View Full Version : Rod Builders Workshop

topwatertom
12-28-2005, 09:27 PM
I recieved a gift certificate for Rod Builders Workshop in Kingston Ma. Has anyone had any expierience with them, Ideas? Thanks

BigFish
12-29-2005, 01:59 AM
I have and Smitty (the shop owner and teacher) is a good friend of mine. He will show you the "how to's" of rod building for sure in the class and then you can return at any time for coaching, advice, whatever......its fun and you might learn how to make some beautiful rods! My favorite light weight conventional rod.....I built it with Smitty's help and you sure reap the reward when you hook fish on a rod you built yourself!:bgi:

Enjoy and tell Smitty that BigFish says hello!

BigFish
12-29-2005, 02:02 AM
Not sure if it was for his rod building class but if you were looking for ideas in regards to purchasing something, Smitty has a full line of fly rods and gear, lots of plugs and terminal tackle, a great selection of books, spinning and conventional reels.....go check out his shop.....if nothing else you will have a ball just conversing with him...he is a riot!:jester:

crash
12-29-2005, 09:02 AM
I spent 45 minutes in there buying 2 plugs and some hooks. The owner is a good guy.

lurch
12-29-2005, 09:16 PM
Is there a price for the workshop? I went to the site and did not see any prices.

Offshore
12-29-2005, 09:32 PM
Smitty is a great guy and runs a fine shop. I've been going there for all my flytying/flyfishing stuff since I moved to the Cape in 2002. Don't be afraid to ask him questions.

Got Stripers
12-29-2005, 09:53 PM
Smitty is very helpful, the only problem you might have is shutting him up, once you get him going forget it:).

BigFish
12-29-2005, 10:16 PM
All true...all true...great guy Smitty! I think his rod building class was about $60.00 if I am not mistaken...give him a call....he will give you the price and when he is running his next classes!:happy:

Offshore
12-30-2005, 09:21 AM
Check out the shop and hours at: www.rodbuildersworkshop.com