning on canceling my charter dsl and charter telephone
too and perhaps switching to verizon DSL and Vonage and hopefully
get my money's worth.

Backbeach Jake
01-07-2006, 01:07 PM
We're paying $45 a month for one step up from basic. They've been very reliable except for the one time. They just had to be shown that I wasn't over anyone's barrell. They offer broadband, but I go with dial-up still. Their local office is two doors down from me, but when I call, I get Texas or some place:huh: Really only 1 problem in 20 years.

Swimmer
01-07-2006, 02:01 PM
Direct TV Raven, its the only way to go. I get awesome recption and its never been out.

Joe
01-10-2006, 10:14 AM
I can't believe I don't get Fox HD channel.
Freakin Cox, can't cut a deal - gimmie a break - we should be a great deal more than we do for our money.

Raven
01-19-2006, 07:15 PM
but i told charter.....
(charter cable, charter phone, and charter dsl)
you're fired !

they suck and only want more and more of your money.
they send ya stuff saying: dear valued customer
that is such an outragious LIE

Karl F
01-19-2006, 07:26 PM
on the cape, anyhow... sucks:
1.) the money right outta your wallet
2.) service.. yeah.. right, sure, at least thats what they call it.
3.) they are out, just about as often as the NSTAR electric that we pay waaaay too much for also, anytime the windspeed exceeds the velocity of a good chili fart... poof... out.
4.) did I mention the $$$$$ up, up, up....
5.)they sucketh...................
but they are THE MONOPOLY of the moment, NO competition.
The folks with Direct TV down here have issues with the weather and wind as well, I am looking for alternitives, and talked to several with the dish on the roof, but they put up with it, cause they hate Comcast so much.

Raven
01-24-2006, 08:39 PM
is direct TV ....where they come and install a dish on your roof?

excuse me if this is a stupid sounding question?

Karl F
01-24-2006, 08:53 PM
is direct TV ....where they come and install a dish on your roof?

excuse me if this is a stupid sounding question?

yep that's the ones, and no stupid questions, ;) only stoopid answers :hihi:

just talked to a guy down the road from me, looks like I'd have to cut down a few oaks to get optimum direction... but
much cheaper than Concast.
hmmmm firewood :kewl:

UserRemoved1
01-25-2006, 06:16 AM
Karl the directv I have has only gone out 3-4 times in the last year and 1/2. And every time it's been because of VERY severe storm cells moving through. I have 100% signal here....if a heavy enough cell moves over it's down to ZIP. But it's right back again as soon as the storm cell lessens and passes over. If you've got problems where it continually goes out then you have a bad path to begin with. More likely to go out with poor sig. Is there another place you can put the dish with a sw exposure or where it has a good look at sw? I know you guys that grump about cable will like directv it's been pisser here! My dish will only work in one spot...at the top of the 40' peak :D Rest of the trees are WAY too tall and block the dish. I've not had a problem with snow on the dish either it's always there snow or no snow.
These cable companies are trying to brainwash you about the wx thing though cuz if it's done right it does work.

Raven
01-25-2006, 08:18 AM
i wasnt realizing that direct TV meant satellite dish...
silly me...
but i have a rear porch that faces south and the snow melts off it real fast and its easy to access as its a low pitch compared to the 12
pitch of the house roof... and it can point to a huge open area with little or no tree interference... i'm thinking that will work well for me.

UserRemoved1
01-25-2006, 08:30 AM
Raven I forget the angle and direction exactly but seem to remember it's around 215 degrees azimuth and something around 20 degrees elevation to the satellite. Walk out to where you are thinking of putting it and look in the direction and see what you see. If any trees then pick another spot or go higher. Remember it's EFFECTIVE height/angle you have...like on my house I cannot receive ANYTHING 36' away across the rood near the chimney which is closest to the trees in that location...but the other side of the roof opens up the sky alot because of the angle moving back away from the trees.

I got Charter internet here and it's been great, out maybe 6 times in 1.5 years.

Raven
01-25-2006, 08:53 AM
thanks for the reply...

the other day while contemplating building a hoop house
for forcing spring veggie flats .... i was glad i didnt already have it up
because the winds were so extremely fierce that shingles got blown off my roof up by the chimney.... so, up here it can get insanely windy....real quick. as for the azimuth .... thats chinese to me...
i put a call into the tech staff long before the schedualed install date...of 2-7 to get some more info.
(they just called and said that would be perfect)

i had charter cable for almost ten years ....and recently had charter cabletv, charter dsl, and charter phone.....which is all gone now.
bye bye charter charge to much for doodly squat. :yak6:

i live in isolation and i was shut off suddenly for my phone and internet service without warning a couple of weeks ago....and that really tweaked me. at least verizon will give me several warnings....

even in-active cell phones still allow you to dial 911

my last doctors visit the nurse couldnt even find a pulse.

theres sometimes no one here to yell help too see... :uhoh:

Raven
02-07-2006, 04:42 PM
i have a verizon phone ,verizon Dsl ,and direct TV

so the transformation is now Sweet and complete.

oh - so many channels now -> for half the price. :uhuh:

now i'm back to being happy...

charter sucks!

dump them and you'll be glad you did!

i sure am!