View Full Version : Sluggo storage

Sgt_Nutz
01-28-2006, 11:15 AM
Ok, I have all my materials and am going to rig up some sluggos for the season. How should I store them? If I seel them up in a ziplock bag or in a plastic or tupperware box/container will the hooks rust? I also dont want them to dry out either. :think:

MotoXcowboy
01-28-2006, 11:46 AM
hey sgt
i keep a variety of colors and sizes..in an empty plastic peanut butter jar. its big enough to hold all my plastics. problem with plastic zipploc bags is your hooks will rip the bag up everytrip. 4 me atleast..

nice thing about the ppb jar is its easy to carry and easy to access/storeage stuff. i bring a small backpack.. theres plenty of room, 4 more rigged sluggos than i can even afford right now..lol. especially:smokin: when the bloos are around.

but thats when I'll throw metal, plugs, jigs, or bait..

i rinse my gear after everytrip. whats rust? :hihi:

libassboy
01-28-2006, 02:22 PM
I keep all my materials in a plano box, the one with the removable dividers. Ive been using this method for years and it works out great.
I always keep some sluggos on my belt in the skinz pouch, just be careful reaching in there at nite without looking...hooks hurt...:whackin:

BigBo
01-28-2006, 02:32 PM
I use the Plano boxes as well for long term storage.

JoeP
01-28-2006, 03:18 PM
I keep all my materials in a plano box, the one with the removable dividers. Ive been using this method for years and it works out great.
I always keep some sluggos on my belt in the skinz pouch, just be careful reaching in there at nite without looking...hooks hurt...:whackin:

Same here. For about 10 years I've been storing my plastics in Plano boxes and carrying them in big ziploc bags in my surf jacket or dry top pockets. No problems at all.

eelman
01-28-2006, 04:38 PM
If its any help, The man who put the Rigged sluggo on the map ( who is sitting here with me now) Steve Mckenna....Says to tell you he uses a simple zip lock bag and, if your using the hooks you should be using ( Gamakatsu ) they dont rust.....................

Sgt_Nutz
01-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Gamakatsu hooks, bunch o slugs, dacron, super glue and rigging needle made from a coat hangar. Just read somewhere(this monthes OTW?) about using a finish nail(s) for weight. I think I have some big a$$ Finesse's I may try rigging as well.

Jay Dog
01-28-2006, 06:02 PM
Just make sure you do not mix colors when you store them. They bleed like crazy esp the Red Shad

Young Salt
01-29-2006, 08:04 AM
like jay dog said that red shad loves to bleed. some colors (like white & albino ) you can mix without any problamos though.

i use polystyrene (sp.....i know) bags that are better against the hooks. the ziplock bags are made of polyetheline (sp.....again) which tears easier.

I use foodsaver brand bags.