View Full Version : Fishing Vacations

tattoobob
01-27-2006, 02:17 PM
Does Anyone plan trips this far in advance? I have my whole summer and fall planned already, June 18th to the 25th new moon on Block Island, July 8th to the 15th Truro Pamet River/Harbor, July 29 to the 3rd of August Salisbury State Park. One week staying at Race Point Light House I think it is the 1st in October, Then the rest of the summer and Fall making weekend trips to the Outer Beaches, Block Island, So.Co. RI, and Montauk

Anyone else this obsessed about there fishing they have it planned 6 to 8 months in advance?

eelman
01-27-2006, 02:21 PM
June 24th to 28th Cuttyhunk.........

Last week in September..Back to Cuttyhunk

First week November Block Island

Everything already paid for! yes.... there are others obsessed

luds
01-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Planning ahead makes me nervous because I've been burned by the weather so many times. I usually wait until the last minute and try to score a cheap hotel.

I am however going to plan a vacation to fish the MV Derby for the first time. Can't wait for that.

piemma
01-27-2006, 04:12 PM
You see all those #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& trips. Mine are exactly the same.

chris L
01-27-2006, 04:21 PM
I usually plan my trips months to years in advance depending where Im going and with whom . this year we had the other network tech retire and its only me to handle the campus . So I wont be getting much time for vacation . So its going to be tough this year to enjoy myself at work . they arent going to replace him till at least summer .
I know Im going to block , RI and maybe the cape for a weekend . My wife planned her vacations with the kids and I wasnt included . She did this knowing my free time will be spent fishing .

Sea Dangles
01-27-2006, 04:23 PM
I just cancelled trips when he gave his itinerary.

basswipe
01-27-2006, 04:55 PM
I just finalized the details for my Sept. vacay in NH for the Nascar race.What does that have to do with fishing you might ask?Well this year I'm doing a charter on Winnapasaukee for smallies.

I take care of everything way in advance.

eelman
01-27-2006, 04:58 PM
I just cancelled trips when he gave his itinerary.

???? lost on that one............

piemma
01-27-2006, 05:03 PM
What I meant was Bill and I have booked our trip pretty much together. Chris, sorry you don't want to fish with us.

Sea Dangles
01-28-2006, 07:00 AM
What I meant was Bill and I have booked our trip pretty much together. Chris, sorry you don't want to fish with us.
Thanks for asking Paul,I'd love to.:angel:

NIB
01-28-2006, 07:29 AM
I goin to the same places a week before.
:D

JHABS
01-28-2006, 07:33 AM
Hope to make it to Panama this year........................The Block, M.V and the Cape.

NIB
01-28-2006, 07:50 AM
I'd love to go to Panama or Costa Rica an target them popper eatin monster fish. Cubera Snappers look like fun.Tro in a few nice Rooosters for the camera.

piemma
01-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Cuttyhunk will be my trip of a lifetime. I have fished MV ,Nantucket, Block, Montauk, the back from the Race to Lecount, Nauset, Monomoy, Scusset, Scoton Creek but never Cutty

Roger
01-28-2006, 03:12 PM
This summer is not that far. A month ago I booked our stay at Harkers Island for false albacore - in November. Also booked 1st week of May in Mexico, 3rd week of June on MV and last week of August in Montana.

Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to get my work done and tie the flies I'll need too!

eelman
01-28-2006, 04:40 PM
Thanks for asking Paul,I'd love to.:angel:

Gonna be a great time, Steve , paul and myself along with a few others will be out there for 4 days.......

taJon
01-29-2006, 04:43 PM
I almost ended up in Stuart,FL this weekend for some sailfish but the frugalnis got the better of me.

soon though :D