View Full Version : Cat walk material

fishermanjim
12-30-2005, 05:44 PM
I need to get a sheet of cat walk material to make a trailer-hitch shelf for the truck. Does anyone know where to get this stuff? I want to make my own because the catalog shelfs are too small.I made one with plywood but the water and wood chips dirt etc. collects on the shelf..... please help me!!!!!:ss:

hunan
12-30-2005, 11:30 PM
mid-city steel on route 6 in westport,ma. should have what you're looking for.

janiejones
12-31-2005, 12:43 AM
I'm not even going to admit what I thought you meant by "catwalk material." :hidin:

UserRemoved1
12-31-2005, 05:12 AM
I have a 10' piece of galvanized ice & water shield used for protecting cables on towers, 9" wide 10' long, it's got that heavy diamond hole pattern cut into it and it's definitely non slip if you walk on it. It can be cut with a standard 5" cutoff wheel, about 12 gauge thick.

email me at scott@#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&.com

Thom
12-31-2005, 07:54 AM
Man was I disapointed when I click on this I thought there was going to be some hot models walking the cat walk. ThomT

Offshore
12-31-2005, 08:41 AM
Looks too soft to use on your trailer

MAC
12-31-2005, 10:24 AM
If the stuff Salty has isn't what you are looking for you can call local steel shops and ask for expanded metal. I would weld a band around the edges because open ends on this stuff catch everything; pants,shoelaces....

Westport Jeff
12-31-2005, 12:31 PM
What MAC said is correct. We used 3# expanded steel for making raised floors. We welded 3/16" x 2" flat bar around the perimeter. You could also use angle around the perimeter. You can get expanded metal in aluminum.

When we had our shop in Cambridge we bought it from Turner Steel in West Bridgewater. Unfortunately the owner moved our fab shop to Canada.

I'm sure any small metal fab shop can fix you up.