that beotch! shakin her bobble head..

some stuff was good....
like making our dependance
on middle east oil
a thing of the past...

i dont recall hearing anything about farming
or global warming though...

we're down to just 1% of the population
are farmers.....now .... thats a fokin JOKE!!

this country became great
because of its soil
and its the lowest priority.

now it's great because of
military superiority :doh:

BigFish
01-31-2006, 10:51 PM
:sleeps: Same old lip service....tell them what they want to hear!

Hillary should be beyotch slapped and flogged....I can't stand her....she always sits there shaking her head!!!:fishslap:

spence
01-31-2006, 11:00 PM
Yea, it was pretty lame.

Not much new...

Didn't mention the environment at all did he?

A lot of lip service for HIV etc...but there's no track record of action.

I was hoping for a lot more.

-spence

Pete_G
01-31-2006, 11:47 PM
some stuff was good....
like making our dependance
on middle east oil
a thing of the past...

Someone finally clued him in that Alaska is a drop in the bucket.

A real hydrogen car is a LONG ways off but it's a worthwhile goal, it would probably change the world if and when one arrives. IMO it's worth throwing a lot of money at, maybe even more then he has proposed. Of course the real question is where the "clean" hydrogen comes from. If it comes from fossil fuels it's not exactly going to help anything.

I wish he wasn't so against a gas tax though, we could raise a lot of research money with a just a penny or 2 a gallon.

Overall, on energy, I'd have to give a :kewl: from what I've heard. Technology and research is the only way.

Flaptail
02-01-2006, 06:07 AM
Seems I heard his song somewhere before. You know, it still amazes me that Presidents, in something as important as the State of the Union Address, rely on a team of speech writers to put the thing together, get it to him where hopefullly he is smart enough to be able to edit the thing ( though in GW's case that probably ain't happening) then practice and deliver it.
You would think that an educated man who occupies the Oval Office ( one of our country's most sacred places) could write his own speech. Spin Doctor's, speech writers and party editors do 99% of the drafting of the document and his weak grasp of the country's real feeing on all of the issues, plus a great dose of his and his VP's arrogance, have once again delivered an address that is long on rhetoric and very short on real substance. If I had to grade it it would be a C- at best. Come on 2008. Hillary chewing gum should have been slapped and even though I think Cindy Sheehan is slightly off course, to arrest her for wearing a T-shirt that said "2048 how many more" was an affront to her 1st ammendment rights. One thing we must remeber about her is that she did pay a hard hard price to say what she says, she lost her son, no matter what we think of her state of mind.
Hollow rhetoric trying to please the masses but no substance and most importantly no trust in this President. Time will prove this out, he is the worst in a long long time. A mistake in a time where we can ill afford them.

kippy
02-01-2006, 06:51 AM
Well spoken flap..I agree..the worst President in a long time.

Raven
02-01-2006, 07:47 AM
quoting Pete. " Overall, on energy, I'd have to give a thumbs up from what I've heard. Technology and research is the only way".
------------------------------------------------------------------------
speaking about alternate fuels: bio-diesel wasnt even mentioned..........
which i think is PURE insanity...or BUSH personally just protecting his stock values in OIL. This country runs on deisel not gas...at least for the trains and the tr#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g industry....in fact the deisel engine was designed to do just that ....run on vegetable oils.
----------
When you compare crops for example....an acre of sunflower plants
will yield 100 gallons....but that same acre in pond scum will yield 3000 gals.--> :shocked: three thousand yep... so having a big bag of scum is the answer.... :hihi: i just read that in mother earth news (latest issue)

NIB
02-01-2006, 07:52 AM
Like Flap said I watched for the train wreck effect.I would bet if graded he would have the reading level of a 8th grader.Does he even pre read this stuff.The outa have a bigger TelePrompTer so full sentences can come up.I am amazed they let him die out there.
Watch out if Hillary runs in 08' she wins.Our next pres. might have cankles an the curse.

Karl F
02-01-2006, 07:57 AM
Watch out if Hillary runs in 08' she wins.Our next pres. might have cankles an the curse.

and a hawny "First Man" ;)

Navy Chief
02-01-2006, 08:01 AM
No one is attacking Cindy Sheehan's right to protest the loss of her son, but her entire purpose was to disrupt the Presidents speech and get on TV.

The democratic congresswoman that invited her should have been arrested also.

Did I ever mention the fact that I'm a Reagan Republican?????

Pete_G
02-01-2006, 08:08 AM
quoting Pete. " Overall, on energy, I'd have to give a thumbs up from what I've heard. Technology and research is the only way".
------------------------------------------------------------------------
speaking about alternate fuels: bio-diesel wasnt even mentioned..........
which i think is PURE insanity...or BUSH personally just protecting his stock values in OIL. This country runs on deisel not gas...at least for the trains and the tr#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g industry....in fact the deisel engine was designed to do just that ....run on vegetable oils.
----------
When you compare crops for example....an acre of sunflower plants
will yield 100 gallons....but that same acre in pond scum will yield 3000 gals.--> :shocked: three thousand yep... so having a big bag of scum is the answer.... :hihi: i just read that in mother earth news (latest issue)

I doubt he has any concept of what he was even talking about. If he has actually had the foresight to put money towards technology for energy sources, I will give him credit for that. He did mention ethanol, but no mention of biodiesel. Other then that, I'm in Flaptail's camp.

BigFish
02-01-2006, 08:16 AM
I bet Bush thinks bio-diesel is a fuel that goes in both American cars and foreign cars!:hihi:

MoroneSaxatilis
02-01-2006, 08:22 AM
I wish he wasn't so against a gas tax though, we could raise a lot of research money with a just a penny or 2 a gallon.
Since it will most likely be existing energy companies (read: Big Oil) that will ultimately provide viable hydrogen and/or other alternative fuels, why not have an entity like Exxon Mobil use some of its 10 BILLION in quarterly PROFITS to fund research.

Pete_G
02-01-2006, 08:29 AM
Since it will most likely be existing energy companies (read: Big Oil) that will ultimately provide viable hydrogen and/or other alternative fuels, why not have an entity like Exxon Mobil use some of its 10 BILLION in quarterly PROFITS to fund research.

Haha, very true. Of course sweet revenge would be having a true alternate fuel not developed by Big Oil and watching them crash and burn.

Another record quarter for Exxon Mobil. The biggest single quarter profit EVER if read correctly a few days ago...

The Dad Fisherman
02-01-2006, 08:44 AM
I turned to it real briefly...but just in time to here him say "HVI-AIDS"

I looked at my wife and said "Did he just F up HIV and call it HVI" she confirmed she heard the same thing. The guy can't even put three letters together.

I listened for about 2 minutes, where everybody claps after every "Rah Rah" sentence and ended up turning to the Law and Order re-runs on TSB...er I mean TBS.

striperman36
02-01-2006, 08:52 AM
The President in 24 is worse. Not by much tho.
It is a shame that in this country the only people that can get thru to political leadership are those that are clueless enough to have done nothing out of the ordinary in their lives. Who didn't have fun in the 60's and 70's? Who hasn't done things they would prefer not for the public to know about in the past?

BigFish
02-01-2006, 09:00 AM
They all stink....all Politicians are the same so does anyone really think it matters which one is in office? I think its the same as laying a .357 magnum, a .45 caliber pistol and a .38 on the table and wondering which one will kill you better than the others!:nailem:

JohnR
02-01-2006, 09:11 AM
Agree with Flap. Not the best guy at the helm.

Too many wrong things put forward and too many right things bumbled...

And no, will not vote for Hillary...

chris L
02-01-2006, 09:49 AM
They all stink....all Politicians are the same so does anyone really think it matters which one is in office? I think its the same as laying a .357 magnum, a .45 caliber pistol and a .38 on the table and wondering which one will kill you better than the others!:nailem:
YES finally someone I can agree with on politics . throw out the 38 ( hillary ) not even close to the stopping power of the 45 or 357 .
If I wante to harm to the US I would have attcked last night . in one building you had every suck up of power in washington . from the pres , vp, sec state to all the house , senate, congress to the cheif justices . one fell swoop and hillary too . where was the janitor with his false bottom trash can ?

MoroneSaxatilis
02-01-2006, 09:53 AM
If I wante to harm to the US I would have attcked last night .
Better watch out. What with the Prez's secret spying an' all, that kinda talk could get you in a windowless, cinder block room, alone with Jack Bauer.
Uhh.. oh wait. He's a fictional character.

:whackin: :lasso:

Raven
02-01-2006, 10:07 AM
but they're not playing that game....

they're are trying to topple our economy

by shutting off our access to foreign oil.

step one was the stock market crash and burn.
--------------------------------------------------------
i sat and watched the sky ...... the following day

to take advantage of a little enjoyment from nature

of seeing a clear blue sky for the first time in my life

with absolutely no jet trails all day .........

and enjoyed every moment.

chris L
02-01-2006, 10:13 AM
Better watch out. What with the Prez's secret spying an' all, that kinda talk could get you in a windowless, cinder block room, alone with Jack Bauer.
Uhh.. oh wait. He's a fictional character.

:whackin: :lasso:

been there done that in 2 different countries . but for totally different reasons .

chris L
02-01-2006, 10:14 AM
but they're not playing that game....

they're are trying to topple our economy

by shutting off our access to foreign oil.

step one was the stock market crash and burn.
--------------------------------------------------------
i sat and watched the sky ...... the following day

to take advantage of a little enjoyment from nature

of seeing a clear blue sky for the first time in my life

with absolutely no jet trails all day .........

and enjoyed every moment.

I know thats why I said it "If I wante to harm to the US I would have attcked last night " the way I did . I didnt want to point fingers so I used the singular .

ProfessorM
02-01-2006, 10:57 AM
Reading the threads in this forum from top to bottom pretty much sums up my view on politics:
State of the Union Adress, Joke for the day, Colonoscopy. Pretty much covers politics for me. :kewl: Paul

Skip N
02-01-2006, 10:57 AM
let the Bush bashing begin....It doesnt matter what W said last night, you guys would'nt like it anyway. This is nothing but a Bush bashing thread....Not about the state if the union. But on this site i should'nt have expeted anything else.:doh:

spence
02-01-2006, 11:15 AM
Yea Skippy, blame us. We're the ones in the Whitehouse not offing any real solutions to the Nation's problems :rtfm:

-spence

Raven
02-01-2006, 11:20 AM
he's more concerned about the freedom for iraqi's
than in are own country... i.m.o. at the expense of
our own...and he can shove the patriot act
where the sun don't shine
because you know they'll just do
what they feel like anyway.
they have 300 satellites.. PFFFFF
every nasa launch -> theres MORE of-em

He spoke more-> using his typical war effort speech.........
than about the health of our economy...
.................................................. ..................................................
if he had just two plugs to fish with all year...
he'd say it like this...
everyday i fish with a different plug.... making you think
he had 365 plugs ,when in fact he just switches one for
the other ...which is the typical politician BS.
.................................................. ..................................................
he should have spoke as LONG about our own fuel crisis
that we imediately have....like how these basturds jack up prices
when there's even a hint of a snowstorm and if it goes out to sea we STILL
get SHAFTED....not JUST what he's proposing to
do by 2020 ....the food/fuel prices are mind boggling now.
thats because the higher fuel prices to deliver the food has been
obviously...passed on to the consumer ....
-as i scour my seed catalog.

The Dad Fisherman
02-01-2006, 11:34 AM
let the Bush bashing begin....It doesnt matter what W said last night, you guys would'nt like it anyway. This is nothing but a Bush bashing thread....Not about the state if the union. But on this site i should'nt have expeted anything else.:doh:

Then enlighten us on what your take-aways were from the State of the Union....and try doing it without being so "In Your Face" about it.

What did you like/dislike about it. Give us your views about it, but present it in a way that will open up intelligent debate.

instead of calling someone a Tree-Hugging, Hippy, ACLU Loving, Bush Bashing, Lefty Liberal every time they make a point you don't agree with.

Raven
02-01-2006, 11:38 AM
what you wrote about his idea of bio- deisel is priceless...:D

when i was reading about mass ethanol production commercially
(read makin moonshine....) and all the different materials they are testing
....like woodchips
and sugar cane stalks.... i began to wonder why we can't just
grow massive plots of sugar cane and use the whole plant to
make ethanol... hell , we better run on down to tennessee
and find the best moonshiner in the country and hire him....:gu:

Raven
02-01-2006, 11:44 AM
a debate.........
lets bash some bush:lurk:

Skip N
02-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Yea Skippy, blame us. We're the ones in the Whitehouse not offing any real solutions to the Nation's problems :rtfm:

-spence

Not blaming anyone. I figured this thread would have some good debates about some important issues. But as usual alot of the guys on who have posted (not all) have gone to the usual Bush cant read, Bush is stupid crap. At least add something to the debate!

Skip N
02-01-2006, 11:51 AM
a debate.........
lets bash some bush:lurk:

Nah lets bash some Cindy Sheehan instead....:hidin:

spence
02-01-2006, 11:53 AM
They both could use a few smacks if you ask me...

-spence

Skip N
02-01-2006, 12:03 PM
They both could use a few smacks if you ask me...

-spence

Sheehan certainy has the right to protest all she wants...But, that was the wrong place and time for what she tried to pull. Wish she would just go back and hang with her new anti american budy Hugo C. in Venezuala (sp?)

And W's speech....Not one of the most inspiring he's ever given and not much we havent heard before. Most State of the Union speeches are the same with all presidents. Just alot of generic stuff.Nothing new we havent debated on here ove the past year.

chris L
02-01-2006, 12:31 PM
just to set it straight for me anyways .
I dont trust or like the dems , reps , indepen , green party , blue party and black sunday . They all lie and want their names in history . it doesnt matter who is in office to be a politition you have to be crooked .

just thought I would add this
Massenvernichtungswaffen means weapons of mass destruction or translates too mass destruction weapons

JohnR
02-01-2006, 02:36 PM
just to set it straight for me anyways .
I dont trust or like the dems , reps , indepen , green party , blue party and black sunday . They all lie and want their names in history . it doesnt matter who is in office to be a politition you have to be crooked .

just thought I would add this
Massenvernichtungswaffen means weapons of mass destruction or translates too mass destruction weapons Jawohl herr Feldwebbel....

OK Skip, I won't go into the balance for or not for going into war but how about the prosecution of the war and the time period leading to it?

How about when going to war was a "last resort"? BS, it was not a last resort, it was GO IN NOW as the time for a land based mobile campaign to Baghdad was EXPIRING for at least 6 months. It was a time table that if you were going to do it you had to and if not you were on a 6 month to 12 month (actually 10-11 month initially) interval for when a land campaign was most feasible.

How about when the Army Chief of Staff says you will need HUNDREDS of thousands of US personel to secure a postwar Iraq? A PROFESSIONAL soldier, in charge of the army, being overruled by the political appointies and poli-theorists. Or ignoring and not consulting with the senior Army leadership from Bosnia/Serb canpaings/peacekeeping, or General Garner from his experience with the Kurds after GW1? Or the countless other people - professionals - that disagreed with the administration on how to prosecute the war and prosecute the peace. IMO, Bush (and clan) is a war criminal in that he let DOWN his warriors that were going to the mat for his policy and our freedoms. They have suffered the most.

I won't go into tax breaks for Big Oil - that don't need it while gouging at the pumps. I won't go into the memos on tourture. Or Tax Breaks for the ueber - wealthy. Or lack of a real energy policy that gives us technological growth and foreign policy freedom, or realiastic view on the environment (google the article on how the last 5 heads of EPA, Dem and Repub, are saying how he is effing up by the numbers).

I won't go into financing government debt by China. We've had our nuts in a vise with the Middle East due to our feeding at the hand of Saudi Oil and in addition, now we have our Foreign Policy nuts in a vice with China because they own so much of our debt.

And I need to support this guy? Bull Scheize! I ain't voting for Hillary - I can tell you that, but I thank God their are only two terms allowed. I feel sorry for the one that needs to clean up the mess....

Sorry for the Rant...

RIJIMMY
02-01-2006, 02:45 PM
That was a good rant John!

Springtides
02-01-2006, 03:08 PM
but it is the best one there is. I missed the speech but was attending a rally for a candidate who will hopefully help change the majority makeup of the US Senate. That in my opinion will help. Checks and Balances.....

Katie
02-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Well spoken flap..I agree..the worst President in a long time.

http://forums.cscot.com/images/smilies/nod.gif
http://forums.cscot.com/images/smilies/nod.gif

Skip N
02-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Jawohl herr Feldwebbel....

OK Skip, I won't go into the balance for or not for going into war but how about the prosecution of the war and the time period leading to it?

How about when going to war was a "last resort"? BS, it was not a last resort, it was GO IN NOW as the time for a land based mobile campaign to Baghdad was EXPIRING for at least 6 months. It was a time table that if you were going to do it you had to and if not you were on a 6 month to 12 month (actually 10-11 month initially) interval for when a land campaign was most feasible.

How about when the Army Chief of Staff says you will need HUNDREDS of thousands of US personel to secure a postwar Iraq? A PROFESSIONAL soldier, in charge of the army, being overruled by the political appointies and poli-theorists. Or ignoring and not consulting with the senior Army leadership from Bosnia/Serb canpaings/peacekeeping, or General Garner from his experience with the Kurds after GW1? Or the countless other people - professionals - that disagreed with the administration on how to prosecute the war and prosecute the peace. IMO, Bush (and clan) is a war criminal in that he let DOWN his warriors that were going to the mat for his policy and our freedoms. They have suffered the most.

I won't go into tax breaks for Big Oil - that don't need it while gouging at the pumps. I won't go into the memos on tourture. Or Tax Breaks for the ueber - wealthy. Or lack of a real energy policy that gives us technological growth and foreign policy freedom, or realiastic view on the environment (google the article on how the last 5 heads of EPA, Dem and Repub, are saying how he is effing up by the numbers).

I won't go into financing government debt by China. We've had our nuts in a vise with the Middle East due to our feeding at the hand of Saudi Oil and in addition, now we have our Foreign Policy nuts in a vice with China because they own so much of our debt.

And I need to support this guy? Bull Scheize! I ain't voting for Hillary - I can tell you that, but I thank God their are only two terms allowed. I feel sorry for the one that needs to clean up the mess....

Sorry for the Rant...

Bush is a war criminal huh? You just showed your true colors with that comment. You're no different than Cindy Sheehan with that kind of talk. Thats shameful. Hitler,Saddam and those a-holes are War crimminals my friend. Your gonna sit there and tell me Bush sould be lumped in with those murderers??? I have zero respect for you with that comment John. Sorry but thats pathetic. Your entitled your opinion but to go to the war criminal card is pathetic and you know it.

Skitterpop
02-02-2006, 06:43 AM
pack of lies

spence
02-02-2006, 08:19 AM
Bush is a war criminal huh? You just showed your true colors with that comment. You're no different than Cindy Sheehan with that kind of talk. Thats shameful. Hitler,Saddam and those a-holes are War crimminals my friend. Your gonna sit there and tell me Bush sould be lumped in with those murderers??? I have zero respect for you with that comment John. Sorry but thats pathetic. Your entitled your opinion but to go to the war criminal card is pathetic and you know it.
Skippy, read his rant again...

Oh and He's right BTW.

-spence

JohnR
02-02-2006, 08:43 AM
I'm sorry if you have zero respect for me and while I wouldn't mind sitting down over a beer or wetting a line, I'm not a fan of your dependent thinking at times.
Bush a true war criminal? IN the sense of Hitler, Milosovich, Saddam and those guys? Abosolutely not. That was a poor choice of words for me (I'm no wordsmith, I guess I'm in good company, but I don't have speechwiters). What I should have said is that the Bush Administration is "criminally negligent" with respect of OUR warriors in the prosecution of the IRAQ war - how's that? In my opinion, and probably the better way I should have written it, I put him inline with the folks that managed the Vietnam war, politically pulling military strings. The lessons learned from Vietnam were supposed to limit or prevent political bungling and mis-support and under-support of our troops. THAT is what pisses me off most with this administration. Trying to do the war on the cheap and believing a model of hugs & kisses liberation has cost a lot of lives. It's the mismanagement that gets me. Maybe I am naieve in my thinking that the government would learn from its mistakes but I remember some of the mantra of the military in the 80s and 90s training to do the job right and asking (praying) the civilian leadership would do the right thing too. Regan had some, Bush #I seemed to get it, Clinton was even money but this current group, I just don't know... I have a hard time thinking that a John McCain administration or someone similar and more of a leader than this guy would assemble a comparable "team" and make similar mistakes. I wish the bumper stickers read "So glad I voted for McCain". I think our country would be in a much better position in the world than it is today.

That is my opinion, not that he is a war criminal in the sense of a Sadaam (who did need to go) or a Hitler. You want to see what Sadaam, Milosovic, Hitler people are, go to places like Dachau - I've been there and seen it and it is abhorrent. So poor choice of words on my part to say what I'm trying to say.

Cindy Sheehan I am not. I did not lose a relative, especially a son in this war and nor do I think she is smart hanging out with Che G ver 2. Or that her politics are rational in many cases. I feel very sorry in that she has lost her son in the service of our country. She has every right to speek out and she can run for political office or whatever she is talking about, I still wouldn't vote for her...

Nebe
02-02-2006, 08:45 AM
Anyone who pressures his intellegence resources to come up with false data to push a war based on corperate profits is a war criminal in my book.

our country has been hijacked by a bunch of paranoid wackos and i want my own country back thankyou

mekcotuit
02-02-2006, 08:55 AM
what Nebe said

Bronko
02-02-2006, 09:24 AM
Your country is gone Nebe, and its not coming back regardless of which individual or party has control of the Whitehouse. The bottom line is that 9/11 happened....period. Now America wants to be safe. The reason GW won re-election is because the majority of this country believed they would be safer under his control than under the control of John Kerry. That was the last election boiled down in its simplist form.You know it doesn't matter what political party or ideology you believe in. If the majority of the country are calling for blood (based on information rooted in truth or fiction) the president is going to find blood. You get punched in the mouth, you punch back. Every president does it. The teeth of the Patriot Act will continue to get sharper and isolationism as the only alternative will slowly pervade our society. This all sounds pretty bleak, but I do believe things can improve. There is no doubt in my mind that the first step to getting this country back on track is to end the rabid partisanship on both sides of the aisle. Absolutely nothing of substance will get done without compromise and co-operation. Both parties are equally responsible. I actually thought GW said something intelligent the other night, which could apply to both parties when assailing the others leaders...."Hindsight is not wisdom, and defeatism and negativity are not strategies." (paraph.)

Skip N
02-02-2006, 09:43 AM
Anyone who pressures his intellegence resources to come up with false data to push a war based on corperate profits is a war criminal in my book.

our country has been hijacked by a bunch of paranoid wackos and i want my own country back thankyou

I think Nebe is really Cindy Sheehan... They sound rather alike dont they? Yikes

Raven
02-02-2006, 11:11 AM
not so much about what you just said but with the whole idea of
needing permission to start the war because of the threat of wmd's.
That always "comes up" or what lead up to that idea.
.................................................. .................................................
before the war even began and the iraq military was begining to move their heavy equipment....
our fighter pilots were being fired apon by land-based anti -aircraft guns way out on the outskirts of desert...
in the no fly zone. That first shot fired IMO was the same as the revolutionary war's
"the shot heard round the world" musket blast

and we had the right (at that exact moment) to go in and finish the job
41 started regardless of ANYTHING else.

the wmd's and 90% of arrogant sadame's fortune were simply moved out of
the country to where they COULDN'T be found
long in advance of any military conflict.

Skip N
02-02-2006, 12:19 PM
not so much about what you just said but with the whole idea of
needing permission to start the war because of the threat of wmd's.
That always "comes up" or what lead up to that idea.
.................................................. .................................................
before the war even began and the iraq military was begining to move their heavy equipment....
our fighter pilots were being fired apon by land-based anti -aircraft guns way out on the outskirts of desert...
in the no fly zone. That first shot fired IMO was the same as the revolutionary war's
"the shot heard round the world" musket blast

and we had the right (at that exact moment) to go in and finish the job
41 started regardless of ANYTHING else.

the wmd's and 90% of arrogant sadame's fortune were simply moved out of
the country to where they COULDN'T be found
long in advance of any military conflict.

Agreed. Also intersting to note that the head of Saddam's Air Force for many years is now coming out and saying the same thing about the WMD's. He claims they were flown to Syria before the US invasion. Via commercial airlines modified to hold the weapons so they wouldnt be detected. Don't know how credible this fellow is but it seems to go along with what many people have speculated about the past few years. I meen we know Iraq had the WMD's, thats not even debatable. The question is what the hell happened to them?

Swimmer
02-02-2006, 12:46 PM
I enjoy reading everyones opinon. Some are quite informative. Some are not. I post things that are not well-thought out and consequently seem shallow and non well-informed from time to time, so I understand when other people do it. Some people here amaze me posting thoughts that after following them and thier opinons for awhile come out with an opinon completely opposite of what I thought it would be. Flaptails opinon of Bush and his overall policies/state of the union speech isn't off the mark too much. If Bush could communicate better everyone would feel more comforatble with his polices because they would believe they were of intelligent design by an educated person. Junior comes across as a good old boy from Midlands, Texas, who covers up his not being comfortable speaking in public by acting like a wiseass. I dont think any other president would have done things any different, donkey or elephant. What Raven had to say about the first shot and the WMD's actually existing at one time I find to accurate also. JR's second post in response to SKipN was excellant as well. Great Thread.........:claps:

JohnR
02-02-2006, 12:46 PM
Agreed. Also intersting to note that the head of Saddam's Air Force for many years is now coming out and saying the same thing about the WMD's. He claims they were flown to Syria before the US invasion. Via commercial airlines modified to hold the weapons so they wouldnt be detected. Don't know how credible this fellow is but it seems to go along with what many people have speculated about the past few years. I meen we know Iraq had the WMD's, thats not even debatable. The question is what the hell happened to them?

Still doesn't change the mickey mouse that was done while prosecuting the war on Iraq.

I'm not convinced there wasn't any WMD but they ain't been found and it is not looking good to find them these days... Do you have a link to that comment about the Iraqi AF general??

spence
02-02-2006, 12:47 PM
I think Bush's biggest problem is that his policies tend to be based on idiological whim and have little substance.

Social Security didn't fail because the Dems mounted a great defense, it falied because the Admin couldn't ever articulate how it would fix or for that matter really even help the problem!

-spence

Skip N
02-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Here's the link John.

http://www.nysun.com/article/26514

JohnR
02-02-2006, 02:28 PM
Here's the link John.

http://www.nysun.com/article/26514

Interesting link....

spence
02-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Well, the official position on this issue from the Iraq Survey Group (and tens of millions of your tax dollars) is that there is zero credible evidence to support the notion that any WMD went over any Iraqi border including Syria.

How much you want to be he's sure interested in selling books though!

-spence

JohnR
02-02-2006, 05:08 PM
I'm sure he is very interested in selling books but it does require watching and more investigation...

Speaking of books - anyone read that one by Bob Baer ??

MoroneSaxatilis
02-02-2006, 07:19 PM
Interesting link....
It's a conspiricy by the Bush Administration in preparation for next invasion.

bart
02-03-2006, 03:45 PM
http://www.yucs.org/~ephraim/bushlip/