View Full Version : Plug a thon?

Slipknot
01-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Is there any interest in having a plugathon for the longest bass this year among the members?

Everyone that enters sends the winner a plug at the end of the year.

redneck24
01-02-2006, 06:13 PM
sure, ill do it

Bernzy
01-02-2006, 07:33 PM
I'm in. :hihi:

Bernzy

justplugit
01-02-2006, 08:21 PM
in :)

will need a reminder by then tho. :hihi:

Raven
01-02-2006, 08:40 PM
who woulda plugathunk ....? :think:

ProfessorM
01-02-2006, 08:46 PM
me too

Arne P
01-02-2006, 10:04 PM
I would be interested. :wavey:

Canalman
01-02-2006, 11:20 PM
I'd do it, but I've done it on SOL and won it... only about 30% of the entrants sent plugs. Can we trust the honor system? Or how about a plug is your entry fee. I'd be willing to hold the goods :hihi: until the end of the contest. If this works for everyone, bring your plugs to plugfest or pm me for my adress. Or we'll have to have a mafia style circle of trust. :hidin:

Backbeach Jake
01-03-2006, 06:55 AM
I'm In!

Slipknot
01-03-2006, 07:01 AM
30% of something is better than nothing I guess. I think part of the problem with not all sending a plug may have been the signup was at the beginning of the year and many infrequent members just blew it off.
We are not going to get any plugs up front so you decide for yourself whether you want in or not.

I like the idea of making an individual plug specific for the winner, that's just me, but you could just send the winner anything and that is fine.

It's just a little friendly competition for fun among builders who enjoy catching fish on their own creations. If there's going to be any problems then we can scrap it.

I don't think it should matter, boat or shore as far as rules go.

Arne P
01-03-2006, 07:03 AM
I'd do it, but I've done it on SOL and won it... only about 30% of the entrants sent plugs. Can we trust the honor system? Or how about a plug is your entry fee. I'd be willing to hold the goods :hihi: until the end of the contest. If this works for everyone, bring your plugs to plugfest or pm me for my adress. Or we'll have to have a mafia style circle of trust. :hidin:
Wow, I can't believe that many people didn't send plugs!! :eek5: This is the first time I entered over there. I think I might have posted the names of those whose plugs were "missing." At the very least, have a rule where they can't enter in future years if they don't send them.

ThrowingTimber
01-03-2006, 07:37 AM
Im in. :buds:

vineyardblues
01-03-2006, 08:55 AM
sure count me in, never did one before and this could be my year!
lol

Good news for 06 is that tuna fishing will be better than ever!

VB

fishaholic18
01-03-2006, 09:58 AM
In. :hihi:

ThrowingTimber
01-03-2006, 11:46 AM
no need to give the plugs before hand, that way you can make the user something particular to them. :hee:

Nebe
01-03-2006, 02:17 PM
I think part of the problem with not all sending a plug may have been the signup was at the beginning of the year and many infrequent members just blew it off.

Some people waited to sign up until they found a pod of large bass too.

how about a sign up cut off date. either your in or your not.

* BTW i am not contesting the winner. his fish was bigger :D

Diggin Jiggin
01-03-2006, 02:29 PM
I'm in...

Adam R
01-03-2006, 03:22 PM
I don't think it should matter, boat or shore as far as rules go.

Slip,
I think the boat guys have a bit of an advantage. Depending on the number of entries, how about seperate catagories? A good boat guy will handle a lot more fish than a good surfcaster generally speaking.
Adam

MAC
01-03-2006, 03:41 PM
I'm in. What's one more plug to give away:tm:

Pete F.
01-03-2006, 03:52 PM
I'm in, but I might have to go to Cuttyhunk twice this year.

Charleston
01-03-2006, 05:08 PM
I agree with the cut off date. Say April 1st!
I'm in!

Slipknot
01-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Slip,
I think the boat guys have a bit of an advantage. Depending on the number of entries, how about seperate catagories? A good boat guy will handle a lot more fish than a good surfcaster generally speaking.
Adam

then I guess us shore guys will have to work even harder, or go with a friend on a boat :hihi:

Remember, the fish has to be caught on a homemade plug either made by a member here or yourself.

Adam, you got a 50 from shore on your own needle, a helluva accomplishment. I just see no good reason to split the 2 ways to fish for bass that's all. Lots of times I see shore caught fish weigh more than boat divisions in tournaments. You still have to cast from somewhere, if you use a boat to do it then so be it. Maybe we should rule out trolling plugs and make it only casting?

Cutoff date, good idea. but I think more like July 1st. maybe post a poll? :huh:

BTW Nebe, he didn't find a big pod of fish or hear of it, he is just THAT good and had a horseshoe up his you know what. He also shouldn't be allowed in this contest :vamp:

Backbeach Jake
01-03-2006, 06:12 PM
July 1 is good with me, just please don't make me try to build another darter. I have a huge glitch in my brain with those things.:spin:

Nebe
01-03-2006, 06:33 PM
BTW Nebe, he didn't find a big pod of fish or hear of it, he is just THAT good and had a horseshoe up his you know what. He also shouldn't be allowed in this contest :vamp:

I know I know... that is why i am saying i am not contesting it, and he won fair and square...
anyway, all i request is that there be a cutoff date.. July 1st is fine with me...Oh, I'm in :devil:

l.i.fish.in.vt
01-03-2006, 07:11 PM
i am also in if it is a go

Striperhound
01-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Im in

stripercrazy
01-03-2006, 07:34 PM
I'm in:wave:

Tagger
01-03-2006, 07:36 PM
Hey I'd like to tell a friend of mine about this, He's had his captains license as long as I can remember ans does small 2-4 person bass/blues charters around the islands,.. Probably fishes about 80 hrs. a week . I think he makes crude plugs too ? Whats he do ? just register and say I'm in ? He does humungus fish every year and would love all your plugs ..:vamp:

Slipknot
01-03-2006, 08:36 PM
What's his screen name tagger?

are you trying to make a point?:rolleyes:

Tagger
01-03-2006, 08:49 PM
,,point ?.. u like a level playing field right slip . what ever you think is fair .. its your ball..

Slipknot
01-03-2006, 08:52 PM
We'll keep it level

BTW, it's not my ball and I am not gonna take it home with me ;)
Everyone's input will be helpful to establish the rules of this friendly contest. Thank you

surfer4life52
01-03-2006, 09:18 PM
ill do it...first one for me

Nebe
01-03-2006, 09:34 PM
surf fish only. There i said it. :buds:

thefishingfreak
01-03-2006, 10:15 PM
surf fish only. There i said it. :buds:

i'll agree.
otherwise i'd just load up raider ronnie with some plugs :hidin:

Nebe
01-04-2006, 09:55 AM
how about 2 plugathons... one for the shore guys and one for the boatahs.

ThrowingTimber
01-04-2006, 10:00 AM
either way no biggie :vamp:

Nebe
01-04-2006, 10:13 AM
Thats right Timber... you will catch no biggie :hihi: :lm:

Krispy
01-04-2006, 10:50 AM
I'm in. :tm:

ThrowingTimber
01-04-2006, 12:02 PM
try not to hang the fish to stretch out the jaw eben :hidin: :faga:

Karl F
01-04-2006, 12:17 PM
we have a winner!

;)

bassmaster
01-04-2006, 12:54 PM
Some people waited to sign up until they found a pod of large bass too.

how about a sign up cut off date. either your in or your not.

* BTW i am not contesting the winner. his fish was bigger :D
I have news for You, in june You were beat
Its bad enuff i hate sol dont make me run from here any faster than i am,
I still like You You bum
i won that 3 time ahh think there is a tad chance i know how to fish?
not that I want to anymore

bassmaster
01-04-2006, 12:56 PM
how about 2 plugathons... one for the shore guys and one for the boatahs.
can i enter twice then?

ThrowingTimber
01-04-2006, 01:08 PM
Everyone make sure to stretch your fish by hanging it by its jaw :uhuh: you know kinda like how in some events you dunk your fish in a barrel before weighing it... :smokin:

BM win both that would be funny :vamp:

Nebe
01-04-2006, 01:43 PM
Actually i am out. I want nothing to do with it. :hs:

ThrowingTimber
01-04-2006, 01:47 PM
:wave: puss...

Tagger
01-04-2006, 03:54 PM
i won that 3 time ahh think there is a tad chance i know how to fish?
not that I want to anymore
I think your a comercial guide slaughtering recreational fishers,, that last minute sign up over there smells funny.. Its only a lousy plug,, I don't care about that.. I snap them off and watch them sail away and shed no tears. fishing time for me comes after work/overtime/more work/working on house/kids stuff ,,like most the others .Your a guide and fish everyday.. These things are starting to look like the sheep being herded for the wolf.. I'm out of all these things forever,, not sour grapes .. Just sick of being a sucka ,,like you called everyone over there,, you think this is an honest contest... I spit the truth ,,so flame on.. :smokin:

Charleston
01-05-2006, 09:24 AM
[QUOTE=bassmaster]I have news for You Its bad enuff i hate sol dont make me run from here any faster than i am,

With all that SOL did for you and your family and this is the way you talk about us. Never again Dave.

Pete F.
01-05-2006, 12:29 PM
How about if you win you get the priveledge of being one of three judges/ organizing comitee members, each with a three year term, ineligible for the tournament. For the first three years there would have to be appointed judges who should be eligible.
People who did not send their plugs would not be eligible to enter and you, as a former winner and recepient of a gadzillion plugs, would know who they are.
I would be happy with that and please remember that this should be fun.

Slipknot
01-05-2006, 01:42 PM
These things are starting to look like the sheep being herded for the wolf..

Is that your opinion? Or am I supposed to take offense to that statement? because that REALLY sounds like a dig to me and it pisses me off. I don't need this $#!* You don't know me tagger, you have no idea.

I don't know what the heck is going on here but if the way this thread is heading is any indication, then you can all just forget about it. I'm disgusted:yak6:
I try to do something I thought would be fun, we were just working out the parameters and some make jokes and then others chime in and take things wrong, then accusations fly and insults and people who are normally friendly with each other are pissing and moaning.:splat:

If I feel like it, i'll get back to this subject in the future but I have no time for this crap now.
I'm leaving the ball with you guys, have fun:gu: :walk:

Slipknot
01-05-2006, 01:47 PM
How about if you win you get the priveledge of being one of three judges/ organizing comitee members, each with a three year term, ineligible for the tournament. For the first three years there would have to be appointed judges who should be eligible.
People who did not send their plugs would not be eligible to enter and you, as a former winner and recepient of a gadzillion plugs, would know who they are.
I would be happy with that and please remember that this should be fun.
thanks for the suggestion but we were trying to keep this simple.
apparently that can't happen with this forum. I'll keep it in mind but judges are out, this is supposed to be the honor system. I appreciate your reply :)

I wish it was fun but some people are taking the fun right out of it so I'll just shutup.

maybe I should have asked Guzz and Jigman how to handle this .....

no wonder I don't enter tournaments anymore.:wall:

Canalman
01-05-2006, 02:41 PM
...y

Im in :rolleyes:

ThrowingTimber
01-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Sorry slip,

Im in

Pete F.
01-05-2006, 03:54 PM
Slip maybe I used the wrong word when I said Judges.
These were the problems I saw when I read thru the thread:
Problem #1) I won one of these and did'nt get all my plugs.
Solution #1) The following year(s) I, as a former contest champion, get to say who is in or out only for failure to pay up.
Problem #2) In someones opinion, the winner waited to enter until they caught a big fish.
Solution #2) Cut off date
Problem #3) Boat or surf
Solution #3) This is a tough one and I would say don't worry about it, the most you can be out is a plug and revisit it if it becomes a problem. Although I have to admit I voted for surf only.
Problem #4) The same guy always wins
Solution #4) You can't enter the next year(s) if you win but you do get to be da Judge, kibbitz and harrass guys who default on their plug debt. Maybe one year is the way to go. What we don't want is a contest where people don't enter because they know Mister X is gonna win.

Tagger
01-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Yes Slip thats my opinion,, sorry your pissed ,,but you sound kinda threatning ,, whats all this ,, "you don't know me " stuff..

BigFish
01-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Too many cooks Slip...set the rules yourself or with the help of one or two others and if folks want to play then fine....if not....screw em!:wall:

Slipknot
01-05-2006, 06:21 PM
exactly what it means since you have the wrong impression of me.
You can think whatever you want but you are extremely wrong about this being a case of sheep being herded to the wolf. Not threatening at all. If you don't know what you are talking about , then maybe you shouldn't say it. I don't know what I ever did to deserve that accusation. Anyone who does know me, knows the truth.

Did you read my post where I said this on page one?
----------------------
quote:
" BTW Nebe, he didn't find a big pod of fish or hear of it, he is just THAT good and had a horseshoe up his you know what. He also shouldn't be allowed in this contest"
---------------------

sorry I'm pissed? :huh: well how the hell do you think I'd feel?:wall:

If you really think I would let Dave in this competition, you're way off base. I only signed up over on the other site last year because he was not in it. There should have been a cutoff date and I am sending a plug to Eben.

Slipknot
01-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Too many cooks Slip...set the rules yourself or with the help of one or two others and if folks want to play then fine....if not....screw em!:wall:

you do it asteroid champ

BigFish
01-05-2006, 06:25 PM
Nope! Not me!:doh:

Tagger
01-05-2006, 06:42 PM
I think I do know you Slip,, I personally like you and think you are a great guy,,a very nice person, a family man and you are a very giving person all the the stuff you have set up at your house and the other thing in middleborro . Thats what I honestly (no butt swabbery) think of you . I don't think you are a sheep herder,, Ok ? You hate me ? I getting older and caring less about that stuff.. I'll leave it at that so you know exactly what I think of you .. The other stuff,, I meant.

BigFish
01-05-2006, 06:44 PM
I like the tinman.......:)

Slipknot
01-05-2006, 06:51 PM
Eddie
call me or PM me your number please, your pm's are full

Nebe
01-05-2006, 07:27 PM
hold on. lets rewind.

I would like to clarify something. The other plugathon has no rule about waiting to sign up mid season, so BM had every right to sign up when he did. Furthermore, TT and Jigman were there to confirm the catch.. Not once have i said that BM didnt win fair and square.. All i am saying is that by waiting till he felt the right moment to pull of a victory put himself in a position to catch flack. I got about 12 PMs over there asking me why i didnt contest it... I know we all know BM and hes a great guy, but look at it this way- what if some one we didnt know signed up for the plugathon and entered a winning fish that night??? it would probably be thrown out.. or at least it would draw serious doubt.
I only brought up the topic originaly because the rules of that plugathon are somewhat loose to say the least. Firm rules, which so far looks like we have all suggested, will lead to a healthy compitition.

SO what i am saying here in a nutshell is lets have a cutoff date thats all... Im not saying that BM cheated &I am not saying he shouldnt have won, because the way the rules are, he won fair and square..

So slip, send BM his winning plug and i will send him a plug of mine when i finnish my next batch...

Slipknot
01-05-2006, 07:50 PM
I should have phrased it" I will send Nebe a plug also"
I am still giving you and Chum and BM a plug Nebe :) cuz you deserve it that's all.

Tagger and I smoothed things over.

go back to making plugs now
sorry

Nebe
01-05-2006, 08:54 PM
thanks bruce. I will send you a plug as well :rolleyes:

ThrowingTimber
01-06-2006, 12:16 AM
:jester: Game ON!

BigFish
01-06-2006, 01:27 AM
:love: Love is in the air....thick like sawdust!:bl:

ProfessorM
01-06-2006, 11:08 AM
Make up plug building is always the best:love:

bassmaster
01-06-2006, 12:40 PM
I think your a comercial guide slaughtering recreational fishers,, that last minute sign up over there smells funny.. Its only a lousy plug,, I don't care about that.. I snap them off and watch them sail away and shed no tears. fishing time for me comes after work/overtime/more work/working on house/kids stuff ,,like most the others .Your a guide and fish everyday.. These things are starting to look like the sheep being herded for the wolf.. I'm out of all these things forever,, not sour grapes .. Just sick of being a sucka ,,like you called everyone over there,, you think this is an honest contest... I spit the truth ,,so flame on.. :smokin:
i dont want to flame, i men if your sore then sorry
i had a group of people with me and i sniffed out the fish,
I cant help it if im the only one in a group hooking up.
I enjoy fishing with alot of people and ahhh no not every day, i go when i go.
please dont tell me when i fish
You people are true sportsmen, Your luck I dont own a boat anymore lmao
a charlston, my familys last name is manzi, so hit the road

Charleston
01-06-2006, 01:29 PM
hit the road!? Thanks dave! :wave: I appreciate it. Jerk!

fishaholic18
01-06-2006, 02:17 PM
How about we solve the "Who's in" problem by saying "Everybody's in"?
Start a "Post Your Fish Pic" thread and let Bruce (if he wants to) be the judge at the end of 2006. Every SB member is in...No sign up or cut off date needed. Just post pic of fish being measured with plug in mouth.
What do ya think? Lets make this fun, not WAR.

ThrowingTimber
01-06-2006, 03:11 PM
:wave: Dave's the voice of reason. :eek5:

vineyardblues
01-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Just an idea,,,toss it around if you like:D

How about a $5.00 or 10.00 fee . The 5 dollars per person would go towards a nice trophy . Kind of like my football league . Each year the person's
name would be added. John would hold on to the trophy on top of his server..lol the winner would also send john the plug he got his fish on, witch would hang off the trophy. A picture of the trophy with the plug and name of person year etc, could be posted on the front page of S-B .
02. cents
VB

fishaholic18
01-06-2006, 04:27 PM
:wave: Dave's the voice of reason. :eek5:
That's cause I haven't had any :gu: :gu: yet.:wiggle:

Slipknot
01-06-2006, 05:57 PM
It's just a little friendly competition for fun among builders who enjoy catching fish on their own creations. If there's going to be any problems then we can scrap it.

ah

thefishingfreak
01-06-2006, 06:00 PM
flush this crap till spring..

Backbeach Jake
01-06-2006, 06:07 PM
flush this crap till spring..
Second that.

Nebe
01-06-2006, 06:10 PM
how about no fish from mass allowed :hihi:

NIB
01-09-2006, 07:15 AM
Dave won fair an square.At first I thought he caught the fish then signed up an I was wrong.Ebbie nocked me off an when i was fishin wit him he asked if it would hold up i said i don't know its usually a cape fish that takes it.Dave fishes the land of the large he knows whats goin on up there as he's mental about it.Thats a tough cookie to beat.One of the best on our boards.So next yr if u sign up keep that in mind.No one twist ur arm to join the competition.Its just a plug.So it should be friendly.Like Me...

NIB
01-09-2006, 07:42 AM
The beauti of it is I now owe dave a plug....
Boy I better get busy...
I'm gonna give matt one of his own back...
Its only a plug.Dave sets the bar its up to some one else to knock him off.If u do then its all the much better.I personally would not like a competition that would ommit some of the best anglers.wheres the sport in that.I wanna beat the best.

Jigman
01-09-2006, 08:19 AM
...maybe I should have asked Guzz and Jigman how to handle this .....

Set the rules up in advance. Less arguements that way. Those who are will to play by those rules can enter. Those that don't, shut up and stay off the thread. If you ask for rules, you'll end up :wall: and pulling your hair out.

You are always going to catch some chit when setting up any kind of contest. Its unfortunate that too many people want to take these things waaaaay to seriously. They are only meant as friendly competitions. A way of getting folks to have more confidence in throwing their own stuff and have a little fun at the same time. Hell, I entered the ones on SOL knowing in advance that I did not have a snowball's chance in hell of winning (short plugging season, and I don't get the size fish most surf guys get). Same as others in those contests. So what, its just a plug. I figure its all in fun and at the end, I'll send a plug to a friend :uhuh: Don't know why people gotta grip so much about sending a plug to a friend.

Oh, and you'll have to allow boat fish in this plugathon cause there is no shore fishing for stripers down here :wall: Unless of couse no one wants one of my plugs :rotf2:

Jigman

Pete F.
01-09-2006, 09:12 AM
I agree with Jigman.:thanks:
How about if you win you have to run the plugathon the next year...:wall:

eastendlu
01-09-2006, 11:09 AM
Jigman the voice of reason.I don't have a NIB plug waaaaaa.One other thing i'm waiting till the dust settles here and see what you all decide are the rules then i will probably enrter.One other thing i don't mind losing one of my plugs to another builder i figure he might actually like my work and will trade with me in the future.

Striperknight
01-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Its scary when NIB is the voice of reason. Hi Nibby:wiggle:

NIB
01-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Who said i was the voice of reason.
How bout this angle.
U have the big fish for 2 months.U think u got it rapped up, u can almost taste the 50 some odd plugs PROMISED U..
Then The grand master angler enters 2 days later he pulls a beauty out of his butt.An u get NADA
Ya it sucks but its all within the rules.
Thats what happened to Nebe Last yr.
He was totally cool with it.he understands.
He was holdin his breath for a long time.but he had to inhale.
He had 50 plugs in his hand an now he's makin one for a guy who has thousands.
Sucks being him.Its good to be DAve.
thats the fun of it an I wouldn't have it anyother way.

Nebe
01-11-2006, 09:46 AM
I didnt care about the plugs... I was after the glory :buds:

Krispy
01-11-2006, 12:46 PM
F this.. Im out :fishslap:

Skitterpop
01-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Is it May yet?

Slip and Tagger are both great guys.... that is not disputable.

The other sites Thon did stink with a sign up in October (the day before? )the big bassy was caught.

And I felt privileged to be allowed to enter not being a builder or with a few builders offering me a chance to build a plug at their shop.

boat and shore categories with a cutoff sign up date sound good.

Peace ........................ The world is a tough enough place as it is

Krispy
01-11-2006, 01:37 PM
yeah, and get the plugs ahead a time, bunch a welchers out there :behead:

Pete F.
01-11-2006, 03:36 PM
that's why I thought the winner should get to be involved the next year.

JohnR
01-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Here is a thought for a "rule" You must sign up at least one month before you can enter a fish. Now that I feel that i have contributed :hihi:

Whatever you guys want to do with it go ahead and do. PLEASE play nice and have some fun with it though. It really sucks to try to do something nice and get crapped all over while doing it... I just read thru all this stuff - I can smell the shacknasties :crying: http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/images/smilies/fart.gif

Jigman
01-11-2006, 04:29 PM

I prefer to do it after the plugathon is over. That way, when I lose, I can make a plug specifically for the winner.

Jigman

Krispy
01-11-2006, 05:04 PM
[QUOTE= That way, when I lose, I can make a plug specifically for the winner.
[/QUOTE]
I can only imagine what people would make for me :err:

NIB
01-11-2006, 05:06 PM
I can only imagine what people would make for me :err:

Dood I've gotten a tree branch plug an have been threaten with the doody plug.:err:

NIB
01-11-2006, 05:22 PM
F this.. Im out :fishslap:

I don't understand that.why wouldn't u bet a plug to win a hole bunch.do u have problem wit the way it will be run.Which they haven't even decided yet..lets hear why.U claim ur displeasure for something thats not even a thing yet.

Bernzy
01-11-2006, 08:22 PM
:wave: Notorius NIB

Bernzy

JHABS
01-11-2006, 08:24 PM
I make Floaters..........................

JohnR
01-11-2006, 09:15 PM
I make Floaters..........................

Habs - you getting my e-mails????? Got a couple in for you...

thanks

Krispy
01-11-2006, 11:29 PM
NIB, its supposed to be a fun thing. Now its all contentious. I didnt know about last years, and I dont want the aggravation of feeling others not paying up, odd entries, or whatever might/might not happen. For some folks the honor/ethical system is too much to handle.

Pete F.
01-12-2006, 09:05 AM
OK, I'm in pretty much no matter what but here is my last thought on the subject, yea right.
There is an entry fee of one plug that goes to an auction to support the site and you can only enter a fish after your plug is received. Of course that means almost everyone is out two plugs...

NIB
01-12-2006, 09:14 AM
NIB, its supposed to be a fun thing. Now its all contentious. I didnt know about last years, and I dont want the aggravation of feeling others not paying up, odd entries, or whatever might/might not happen. For some folks the honor/ethical system is too much to handle.

Seems like u need a attitude adjustment..U should try to be more open minded.Who cares who pays up or not really the ones who don't know who they are .Its Bad Karma.Its all what we make it.
I have very poor ethics an almost no honor.But I get along.

Krispy
01-12-2006, 09:52 AM
NIB, you ask "why" and then tell me its my fault.?.?
You'd make someone a good wife :uhoh:

NIB
01-12-2006, 08:57 PM
NIB, you ask "why" and then tell me its my fault.?.?
You'd make someone a good wife :uhoh:

See thats funny thats why u should participate.cause its guys like u that make this site so funn/

Nebe
01-13-2006, 08:39 AM
NIB..:hihi:

JohnR
01-13-2006, 10:18 AM
OK, I'm in pretty much no matter what but here is my last thought on the subject, yea right.
There is an entry fee of one plug that goes to an auction to support the site and you can only enter a fish after your plug is received. Of course that means almost everyone is out two plugs...

Thanks for the thought but don't worry about site support with this - you guys figure out what you want to do :btu: and do it... Maybe have a cookout partly thru the year (and go fishing after) where people can bring in there plugs and have someone "organizing" hold them until prize time - just a thought ...

Diamond Tackle
01-13-2006, 11:03 AM
Can someone recap the rules so far please?. I would also like to be in this,but want to make sure im not missing anything ,like "fish must be caught in your home state only"(yes,that was a lighthearted jab at you cape cod boys) .Other than that I'm game. Home made plugs only ,correct? Also, we are going by length? or weight? as someone said "longest fish" earlier,or am i reading it incorrectly. Sorry if these are stupid questions. My point is dont make it so confusing that some new guys may feel even more intimidated.

Nebe
01-13-2006, 11:51 AM
i think the rules are loosely as follows-

longest fish wins, so weigt is not a factor.

only fish caught on your plug qualify- no plastic, Gibbs, etc..

shore fish only, or have 2 divisions - shore and boat

there will be a signup time and a cut off date to enter.

MAC
01-13-2006, 12:02 PM
nebE :D I think one of your rules may be wrong. I believe it states custom wood. (could be made by another builder)

JHABS
01-13-2006, 12:39 PM
I'll Play................ :ss:

ThrowingTimber
01-13-2006, 01:18 PM
Thats the spirit Habs! :cheers:

Nebe
01-13-2006, 03:30 PM
nebE :D I think one of your rules may be wrong. I believe it states custom wood. (could be made by another builder)

ahhh ok then :D

that will allow me to use your chicken scratch pikie :devil:

ThrowingTimber
01-13-2006, 04:40 PM
forklength or tail?

Bernzy
01-13-2006, 04:57 PM
forklength or tail?

Tail length, some forks are deeper than others :think::laugha:

I'm in and only have 11 days to compete.:crying: Hell, I'm gonna give some of you sucka's plugs anyway.........win or lose :rotf2:

Bernzy

Pete F.
01-05-2007, 09:48 PM
I know I did'nt win cuz I never took a pic, and I'm pretty sure I entered.
Did anyone catch a fish:hs: