View Full Version : i took the best picture yesterday!

Katie
01-17-2006, 04:06 PM
i was playing around with dad's digital outside and i got a really cool pic..

reelecstasy
01-17-2006, 04:14 PM
That is a great pic....

hooked
01-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Cool photo.

The Dad Fisherman
01-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Nice Pic :uhuh:

chris L
01-17-2006, 04:32 PM
awesome katie ! there are no better pictures than nature doing its own thing with out us interfering . have you ever thought about a photo class in school or dont they do that any longer ?

Katie
01-17-2006, 05:12 PM
thanks guys..! thats like a once in a lifetime kind of shot, i'm still amazed i got it!

awesome katie ! there are no better pictures than nature doing its own thing with out us interfering . have you ever thought about a photo class in school or dont they do that any longer ?

lol i'm taking photography in school right now.. i shoot film, develop it myself, print'em.. i do everything.. its really fun i enjoy it a lot.. but yea they're still doing it, i'll try and scan some of my pics in tomorrow..:wiggle:

Christian
01-17-2006, 06:13 PM
thats awsome:uhuh:

spence
01-17-2006, 06:54 PM
Should have been followed with...

I just took up hunting and was playing around with Dad's new shotgun :humpty: :hee:

I think the color contrast in the depth of field really makes the shot. Great that you're learning how real photography works...it makes using the digital gear much more rewarding...

Nice work.

-spence

Squid kids Dad
01-17-2006, 07:19 PM
Nice picture

Katie
01-17-2006, 09:04 PM
Should have been followed with...

I just took up hunting and was playing around with Dad's new shotgun :humpty: :hee:

I think the color contrast in the depth of field really makes the shot. Great that you're learning how real photography works...it makes using the digital gear much more rewarding...

Nice work.

-spence

:hihi: i can't touch the shotgun till i'm 18.. fine with me :) i love photography almost as much as web design, it might become a second profession for me..

sok
01-17-2006, 09:41 PM
That's with an SLR?
I hope. (There may be hope for the next generation yet.)
You did say you had to develop film.
Great picture.
I bought a tripod just for a shot like that.
Don't have it yet.

Katie
01-17-2006, 09:58 PM
the camera i used i dont know the info on it except that its an HP.. but i used to zoom on it..so i was about 15 or 20 feet away and it was perfect..

sok
01-17-2006, 10:37 PM
SLR=single lense reflex
35 mm
Rolls of film that had to be threaded into the camera.
?
Feeling older by the minute.
Developing film = dark room & toxic chemicals?

Slingah
01-18-2006, 04:06 PM
that is a cool shot Katie....we have alot of cardnials around too!

justplugit
01-18-2006, 06:16 PM
Katie, that is an unbelievable shot.:) A friend of mine is a wildlife photographer and woulld wait days in a blind for a shot like that. He has won numerous awards and has a site at John Gill Photograpy if you want to check it out. Keep up the good work. :)

SolOmoN
01-18-2006, 08:45 PM
I have it on my desktop... sweet shot!

sol...

Mr. Sandman
01-18-2006, 09:14 PM
Nice shot! You can email it to ezprints.com and have them print a poster size in full res for a modest price. I use them all the time, everyone will be amazed that it is a digial. They UPS a tube to you in a couple days.

I take a lot of photos and all with digital now. I have not taken a film shot in 5 years. In my view some of the digitals now exceed what film can do and they are far more cost effective and are far more environmentally friendly then film!

My SLR digital is amazing...but I have to say 90% of what I take is with my pocket camera because it is portable and rugged and it is hard to tell the difference between the two. (BUT for optics (zoom and wide angle ability)...SLR digital is the winner by far, it also has a huge buffer where you can snap shots like machine gun fire) But again, on the boat and in the field....I have the pocket dig. I have only taken the SLR on board once and then it was in the case most of the time.

Anyway... nice shot!!

Katie
01-18-2006, 09:26 PM
thanks..! once i get some money i can spend i definitly want to get it printed.. i just finished shooting my last roll of film for this semester.. i scanned in some of my prints but then i couldnt figure out how to resize pictures in paint. but i couldnt figure it out so i'll use adobe on them tomorrow. i definitly think i found a second hobby i can do that doesnt containt a lot of stress..

Saltheart
01-19-2006, 09:04 AM
Good job Katie. Great Picture!

Katie
01-25-2006, 12:25 PM
i scanned a few in, not my best but they still look good.. :o

Katie
01-25-2006, 12:25 PM
And 2 more...:rolleyes:

Katie
01-25-2006, 12:28 PM
And of course... the famous dog picture... :laugha:

JohnR
01-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Nice job Katie! :btu:

Katie
01-25-2006, 09:57 PM
thanks..!

justplugit
01-25-2006, 10:12 PM
Composition is great! You have talent worth pursuing. :)

Karl F
01-25-2006, 10:15 PM
Katie.. Great pictures.. you have "the eye"

PS.. love the dog shot.. meybe I've been around goldens too much, but I think I can read it's mind... :hihi:.. classic pose... :kewl:

macojoe
01-25-2006, 10:24 PM
Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katie
01-26-2006, 10:14 AM
My teacher has said i "have the eye" also, but i think i'll just keep it as a hobby for now, and keep taking it in school.. its a fun class, it helps me look forward to going to school, but today is my last day in the class because finals are today, but i did the photo final yesterday, so i get to hang out on the computer in class:cputin: I have this one picture that my teacher and everyone i know thinks is "Remarkable" I'll try and scan it in sometime next week.. photography is really fun i like it, always have loved taking pictures.. but now i know that i have a knack for it, and its not going to go away for a long time, its here to stay.. :lurk:

Katie
01-26-2006, 10:15 AM
Katie.. Great pictures.. you have "the eye"

PS.. love the dog shot.. meybe I've been around goldens too much, but I think I can read it's mind... :hihi:.. classic pose... :kewl:

the only dogs we have had are goldens, i sometimes know what he's thinking but here i'm not sure.. :faga:

Striperknight
01-26-2006, 11:38 AM
Your school should have a photo club or yearbook staff. Join one and you will have a a blast.

Katie
01-26-2006, 12:07 PM
Your school should have a photo club or yearbook staff. Join one and you will have a a blast.

we have yearbook staff and i would join, but i don't have a ride to get home..:huh:

no photo club.. :confused:

justplugit
01-26-2006, 12:24 PM
photography is really fun i like it, always have loved taking pictures.. but now i know that i have a knack for it, and its not going to go away for a long time, its here to stay.. :lurk:

Yup, like Karl and your teacher said, you have the eye. Like you say,
it's something that's fun and you enjoy it. All the more reason you will be sucessful at it Katie. :btu: Plus havin and lovin Goldens won't hurt either. :doh: :D

chris L
01-26-2006, 01:26 PM
those are some good shots katie . you definately have the eye . it wont go away , it only gets more refined . one thing that makes a picture more interesting is to offset your subject ( subject not directly in middle of photo . just like you did with the girl walkng down the road . by moving her up nearer the top of the photo you give the idea of her walking off the picture . with plenty of road behind her maybe indicating that she has walked a long way . by moving her to the bottom it may give the illusion of her having a long road ahead of her . if she was centered it would just be her back . is she walking ? to ? or from ?

keep it up . Its fun and will give you some great memeories of moments in your life .