View Full Version : more about coffee

Nebe
01-23-2006, 09:29 AM
much has been discussed about what your favorite coffee is, so how about a thread on how you make your coffee.

If its just me i fill the pot to the 4 cup mark and then do 5 scoops of coffee. I also make mine with a pinch of salt. serv with milk and no sugar..

Im a coffee making googan so im curious how the hard core coffee guys do it. :D

BigFish
01-23-2006, 09:36 AM
Boil water....pour into mug with a teaspoon of Maxwell House instant. Add milk, very light no sugar.:gu:

Nebe
01-23-2006, 09:40 AM
dude, thats hard core :buds:

BigFish
01-23-2006, 09:43 AM
I am a hard core coffee drinker....drink it all day from the time my feet hit the floor until the cup I have right before I go to bed! Nothing fancy for me.....Dunkies when I am out!

Redsoxticket
01-23-2006, 09:46 AM
I use to have it regular now it is black no sugar, just the smell of heated milk will make me :yak6: Once you go black (coffee) you won't go back (regular).
You actually can taste and smell the aroma of the coffee along with sensing when it is bad coffee. Give it a try, you'll thank me for it.

Nebe
01-23-2006, 09:46 AM
i had a cup the other day on the beach made in an old school perculator and it was perculating for a long time. thought i was having a panic attack :hihi:

spence
01-23-2006, 09:48 AM
Step one is to put on the apron.

-spence

Redsoxticket
01-23-2006, 09:58 AM
If you gradual darkening your coffee the less likely you will enjoy it for when it was liter. It got to the point when I was asking for coffee on the dark side and if it came out regular I would dislike it to the point of getting almost sick. So now it is black.
Lite :yak4: :yak:

Nebe
01-23-2006, 10:00 AM

-spence

oh no :wave:

zacs
01-23-2006, 10:07 AM
i agree with sox tix. Must be black. I have a grind & brew. 8 scoops beans, just over the 4 cup line. makes two very strong cups of coffee.

Nebe
01-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Hey Zacs- Nice to meet ya the other day :D:buds:

Slingah
01-23-2006, 03:51 PM
black is beautiful

fishaholic18
01-23-2006, 03:59 PM
black is beautiful
Yup..Me too.:poke:

Backbeach Jake
01-23-2006, 04:30 PM
I started drinking it black to stop the kids at Dunkies and MacDs from messing it up. Now I won't drink it any other way.

MAC
01-23-2006, 04:50 PM

-spence

:bl2:

missing link
01-23-2006, 06:16 PM
COFFEE BLACK the older the better
Link SR:cool:

Jenn
01-23-2006, 06:52 PM
i had a cup the other day on the beach made in an old school perculator and it was perculating for a long time. thought i was having a panic attack :hihi:

For a 9 cup pot I perc for 6-7 minutes and make sure once it starts to perc you turn heat as low as possible (just enough to keep it going) otherwise you are burning the coffee before its even done. Takes some pratice at first but it is the best way to make coffee in my opinion.

also I am impressed to see so many fellow black coffee drinkers....I always feel like some kind of freak when the D&D workers look at me crossed eyed and says "black coffee? do you want any cream or sugar in that??"

NO DANGIT I DONT!!!!:nailem:

MoroneSaxatilis
01-23-2006, 07:06 PM
...I always feel like some kind of freak when the D&D workers look at me crossed eyed and says "black coffee? do you want any cream or sugar in that??"

Do people have to FAIL an intelligence/common sense test to be considered for employment there?
Sometimes when I order a COOLATA, they ask me if I want it HOT OR COLD.

:wall:

Redsoxticket
01-23-2006, 07:07 PM
DD give me the same look especially when I ask for ice coffee black (little ice).

PI guy
01-23-2006, 10:16 PM
Perced is the only way to go. Leave the basket out until the water starts to boil and then drop it in and cover quickly that way you don't have to worry about any coffee volcanoes. Mr coffee can't touch an old fashioned pot. Just don't wash w/ soap too often or its all you'll taste for a while. BLACK (even iced).

Pete_G
01-23-2006, 10:30 PM
also I am impressed to see so many fellow black coffee drinkers....I always feel like some kind of freak when the D&D workers look at me crossed eyed and says "black coffee? do you want any cream or sugar in that??"

Haha, I always go through the same thing.

Have you noticed how D&D makes their coffee EXTREMELY hot just so when they pour their usual amount of cream in it doesn't get cold? I can't drink their coffee in a styrofoam cup, I always catch the smell of melting styrofoam when I do...

Luckily the Edge has moved near a pretty good coffee shop; unburnt, quality, tasty coffee.

UserRemoved1
01-24-2006, 06:10 AM
Spence I have the helmet to go with that apron this would be hard core :eyes:

http://www.#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&.com/images/viking-mask.jpg

Eben I'm an instant guy too, cremora and splenda though gotta go for the maximum manmade stuff in there :)

-spence

SBASS1
01-24-2006, 08:11 AM
Anyone ever hear Dennis Leary on Coffee? God Damnit I want Coffee flavored Coffee!

RIROCKHOUND
01-24-2006, 08:17 AM
Pete;
Green Bean cafe?
I have to come check out the new digs at some point, next time I'm on the island...

Jenn
01-24-2006, 06:07 PM
Anyone ever hear Dennis Leary on Coffee? God Damnit I want Coffee flavored Coffee!

Yes! my husband and I never laughed so hard!!!!

.....now pull up your pants!:eek:

Karl F
01-24-2006, 06:55 PM
Leary :hihi:

Cappuchino!, Mochachino!, Frappe-achino!, AlPachino!
WTF????... Gimmee Coffee!!!!

funny chit :hihi:

Raven
01-24-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm with BIGFISH..... :uhuh:

but now its tasters choice decaf....
and i like a hint of whiskey in it...
for flavoring .....with french vanilla or irish creamer
and DANGIT as jen says
i dont give a damn if its only 4:30 am....
as thats when i get up...:kewl:

caffiene is good for some things....short term memory for one.
too much though and your hard drive (read your brain) spins
at too high an RPM so that your thinking process is ruined
because you develope an inability to concentrate for very long
on one subject before switching mentally to the next.
its a type of self induced attention deficit disorder

i was taking guranna in the morning which was 800 milligrams of caffiene
and then having a large ice coffee just before starting work ....this was
after having two cups at home during breakfast.
before i learned about the caffiene in guranna.

thats how i found out about caffiene ........the hard way....
and that sugar that you add.........:doh:
......................... AGES YOU ! in a big hurry. :skulz:

Bass Babe
01-25-2006, 08:46 AM
At the risk of being an outcast... :tooth: ...I love froo-froo flavored coffee, like blueberry and pumpkin spice and coconut. Lots of Sweet & Low and the richest creamer available.

I just fill the pot between 6 and 9 cups and fill the reusable filter to 2/3 to 3/4 full. It's not really a science for me. It's just gotta be strong enough.

I don't have an issue with black, except that it's always way too hot to drink right away. Coffee's coffee, and I'll drink it however I can get it.

Raven
01-25-2006, 09:09 AM
for having my coffee when i want it: :uhuh:
in the back of my car.......
i think nothing of having my coleman camp stove,
a cooking pot (stainless steel /copper bottom revere ware)
my gallon jug of water and my instantcoffee taster's choice decaf
and creamers in a cooler ...so i can whip up some coffee's
in a jiffy anytime |anywhere ....while on the road...
-----------------------------------------------------------------
it's the only way to travel ...
and a cup costs me maybe 50 cents. :huh:
the money saved goes towards fishing gear or gas.:kewl: