View Full Version : So Anyways

redcrbbr
01-07-2006, 09:06 AM
About 2 weeks before christmas I have an very intense pain in my stomach, I mean almost called the ambulance. I had my gall bladder removed about 4-5 years ago and the pain was identical. So off to the walk-in the wife and I go. I explain to the nurse practioner my history of stomach problems and how once i burped the pain subsided. Next thing i know she is hooking me up to ekg saying she thinks i may have had a heart attack.
I'm no dummy and am pretty familiar with symptoms of a heart attack or stroke, which I didn't experience any. But her being an almost doctor I follow her lead and the next day ended up doing stress tests and having radioactive dye movies taken of my heart. (I passed @108%). Sooo a full 10 days and 2 more gas attacks go by, it is now getting close to Christmas and I am waiting for some kind of a phone call with the results..(yea right!!!) So after I call them and waited on hold for about a half hour to 45 minutes untill the nurse comes on and says all my test are good and to have a Merry Christmas.
I ask her about my stomach pain (you gonna love this!!) She says " Oh your gonna have to come back in for that, would you like to make an appointment?"(I did keep my cool)
I already had made an appointment with my doctor, and now after about a month I go in this monday for surgery to remove what the doctor seems to think were 1 or 2 gallstones left behind when they removed my gall bladder and are clogging up the plumbing near my liver.
What pissed me off the most was this Nurse practioner acted like she never heard a word I said and more like they needed to make a payment on one of the new machines they had bought in the office.
I will fill you folks in with the rest of the story as it happens.

basswipe
01-07-2006, 09:45 AM
That's definitely so righteous grumpage.

redcrbbr
01-10-2006, 02:45 PM
well they went in with the roto router and cleared the blockage yesterday. other than a sore stomach and the trots i feel fine. hopefully it took care of the problem. doc even took some pics for me to bring home.

Mike P
01-10-2006, 04:26 PM
Did they do the procedure where they slip you the happy juice in an IV and put the micro-instruments down your throat to open up the bile duct and catch the stones in a little basket?

Saltheart
01-10-2006, 06:55 PM
Hope your feeling better Crabber. The thing that kills me is they charge about $500 an hour to guess at what's wrongs with you. I don't mind paying a true expert but guessing should be free!! :)

Slingah
01-11-2006, 09:40 PM
geez...hope you fell better rdcrabbr, and they fixed your problem

redcrbbr
01-12-2006, 10:40 AM
mike, that was what they did except according to the surgeon(real nice and professional guy btw) he opened up the duct and lets the stone (largest one he'd seen in quite some time) pass thru my system. did experience some sharp pains up till today and am planning on returning to work today.
thank you all for your concerns

Clammer
01-12-2006, 12:27 PM
BOB / i,m real glad to hear that it was finally taken care of ... but be careful /ya starting to sound like its the beginning of [CLAMMER} adventures & even you -you old bait dunker /don,t want to start on that path >>><><.

Raven
01-31-2006, 08:41 PM
redcrabber...

yeah they want to test you to death...

every test imaginable it seems

lets do a cat scan no an MRI

no an EKG with radioactive dye...

no lets...