View Full Version : Very Clearly A COOOOL popper

RI Popper
01-09-2006, 04:47 PM
Anyone every smell "Diamonds" by Liz Tayloer?? check this out:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Got some feed back by guys who fish School Tuna in the Gulf of Mexico who say they want a bunch! So the bass Question? what will the lines-siders think:confused:

Nebe
01-09-2006, 05:10 PM
i think you might get alot of tail hookups as the tailhook stands out so much.

very nice plug :D

NJJB417
01-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Do you turn them or pour them?? Sweet looken:humpty: :uhuh:

RI Popper
01-10-2006, 12:55 AM
Actual it's lead crystal and Eben blows them LOL Just kidding. I turn them and then sand, sand, wet sand, and polish-polish-polish- then for the mouth I used a little oil base Red and actually just brush it on.

Here is a BIG HEAVY black popper I just sold to a nice guy down in Georgia for Tuna.

Armand

Nebe
01-10-2006, 08:49 AM
Nice eyes!!:conf:

Flaptail
01-10-2006, 10:39 AM
Very Cool! One thing I found throwing poppers for tuna is that the ones that float catch better. Got floater?

Bliz
01-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Nice Stuff Armand...

Clearly, that is an interesting popper!

RI Popper
01-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Very Cool! One thing I found throwing poppers for tuna is that the ones that float catch better. Got floater?

There is the quagmire. I have alwayse loved the floating poppers myslef. But these definately aren't floaters. My wooden ones are :) but these like atom do not.

Bliz
01-10-2006, 12:08 PM
I'll be coming out with a line of Tuna Bombs later this year...

Floaters for sure! :btu:

I really like the black ones you're doing armand!

Those will do very well!

Christian
01-10-2006, 12:52 PM
nice!!
wonder how a clear plug would do at night compared to the black.

RI Popper
01-10-2006, 01:14 PM
Thanks Don, I didn't abadnon my classic wooden line. Too many people have caught tooo many fish on them and would :hang: me if I didn't make anymore.

Very interesting Christian, I am wondering the same thing. I'll have to get one to a good night fisherman to see what they do? Any volunteers? Maybe RIRockhound or Mike or???

Armand

spence
01-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Probably a great launcher for a teaser into a huge wind. Very cool...

-spence

Flaptail
01-10-2006, 02:08 PM
nice!!
wonder how a clear plug would do at night compared to the black.
I know a couple guys who sand all the paint off of the clear with green over Superstrike needles and do very very well at night. Your on the right track there Christian!

RIROCKHOUND
01-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Armand, any time buddy anytime..
got needle?

RI Popper
01-10-2006, 06:55 PM
Armand, any time buddy anytime..
got needle?

Got Needle WRONG question should be What color needle?? you name it.

thefishingfreak
01-10-2006, 07:43 PM
:love: awesome!

pbadad
01-10-2006, 09:03 PM
Clear needle on a moonlit nite! As soon as I figure how to post a picture I will show you my version of a 7" clear needle. It cast like a buttet , but it's a fast sinker.

RI Popper
01-10-2006, 10:09 PM
I've actually played around and made a couple clear needles myself. I think the best bet is definatley to drip some red paint down through the center hole just to give it some sex-appeal :bounce: :bounce: match that with Red or Amber eyes and a red bucktail and :bounce: your bouncing

pbadad
01-10-2006, 10:40 PM
I did these needles last winter on a wim. I was down the basement and found a 3/4 " plexi rod. A flash came to me. At first it was a novelty until a read an article on plug colors. Author mentioned that if a plug was clear it may work on bright moon nites. I made a spare, put in red eyes with a rubber skirted tail hook. The color dropping in the wire hole,going end to end would look cool. I like your colored needles in the previous posts. Where do you purchase colored plexi rod? Keep those great plug designs coming. Hope to get a picture on the thread of my needle shortly.

pbadad
01-10-2006, 11:06 PM
My clear needle.

Duke41
01-11-2006, 07:30 AM
Here is a BIG HEAVY black popper I just sold to a nice guy down in Georgia for Tuna.

Armand[/QUOTE]

A dollar for that lure what a rip-off!!:rotf3:

RI Popper
01-11-2006, 08:33 AM

Armand

A dollar for that lure what a rip-off!!:rotf3:[/QUOTE]

Descriminating clientel :hf1: I think he was into real estate!

piemma
01-11-2006, 08:54 AM
RIROCKHOUND has so many plugs he can't fish all that he has.:laugha:

JohnR
01-11-2006, 10:16 AM
Armand - continuously showing commercial products is really knocking on the edge of spam - OK, it is actually going over the top. If you want to discuss some of the finer aspects of plug making that is one thing. Displaying and constantly refering to your commercial sales of your commercial plug biz (and to the extent that this has been happening lately) is against the rules of the site about commercial advertising. I want you to understand that you are encouraged to be here, but not as a place to show off your commercial wares. Isn't that reasonable?

Some people I am working with that may become sponsors at some time and a few of my existing sponsors have expressed interest as to why you are posting significant commercial work on S-B.

Some people have discussed being sponsors with me so if Don Bliz shows something he is working on, up to this point we've had a little bit of an understanding as he will be a sponsor here (in fact - Don - Call Me) and has some limited officially "approved" spamming capabilities :hihi: .

If anyone else feels the need to call out someone else for SPAM - please refer it to me first :huh: :D - Thanks!

RI Popper
01-11-2006, 10:38 AM
OK John no problem with me. I've tried to help show guys how to build the stuff I build. I've given them the sights to purchase the products I use and advice on how to do it. If some of the sponsors are haveing issue with that, I won't post my stuff simple. But if anyone has questions for me please ask, I'm alwayse willing to help all I can. By the way when your looking for more donations, just ask.

Armand

piemma
01-11-2006, 10:47 AM
another thread in the ol' dumper....

RIROCKHOUND
01-11-2006, 11:36 AM
RIROCKHOUND has so many plugs he can't fish all that he has.:laugha:

Thats true; except I fish the same 3 or 4 all the time :huh:

JohnR
01-11-2006, 05:41 PM
OK John no problem with me. I've tried to help show guys how to build the stuff I build. I've given them the sights to purchase the products I use and advice on how to do it. If some of the sponsors are haveing issue with that, I won't post my stuff simple. But if anyone has questions for me please ask, I'm alwayse willing to help all I can. By the way when your looking for more donations, just ask.

Armand

Armand, please understand that the line is even finer when you have a commercial plug company. The quality of your work is not at debate but what is appropriate to push and advertise, soft or not. The fact that you give information here that people can learn from or that information you gather here may eventually make into your plug is what I think we want. I want you to enjoy it and I want others to enjoy conversing online with you. What is unfair to those that keep the lights on thru sponsorship his having you posting "advertising" comments and displaying your product lines.

Again, it is a very fine line and easy to lose sight of, in my opinion it is also trying to strike the best balance of what is best for the site... I don't always do it but I do strive for it....

Thanks,

John

RI Popper
01-11-2006, 07:38 PM
Well put my friend if you see me stumbling on that line give me the internet sobriety test. If you have room at the sponsorship table for another lure builder give me a shout. ;)