View Full Version : A little school of peanuts

jnski
01-04-2006, 02:08 PM
Here's a few new ones. Montaukmaniac made a sweet peanut in a swap on another board, inspired me to try a few. Just under 4 inches and barely over an ounce. They swim incredibly well, barely under the surface with a nice sexy wiggle. They will hopefully produce well on Long Island's North Shore and the good amount of peanuts we get here in the harbors.

Diggin Jiggin
01-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Nice, Bite sized.... I did some small ones similar to that last year and threw like a 5" ledgerunner on a 6/0 vmc siwash on the back, it had a sick eely motion...

redneck24
01-04-2006, 06:51 PM
:kewl: nice job! lookin good, i should have something to you soon. as soon as i am done with the raffle, i will have some time to finish stuff.

thefishingfreak
01-04-2006, 06:55 PM
nice!!
diggin' that black/silver one

stripercrazy
01-04-2006, 10:59 PM
I just seen the quarter nice size, the bottom blue ones:eyes: my favorite

Tagger
01-05-2006, 06:28 AM
Sweet little plugs,,,

lurch
01-05-2006, 08:03 AM
Just a question...is it possible to have a lure that size but be in a 2oz weight?? Is there a size to weight ratio meaning that a lure 4'' in length can only have a max weight of 1oz because anything over that will cause the lure to sink??

nice lures!!

JFigliuolo
01-05-2006, 08:06 AM
A lure of a certain size (volume V) can only weigh so much. Once it's mass exceeds a certain value Let's say X, then it's density X*V exceeds that of water. Simple physics.

Lower
01-05-2006, 09:04 AM
jnski...those look nice. Cool little plug.

Weight to size thing can be interesting. I working on a 4" Danny. Right now its around an ounce. Swims and looks nice, but I am looking for more weight. If you add too much weight it gets pulled under. So on the next round I'm going to fatten her up and add a bit to the length.

jnski
01-05-2006, 09:18 AM
Thanks guys. I am actually suprised at how well they cast for a metal lip, I guess it's the compact size. I put a teeny bit of lead for a pivot point right behind the belly hook in two of them, and the other two, right in front of the belly hook. Both ways they swim nicely, the ones with weight toward the front make the tail end stick up a bit, like a wounded baitfish trying to swim down, inadvertent cool side effect. I love when that happens!
as for the weight thing, these are AYC so pretty bouyant, I might be able to get away with a bit more lead to increase the weight, but I wouldn't want to mess with it too much, more lead and I think it would kill the action.