View Full Version : 73 Lb

striprman
01-08-2006, 01:43 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/steveg50/bigfishjpeg.jpg

my friend with Tony S. fish from a few years ago.

thefishingfreak
01-08-2006, 01:56 AM
dude holding out a mount.
sure to raise some brows.
digtal pic of digital print. :lurk:
nice mount none the least,

striprman
01-08-2006, 02:02 AM
I thought it was a interesting picture.

Slipknot
01-08-2006, 09:39 AM
BERTHA! :btu:

she was a helluva fish.
did you see her sister too?

Karl F
01-08-2006, 09:50 AM
Donny the truck driver in Tones shop :D...
:kewl:

We all lust after Bertha, or one of her fat sisters :)

Offshore
01-08-2006, 11:11 AM
There is nothing like walking through Tony's door and immediately being surrounded by Bertha and others and pictures of same.

libassboy
01-08-2006, 01:59 PM
What a beast, and on 17lb test.....musta been quite the fight.

Mike P
01-08-2006, 03:20 PM
What a beast, and on 17lb test.....musta been quite the fight.

A few weeks before Tony's fish, Steve Petri from Lindenhurst (the guy who used to--or still does--make those flounder shaped lures) set the 16# class line record with a 69#. I think Petri was using 15# test pink Ande on a Penn 750, and the line met the 16# specs. Same general area. There was a short run of more 50+ fish that year than most people had ever seen before or since. Tony's fish came after that blitz had quieted down--first week of November, I think. I know he was into cod that night as well as bass ;)

It was also the same year as the famous "Columbus Day Blitz" on the Vineyard, where a 50 didn't even get you on the daily Derby board, let alone the Grand :eek5:

striprman
01-08-2006, 03:51 PM
Donny the truck driver in Tones shop :D...

Donny is a "good guy". He loves to fish (just like us all)

winchmaster
01-08-2006, 04:17 PM
That paper looks folded
:jump:

kingr
01-09-2006, 05:56 AM
I purchased a Mr. Wiggly lure designed by Tony S. and his dad nothing against him but I had high hopes and dreams of catching the big one. Well after about ten casts I noticed one of the eyes fell out and the paint in the jointed section chipped off I tried to e-mail Tony to let him know that the quality of his lures was sub-standard and maybe he should look for a new vendor to produce his product I had no luck as the e-mail was returned from a mailer damon saying the address was no longer valid, The lures are being produced in the phillipines so if anyone knows Tony maybe you could pass that message along.
Thanks.

janiejones
01-09-2006, 10:44 AM
That's a bloody big fish. :pop:

slapshot
01-09-2006, 11:29 AM
I bought one of those lures too. Mine hangs on the wall as a work of art, I'll probably never fish it.

sini
01-09-2006, 09:54 PM
I fish with Tony lures 3 years mr wigle and 7&9 needle and hawe no problem In another hand I have problem with Salty's needle's fish.after coupe cast no more eyes.

J-golden
01-09-2006, 10:29 PM
i saw her sister. a little younger; but still a babe:uhuh:

Karl F
01-09-2006, 10:39 PM
Welcome aboard.
don't think I've ever met you, but if you are the sini I have heard of that fishes the outer beaches, well, lets just say, all I've heard is Good of you. :kewl: Hope to met you someday.

Of lures and eyes...
All custom & production lures, IMHO, if "fished" will have paint/eye/hardware issues eventually, nature of the beast, especially if you catch fish, or bang rocks with them. One small builder, who sells a few, told me, and I will never forget this, gets a call...

"Dude, I've caught so many fish on that plug I bought from you, the paint is coming off."...

That's a problem???? Loved his answer, he said repeat the first part, JUST the first part of what you said..."You've caught so many fish"....
:hihi:

I remember being upset years ago when the paint came off my rebel windcheaters... till I figured out that the "bone" color was actually better in some circumstances........ :D

Slipknot
01-09-2006, 11:02 PM
welcome sini :wavey: I heard good things about your fishing prowess also :)

Like Karl said, stuff happens to plugs.
Different batches sometimes get different results.

sini, some earlier batches of saltys plugs had a few issues with eyes coming off due to bad batch of glue, the issue was resolved. just stick some new eyes on or fish them blind, they'll still work.

kingr, maybe you got an early model or something. Did you try striperman3@aol.com email? good luck

justplugit
01-09-2006, 11:35 PM
Welcome aboard.
don't think I've ever met you, but if you are the sini I have heard of that fishes the outer beaches, well, lets just say, all I've heard is Good of you. :kewl: Hope to met you someday

t.orlando
01-09-2006, 11:47 PM
Welcome aboard Sini............................bout time.

sini
01-10-2006, 05:43 PM
Tanks Slip, Karl ,justplugit and of corse Toni (hope you fill beter) . i did't mean to complain about Salty's plugs I love them. I glue eye's next day and they are ok. My point is small problems can hapend to any plugs ,I will buy Salty's plugs in future because they helped me to catch a lot of stripers. Karl & slip I heard only good obout you to..Outer cape is whot I like the best .I can walk and injoy the nature.

vineyardblues
01-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Not a good pic, But It's a small shop :)

With BIG FISH :bgi:

VB

Karl F
01-10-2006, 07:11 PM
VB :kewl:

yeah it's small, gotta go outside to change your mind :hihi:
first thing that hits ya is the wall of bass, then that monster trout....
then the paintings, carvings, oh yeah, the plugs hanging along the back wall.....

last spring, I'm gassin' with Tone about smoking trout.... guy walks in... ya know how ya gotta shift out of the way when a third party comes in... he looks around..
"Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was the Print shop."

:rotf2: :hihi:.....

tynan19
01-10-2006, 07:17 PM
Welcome aboard Sini, Fished a night with Tony, Mike and yourself this summer on an outer beach.

sini
01-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Hy Tynan.Of course I remember. Balston and anther secret spot .Tanks for extra eels.

vineyardblues
01-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Your to funny Karl.
Welcome Sini :)
T-19 you fish with everyone !
VB

RI Popper
01-10-2006, 08:06 PM
A few weeks before Tony's fish, Steve Petri from Lindenhurst (the guy who used to--or still does--make those flounder shaped lures) set the 16# class line record with a 69#. I think Petri was using 15# test pink Ande on a Penn 750, and the line met the 16# specs. Same general area. There was a short run of more 50+ fish that year than most people had ever seen before or since. Tony's fish came after that blitz had quieted down--first week of November, I think. I know he was into cod that night as well as bass ;)

It was also the same year as the famous "Columbus Day Blitz" on the Vineyard, where a 50 didn't even get you on the daily Derby board, let alone the Grand :eek5:

Mike those are the stories that make you feel warm inside. The stuff you only wish you could try to accomplish but are affraid to at the same time because your not sure you could get it in?? All I can say is WOW. great stuff.
Armand

Offshore
01-11-2006, 09:49 AM
Did a recent google search looking for a clear picture of Bertha. Unfortunately, the only one I found was under copyright and I couldn't lift/post it.

Crow
01-12-2006, 05:35 PM
If I'm not mistaken the 3rd mount on Tony's wall is of a 60+ fish (the other 2 are of Bertha) it always amazed how small it looks compared to the 73.

5/0
01-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Hey Sini it's about time you jumped on,how you been?We'll have to hook up next season.

Bob

Offshore
01-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Slipknot,

That's also a great picture at Tony's of you and Bertha. Why don't you post a copy of it.

I was at Tony's this morning and he promised to dig out one of his photos of him with Bertha the day it was caught and email it to me so I could post it here.

Slipknot
01-12-2006, 07:52 PM
Bill I don't have any picture of me and Bertha :huh: I don't ever remember anyone taking a pic of me and that mount. Maybe that was Bassmaster in the picture.

That would be great if he gets out that old picture to post it.:kewl:

Offshore
01-12-2006, 08:30 PM
Sorry, he told me it was you and, since I've never met either of you that I know of, I wouldn't know the difference.

Karl F
01-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Picture of Tony S. and Bertha, the morning after, taken by Tony C. on da beach.

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=5944&d=1103373868

Slipknot
01-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Sorry, he told me it was you and, since I've never met either of you that I know of, I wouldn't know the difference.

OK, maybe it is

this is what I look like, a fish from this year at the ditch

http://www.bmwoodworking.com/brucefishing/40c.jpg

he may have taken a picture but I really don't remember.

Offshore
01-13-2006, 09:44 AM
Picture of Tony S. and Bertha, the morning after, taken by Tony C. on da beach.

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=5944&d=1103373868

That's it. Thanks for posting it, Karl.

Offshore
01-13-2006, 09:47 AM
OK, maybe it is

this is what I look like, a fish from this year at the ditch

http://www.bmwoodworking.com/brucefishing/40c.jpg

he may have taken a picture but I really don't remember.

No, the guy holding Bertha was a bit older but, I met you at the canal this past Fall. I think you came buy one night I was with Quahog Bob talking to BobG and BDowning or whatever. Nice fish.

RI Popper
01-13-2006, 12:22 PM
OK, maybe it is

this is what I look like, a fish from this year at the ditch.

Watch out Brad Pitt, a new STAR is on the rise.:lurk:

vineyardblues
01-13-2006, 02:00 PM
That's a CapeCod lap dance south of turo!
lol:faga:

redlite
01-14-2006, 02:04 PM
SINNNNNNNIIIIIIII-
Welcome buddy.

I'll get you the picks from the nite with us and T-bag......Nice Rack.

Karl F
01-15-2006, 09:42 AM
Saw the picture of TS's this years 60 caught on his pink needlefish.
Another nice Big Girl.

Bill, did Tony have that one at the shop? I saw it at my mechanics shop, of all places... I know he works on Tone's buggy too.

Backbeach Jake
01-15-2006, 09:47 AM
That's a CapeCod lap dance south of turo!
lol:faga:
Cape Cod Lap Dance! I'm using that!

Offshore
01-15-2006, 11:04 AM
Saw the picture of TS's this years 60 caught on his pink needlefish.
Another nice Big Girl.

Bill, did Tony have that one at the shop? I saw it at my mechanics shop, of all places... I know he works on Tone's buggy too.

There was a picture there of Tony and the other guy with two of the three big fish. It was there around Christmas, but I don't recall seeing it last week.