View Full Version : show your stuff

Goose
01-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Wake up in here. Hoping somebody would start posting some pics ideas. Besides blank advice this forum is dead.

Heres another 9' that I chopped to 7'6",, was a 1088 RS. I luv'um so much I had to have one for the boat. Big plugs.:heybaby: ya never I may run out of bait.

I know the wrap is called (?) axis but I'm not sure what how many. daaaaa:wall:

fishaholic18
01-05-2006, 05:11 PM
Stars I did a while back.

Raven
01-05-2006, 07:40 PM
of my custom rod....but i didnt make it...

i wish i was that talented...

but i guess that wouldnt count huh?

shadow
01-06-2006, 08:10 AM
goose nice job w/ the wrap around the guides looks like celtic.I like the little white in there nice touch.

libassboy
01-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Goose, that underwrap is sweet, nice little details, great work!

Goose
01-06-2006, 01:46 PM
Dam Dave that came out wicked nice. You got the star's and the stripers:D

striperman36
01-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Wake up in here. Hoping somebody would start posting some pics ideas. Besides blank advice this forum is dead.

Heres another 9' that I chopped to 7'6",, was a 1088 RS. I luv'um so much I had to have one for the boat. Big plugs.:heybaby: ya never I may run out of bait.

I know the wrap is called (?) axis but I'm not sure what how many. daaaaa:wall:

Do u cut the tip or butt? down? looks nice.

Goose
01-06-2006, 06:02 PM
I took 4" off the tip, the rest off the butt. It feels a little more stout. I was advised 'not' to do any cutting but to instead go with a blank more suited for the job. A couple of other builders here have also cut down 9'ers and luv'um. I did the same to a 9' st. croix few years ago and the rod is the balls, slingin eels and livelining, its been my go to stick on the boat. There's something about a rod when you break the rules of rod building and make it truely custom.

fishaholic18
01-06-2006, 06:26 PM
I took 4" off the tip, the rest off the butt. It feels a little more stout. I was advised 'not' to do any cutting but to instead go with a blank more suited for the job. A couple of other builders here have also cut down 9'ers and luv'um. I did the same to a 9' st. croix few years ago and the rod is the balls, slingin eels and livelining, its been my go to stick on the boat. There's something about a rod when you break the rules of rod building and make it truely custom.
I did a couple like that. Love 'em.

striperman36
01-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Spinning or conv? throwing wood?