View Full Version : how to stop unwanted faxes?

thefishingfreak
01-19-2006, 10:23 AM
every day here at the shop there must be 5 or 6 spam faxes. so every day my secretary has to call 5 or 6 different #'s to remove us. next day,,, same thing, 5 more junk faxes from 5 more different #'s..

is there like a national "do not fax" list ?

Saltheart
01-19-2006, 10:28 AM
I hate that. i used to get some when i was out of the office that were whole catalogs. they would use up all the paper in the machine so the important ones couldn't come through. I don't know how you can stop it if you are not there.

Slipknot
01-19-2006, 11:04 AM
I hate that too and I actually changed my fax number and they still call. I don't understand how they got my new number. It is wicked annoying. Maybe they have some automated thing doing it. I don't bother calling those phone numbers at the bottom to be removed because then it's kinda like spam emails, now they know it's a real fax number and they probably sell it.
I listed my all numbers on the national do not call listing. I wish their fax numbers would show up but most times they don't, I can torture them back with faxes and tie up their machine and use up their ink film cartridges that cost a fortune :af: :nailem:

now I unplug the damn thing and plug it in when I need to send out stuff.

Saltheart
01-19-2006, 11:22 AM
That was essentially my solution. Turn it off all together and only turn it on when sending and when someone calls ahead to tell me they are sending a fax. My new fax i don't even plug into the phone jack except when I want to use it.

UserRemoved1
01-19-2006, 11:29 AM
Slip has it. Don't reply to them as now they know you got it and they'll keep sending and or sell your name to someone else.

#1 reason....DON'T advertise your fax number. People get paid to mine this information in any way they can....advertising, the net, whatever.

I have been 1.5 years JUNK FAX FREE and my customers have no problem faxing if they call and get the number or I give it to them. Most seem to understand.

Mr. Sandman
01-19-2006, 12:04 PM
What a PITA these junk faxes are! I am getting one as I post this!! I have been calling the numbers on the bottom of the page saying remove this number...but it works for a week and then I get them again. I just put all my #'s on the do not call reg (home/office/fax) and I hope that helps.

Anyone want my "Free trip to Disneyland" ?:nailem:

Karl F
01-19-2006, 12:37 PM
I agree.. only way it works, is unplug it. the people whom you do business with, will understand, call the shop # first, wait for you to plug it in, then fax.. pull the plug after.
We have done it that way at work for several years now, otherwise, you go thru reams of paper for spamfax.

eastendlu
01-19-2006, 12:53 PM
Go to efax easier and you can treat them like e-mail.