View Full Version : f^%$*& POST office....

Raven
01-02-2006, 07:15 PM
It is really stupid to raise the postage 2 cents and have to make people wait for pennies. Give me a break. 39 cents...make it 40 cents per stamp $4.00 per 10 $8.00 per book of 20 or 40 dollars per roll of 100... no change needed..wtf is the rational here....jesus h...:doh:

afterhours
01-02-2006, 08:09 PM
...but that would make sense not cents.

Raven
01-02-2006, 08:13 PM
i like the way you think....:rolleyes:

Uncle Matt
01-02-2006, 08:34 PM
For the last three Saturdays prior to Christmas, my family received no mail at all. I asked the postman one day when he decided to deliver my mail and he told me they were backlogged and unable to make all the deliveries. I asked him about the slogan, "through sleet, snow, driving rain, wildfire, etc " and he just shrugged. And he wants .02 more per stamp? Fantastic job if you can get one. I'm jealous...

Bass Babe
01-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Donut prices ending in 9 would be okay. I'll leave a penny. I'll leave more than a penny, actually. But there's no way I'm gonna leave one extra cent to the USPS. I'm thinking we need machines that stamp and receive mail that take credit cards. No waiting for change -- just signatures.

Nebe
01-02-2006, 11:17 PM
Dont worry Raven. If the republicans get their way, the USPS will be privatized and you will be paying over 50 cents a stamp..plus and any mail going to your adress will become a bought and sold comodity...

sorry :hidin:

FishHawk
01-03-2006, 05:30 AM
The service has gotten aweful. I mail a package from the Cape to Western and it took two weeks to get there!!!! Don't waste your money on the tracking feature , they never can track a package until it gets there. So from now on I'm going to use UPS. FishHawk

Mr. Sandman
01-03-2006, 10:19 AM
Delivery? You get your mail delivered? To your house? What a novel concept!
The mail here S T I N K S. People here actually LIKE to go to the PO every friggin day to get their mail. I think it is absurd and I hate to wait in line. People here actually like waiting in the long line at the PO.
What is really bizarre is the adversary relationship each PO has with the other PO on island. I live on the border of two towns and my mailing address is different from my physical address. UPS/FedEx needs to know the physical address the PO needs to know the other. If a screw up occurs my mail ends up at the wrong PO and they "Hold it for my convenience, for two weeks then return it to the sender" they say. I tell them it is not convenient, as many times I don't know you are holding my mail and you don’t tell me you have it and would they please just forward any mail that comes here to the correct PO so I will eventually get it. They say..."sorry, we don't forward the mail we will just hold it for your convenience then return it to the sender...BUT I DON"T KNOW YOU HAVE IT!!! :lossinit: WTF? So now I have to go to two PO's to check my mail.

E-mail is killing them. That is why the rate hikes IMO.

Go email and UPS/Fedex when ever possible. The post office is a Stone Age institution.

Swimmer
01-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Mr. Sandman,
The rod and reel delivery :hee: before Christmas came off without a hitch, so everything else is seocndary.

Swimmer
01-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Whatever happened to the guy about ten years ago that actually had the P.O. running at a profit? He did a great job. That must have been in between cost increases.

Where I live there is a rather large women who works the counter all the time. She is always telling her regulars how her back is injured and hurting. If you walk in and are about eight to ten people back in line and pay attention to what everyone is saying to the counter help thier is not a thing going on in town that you wont know about before you leave.

Raven is right about the penny. No sense over cents.

Raven
01-03-2006, 01:02 PM
when my parents moved us from the suburbs to a small town on the cape....my mother was in the post office filling out a change of address card to submit to our new post office...ok... so as she's standing there writing she over-hears these two women gossiping about our family
and talking about everything they knew so far....with the usual
"you don't says" "you've got to be kiddings" and all that crap.... and we hadn't even lived there a week yet . little did they know that the mother of the family they were talking about was privy to their conversation
and had she been armed with a rolling pin she would have chased them
back to their cars....lol :whackin:

Pete_G
01-03-2006, 04:59 PM
The service has gotten aweful. I mail a package from the Cape to Western and it took two weeks to get there!!!! Don't waste your money on the tracking feature , they never can track a package until it gets there. So from now on I'm going to use UPS. FishHawk

That's why I always ship UPS unless someone specifically requests me to do otherwise. It may cost a little more but I have complete trust in UPS's ability to get a package I ship today to almost anywhere in New England, NY, or NJ tomorrow.

Pete_G
01-03-2006, 05:03 PM
Dont worry Raven. If the republicans get their way, the USPS will be privatized and you will be paying over 50 cents a stamp..plus and any mail going to your adress will become a bought and sold comodity...

sorry :hidin:

And subject to random searches without court approval... :hihi:

Mike P
01-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Here's one I never heard of before. The wife is selling some china on ebay. She has to ship some items. Her son has been bringing boxes home from the bar he works at. She packed an item in an old Pindar wine case, and the Post Office wouldn't accept it--"We don't accept anything packed in a box that used to hold alcoholic beverages" :rollem:

Is this USPS policy all over, or did she just run into some freaky tea-totalling postmaster :confused:

afterhours
01-03-2006, 08:56 PM
same thing with my wife pre- xmas. they would'nt ship in wine box, wtf?

MoroneSaxatilis
01-04-2006, 09:57 AM
This should help explain it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/05/16/national/main695446.shtml

Swimmer
01-04-2006, 12:25 PM
I think the post office most days barely functions.

Saltheart
01-04-2006, 01:31 PM
I don't agree. For 40 cents I can stick a letter in the mail and it gets delivered to LA or Seatle , etc in a couple days. Pretty reliable and cheap compared to other services out there. No , I am not a postal worker but I think they deserve some credit..

afterhours
01-04-2006, 06:50 PM
yup, a letter to the left coast in 4-5 days for .40- bargin.

Raven
01-04-2006, 11:45 PM
empty five gallon water bottles in every post office
for all those spare pennies to automatically be contributed
to the Katrina effort..... called: "Pennies from Heaven"
just to offset the 35 million dollars the feds have already spent
there on expenses....

and geez louise ...i'm stuck at 2632 posts now
all my posts say 2632
i guess i'm bad.... i feel so unworthy now
i must of died or something and will now Haunt S-B
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/gone.jpg

kevin d
01-05-2006, 06:01 PM
You can't really complain about the post office when you realize exactly how much mail they handle...but I still do. :)

UPS isn't tops on my list for shipping stuff. They have managed to break or crush just about 50% of the items being shipped to me.
As for the cost not going up for more than the 2 pennies: If they had raised to a round number it this post would have been about how the scheming, conniving SOBs raised the price to an even number because they were too lazy or stupid to make change.
Don't get me wrong, thay aren't perfect but for the volume of stuff they handle I think they do a pretty good job.