View Full Version : Marlborough Show this weekend

Swimmer
01-20-2006, 11:19 AM
Anyone traveling to Marlborough this weekend? Squid Kids Dad and myself are making the trip Saturday a.m. after breakfast at the local greasey spoon. I know its only fly fishing stuff but it usually is a good all around take.:humpty:

steelhead
01-20-2006, 11:56 AM
I'm going out Saturday AM to poke around...

Lower
01-20-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm making a saturday aftenoon apperance. Steelhead...maybe I'll bump into you. Unfortunatly...no plug yet. Coming :soon: .

steelhead
01-20-2006, 04:06 PM
I'm sure that I'll drag into the afternoon. There are a bunch of guys that are going to get together for lunch at the hotel about noon that I'm going to try to track down. So depending on when you get there, you might want to poke your nose in the hotel and check out the restaurant/bar....

Swimmer
01-20-2006, 04:47 PM
Steelhead clear your PM storage.

steelhead
01-20-2006, 05:32 PM
Just cleaned house....

Skip N
01-20-2006, 11:58 PM
Im heading up Saturday at some point. Always a good show. I didnt make it last year because of the damn blizzard!

Swimmer
01-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Thier seemed to be a noticable amount of vendors who were not there this year. Crowd was thin saturday morning. Missed SWE and thier sweet selection of primo tails the most. A guy from Jersey who si there every year had great prices on fly tying stuff though.

steelhead
01-22-2006, 11:44 AM
Saw some old friends. Talked with Saltydog and his son. Was able to resupply him with a good supply of rooster saddles for the coming season. They had some awesome flies at the New England Fly Tyers booth... (Got stood up by another guy, so I now have this nice inventory of dyed saddles to figure out what to do with...) Stayed within my budget.... It was definately smaller and guys I know who went to the seminars said they were the same old same old and had become very boring. The consensus among the folks I talked to was it was going down hill....

striperman36
01-23-2006, 09:23 AM
Even Castle Arms wasn't there this year. I was disappointed with the vendor show. Very much the same old stuff. I see the same at Danbury and Somerset
Has fly fishing just plateaued and falling off?

steelhead
01-23-2006, 09:32 AM
The show and fly fishing has plateaued and dropped off. It's very evident along the coast and estuaries on the North Shore that there simply aren't the number of fly fishermen there were before. At times this fall, I had beaches to myself! The two major ff stores on the North Shore, Rivers Edge and First Light have diversified in response to the times.

It was sad to not see Castlearms at he show. Phil was there, Helping out at Hunters. Pe's still the same crazy "old man"....

striperman36
01-23-2006, 10:02 AM
And Saltwater Edge is now plugafied.

But