View Full Version : QuantumReels

fishermanjim
01-19-2006, 04:29 PM
Does anyone use the Quantum Cabo reels? the conventional reels,,, have seen them,,, a little pricey for a Quantum i think,,, looking for some feedback

reelecstasy
01-19-2006, 04:39 PM
I have a cabo pt 30..Personally, I really like it, very smooth and i have yet to have any issues with it. I haven't really fished it a whole lot. I just have too many reels, wait strike that. I have alot of reels to choose from but this one does get into the rotation... Do a search on cabo pt's on S-B.. I know I posted something about them as did a few others..Good luck

eelman
01-19-2006, 04:50 PM
I have a cabo pt 30..Personally, I really like it, very smooth and i have yet to have any issues with it. I haven't really fished it a whole lot. I just have too many reels, wait strike that. I have alot of reels to choose from but this one does get into the rotation... Do a search on cabo pt's on S-B.. I know I posted something about them as did a few others..Good luck

I have the cabo 30 casting reel and its very good. I can say this , My friend Capt. Jim White uses these reels exclusive and, he told me that with over 4000 fish in the boat he has not had one failure with the Quantum line up of boca and cabo reels This includes landing many school bluefin etc...I think that says alot for Quantum! Try it you will be happy.......

TSPS
01-20-2006, 10:46 AM
There was a write up in On The Water about the Quantum Cabo CBC30PTs reel /rod conbo and the write up was very positive . I just ordered one for the spring . I know it dosen't help now but once I get a chance to fish it I'll let everybody know how it dose.

Offshore
01-20-2006, 06:52 PM
I've fished a Cabo 60 for two seasons now. It's my plugging reel for the backside beaches and canal. Can't beat it and, one of the best warrantees in the business.

chris L
01-20-2006, 07:23 PM
I picked up the cabo 50 and 60 ( same reel different spool ) for my Alaska trip frr salmon last July and although I didnt need my backup cabo . I was very pleased with the the way it performed . very smooth and handled kings to 28# with ease . saltwater wise I havent used tem yet .