View Full Version : Outer Banks vacation

RIJIMMY
01-11-2006, 03:02 PM
Looking to head to the Outer Banks for the first time in early Sept. with my family. Weather seems good at that time and the prices of rentals go down.
Anyone familair with the area? I was thinking of the town of Duck, beaches and town look nice. I'm planning this trip fro my family without any prior knowledge of the area, so any advice via post or PM would be greatly appreciated. :)

RIROCKHOUND
01-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Duck is nice. A bit more out of the way then Kitty Hawk or Kill Devils Hills...
I have yet to fish there, was there for academic reasons the last time I was there

RIJIMMY
01-11-2006, 03:27 PM
most likely wont be fishing much, may take the yak to throw in the sound for some fish.

Sea Dangles
01-11-2006, 04:39 PM
My broyher stayed in D when he was down tuna fishing out of the Oregon inlet,said it was beautiful.

Slingah
01-12-2006, 07:07 AM
Ive been to the area multiple times and lived close by for a short time. Its all nice.
Its a little quieter when kids go back to school...thats when I like it.
Ive stayed in Duck as well....nice place....cant loose

01-12-2006, 05:55 PM
September isn't a bad month to vacation here. The temps will still be in the upper 70s to low 80s ocean temps will be upper 60s and the mobs of tourist will have thinned out. Fishing wise you can look for bluefish, spanish mackeral, schoolie stripers, and maybe some albies.

If you make it down look me up maybe we can sneak out fishing. BTW Duck is beautiful but it's a big dollar community and considered the most expensive..

Now if you want to really fish NOW is the time to come to the OBX the striper blitz is getting into full swing here.

tynan19
01-14-2006, 04:13 PM
Stayed in Duck two summers ago. Great place. Less crowded than the other towns but that is a good thing. Beaches are nice but with September there might be some storms.

Drive through liquor stores are also a big hit.
How many family members are going? We rented a house with about 18 people. Plenty of room for everyone. The houses down there are awesome. Most have inground pools and jacuzzi's. They also have a club house at the end of the road near the ocean. These also have showers and indoor pools. I would suggest getting a brouchure through a realter and look at all the different rental oppurtunities.

tynan19
01-14-2006, 04:17 PM
http://www.carolinadesigns.com/cdfinal/asp/includes/oneprop.asp

The place we stayed at was Deja Blue. You can see it by scrolling through the names of the rentals at the bottom left side of the page. September looks like a good month pricewise.

Carolinadesigns was a good company to go through.