View Full Version : A cautionary tale

denport
01-17-2006, 01:32 PM
I really need an outlet to pitch a fit. My car was stolen the Thursday after Thanksgiving between 11pm and 2am from my driveway right on rt 6 in Eastham. Of course, like an idiot, I was loading it up to take to a painting job the next morning, so it had a full assortment of tools worth about $600, and I got a phone call from an old fishin buddy I haven't heard from in years. We talked for a few hours and I forgot all about the car being unlocked, and the keys still being in the ignition. Thankfully, I took out my poles {fresh & salt} to fit the other stuff in. Unfortunately, I did not remove any of my plugs, boxes, terminal, etc. {fresh & salt} from the trunk. There goes another $400+. I also had $212 in rolled change in the back to take to the bank the next day. Of course my insurance did not include theft. I mean realy, why should I pay for theft? There's no chance it will get stolen, right? Right? Not so much.
The worst part is that I know who stole it, and the police do not seem to agree. About a month before it was stolen, I had to ask my roommate to leave after owing me $2.250 in back rent that I will never get. He was displeased to say the least. He had called and left me messages that he was going to "get even". My girlfriend and her son both saw his car in my driveway, next to my car, the day it was stolen. The liscense plate was run by police at Stop/Shop in Yarmouth {where he is now staying} at 2:15am and in it was a "person fitting his description" and a very short white haired lady{his mother}. They keep strange hours.
A friend called me on Friday congratulating me on getting my car back. I was obviously perplexed. My car was in my driveway this past Thursday. For at least 10 minutes. So I called the officer and left a message for him to please get in touch with me. And I called the next day. And I called today too. Hopefully he might call me back sometime. And maybe they will tell me where he lives so I can get my d@mn car back myself. But I've tried that already and for some reason they don't want to tell me.
But if anyone happens to run across a dark blue '92 Grand Marquis, with the center caps missing from the wire hubcaps, and a 4" scrape running down the bottom of the passenger side, possibly with 32P A15 liscense plate, please contact your local police.
:behead:

basswipe
01-17-2006, 04:29 PM
Call the State Police if the yocal cops are that inept.

Backbeach Jake
01-17-2006, 05:10 PM
I agree with BW. Sometimes the local boys can't get the donut. The Staties will take auto theft serious.

denport
01-18-2006, 10:22 AM
Never even thought of that. They especially love showing up the locals. Thanks