View Full Version : Thought It Might Be A Fun Thread.....

BigFish
02-02-2006, 09:16 AM
Curious where everyone is right now at the moment they read this thread? It might lead to some funny stories so if you read this thread...offer up where you are right now be it work, home, on a lap top somewhere or even in another country!:laughs:

I am....as usual...at home....but I have in the past logged on when I was on a fall trip to Maine!:wavey:

JohnR
02-02-2006, 09:21 AM
I'm at work monitoring three big system installation / configuration jobs and typing while I await the next intelligent dialog box - hang on a second - to say "next" ....

I've dialed in from Nantucket once 6 years back to fix a server problem at work and wound up looking at the site on a 10k connection (for those that remember those days :eek5: )

reelecstasy
02-02-2006, 09:25 AM
Sitting at work in Boston with deer hair on my lap and Hard As Nails nail polish all over the place tying my tail hooks for my plug swap plugs:wiggle:

The Dad Fisherman
02-02-2006, 10:01 AM
I'm at work trying to figure out why we paid thousands of dollars for some marketing files that were given to us in a MAC format....and I have to make them work in a Microsoft world.....for the President of the company :wall:

If we paid for them shouldn't they come our way.....or is Burger King the only one who does that these days.

JohnR
02-02-2006, 10:04 AM
I'm at work trying to figure out why we paid thousands of dollars for some marketing files that were given to us in a MAC format....and I have to make them work in a Microsoft world.....for the President of the company :wall:

If we paid for them shouldn't they come our way.....or is Burger King the only one who does that these days.
Who negotiated the services and did not agree on a delivery format??

Got Open Document Format :rotfl: ?

Flaptail
02-02-2006, 10:12 AM
Right now I am sitting at my desk in my office. I just finished giving a tour to a woman who is a nurse working with Homeland Security as we are now designated as the local emergency response center for Bio-terrorism or terrorist attack. Nice huh?:huh: :eek5:

Bronko
02-02-2006, 10:12 AM
At the office working on a couple of purchase and sale agreements. Doing the bank work at a RE closing this afternoon.:boots:

Jimbo
02-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Do you mean what am I doing or what am I supposed to be doing? I'm supposed to be crunching numbers for a big monthly RQA circuit availability and sigma report, but truthfully, it's a thankless task and I was staring with great intent at a shapely new communications manager who was bending over a stationery cabinet exposing the thong of the day and part of a tattoo on her lower back which we are trying to figure out what it is. She has unknowingly done this in the presence of others and once word got around she was affectionately nicknamed "Enola" after the girl in Waterworld with a tat on her back that no one can figure out, either.

JohnR
02-02-2006, 10:16 AM
Right now I am sitting at my desk in my office. I just finished giving a tour to a woman who is a nurse working with Homeland Security as we are now designated as the local emergency response center for Bio-terrorism or terrorist attack. Nice huh?:huh: :eek5:
I've wondered about that - in my district I have seen nothing regarding our facilites use in case of emergency even though we may be the most logical for the city plus seeing that the base is right next door. DHS has used some of our facilities during at least one event before so there is some established precedent. Being the lead geek, I figured I would have heard something :huh: ...

Gloucester2
02-02-2006, 10:20 AM
Staring out the window watching a Peregrine Falcon soar on the morning thermals looking for a pigeon for lunch :eyes:

The Dad Fisherman
02-02-2006, 10:28 AM
Who negotiated the services and did not agree on a delivery format??

The Marketing Guy......who wants a MAC

I'll rebuild the friggin files from scratch before I let one of those in here

Rappin Mikey
02-02-2006, 10:43 AM
Im at work. I just intaked a new student. For those of you that don't know, I work in an alternative school in Springfield. After the intake, I was searching the student (as we do daily) and found a knife. Luckily the kids mother and DYS worker were still there, so They were able to take him home. He's looking at a thirty day suspension before he even walked into his first class. Gotta love Springfield.

eastendlu
02-02-2006, 10:45 AM
I'm at work and everyone in my engineering dept. have no internet access including myself.Its been turned off for months now except i'm a little smarter than our -it- dept. :happy: and i went around their security.Goes to show you how good they are Ha Ha Ha.

Saltheart
02-02-2006, 10:46 AM
I am in MA right now. I have however logged in here from mexico , sweden , korea , Japan and China. Imagine , I'm in a hotel in Podunk China where i couldn't get hot water for a shower but i could get an internet connection to read the fishing web site!!! what a world!! :)

ktugboat42
02-02-2006, 11:46 AM
I'm 95 miles south of the Louisana coast trying to keep a 760 foot drillship on location in 50 kt winds and 2.5 kts of current!!! I'm glad it's all automated so i can surf the web.

Swimmer
02-02-2006, 12:10 PM
Saltheart I googled Podunk, China and couldn't find it.........:hee:

Swimmer
02-02-2006, 12:19 PM
Bigfish, yesterday I just had the pleasure of making a 25 yr. old female shoplighter a guest of my p.d. and was sitting at the computor during my lunchtime while the other officer booked her. She had just stolen $270.00 worth of cd's, dvd's, vitamins, and other asorted stuff from a local market. My back was to her and for five minutes I didn't pay attention to her while demanded my name. She was pissed at me because I had just found a Class A large capacity pistol permit in her pocketbook that when I checked found it to be revoked. It has now been mailed back to the issuing agency that gave it to her. She received it using her married name, not her maiden name, under which she had a criminal record and would never have received the permit if she had told the truth. Now someone has to find the three 9 mm pistols she bought in the last two years. Come to find out she delivers papers in the a.m. in the area and her and her two friends have been picking up whatever isn't tied down when there in the neighborhood. We are lucky here though having this computor to kill time. The town does heavily monitor and rightly so are usage. It was a most pleasant interpersonel interaction.

Swimmer
02-02-2006, 12:20 PM
SHOPLIFTER sorry about the miscue.........

MakoMike
02-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Eating lunch in my office in Pawtucket, RI. The garden spot of the world!

BigBo
02-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Well, I literally just rolled out of bed.

I'm such a slacker.........................:rotfl:

Actually, it's because I work nights.:sleeps:

chris L
02-02-2006, 04:15 PM

LOL
not that you have to do it . that the one that set the deal is a bonehead

oh yeah Im at work responding to this thread and watching the network hum away with people surfing at the end of the day . oops got to go home in 10 minutes .

afterhours
02-02-2006, 04:31 PM
i just got home from erand day: post office, 3hrs waiting for truck - supposed to be 1hr:nailem: , groceries, still under the weather a bit. gotta hit shop HARD tomorrow.

Van
02-02-2006, 06:23 PM
I on my last day home after missing work, MSBA meetings and everything normal in my life.

Had a hospital "procedure" yesterday and finally I feel better, been 8 days of HELL !!!!!!! I thought I would kill myself.

BTW daytime TV absolutely STINKS !!!!!:yak: :yak: :yak:

Mike P
02-02-2006, 06:24 PM
Sitting in the public library in Bourne.

Squid kids Dad
02-02-2006, 06:43 PM
At home,while cooking dinner

Motor Fish
02-02-2006, 08:24 PM
I'm at my inlaws... Where I have been living for the past year...
:shocked:

My wife and I are in the process of building a new house, so we sold the old house and missed the "target" move in date (and budget) several times now.

Only a couple more months. Even though I have told myself that a few times now.

Slingah
02-02-2006, 09:06 PM
sitting in my designated puter room/home office/get away from wife during that time room:hidin:

The Iceman 6
02-03-2006, 09:15 AM
@ NYSE looking outside at the rain....

RIROCKHOUND
02-03-2006, 09:22 AM
Right now.. work... processing data that takes ~10min at a clip, so I log on while its processing.. I love dual monitors..
Wierd places...
Abaco, bahamas
Annapolis, Md
Denver, Co
any anywhere else work takes me for a conference, there is a good chance I've logged on

basswipe
02-03-2006, 09:40 AM
I'm at home hacking up a lung and am about to change a bandage on my left index finger.

Backbeach Jake
02-03-2006, 09:17 PM
In a life-long friend's kitchen in North Truro on my wife's laptop. My friend and her husband offered us the house for the weekend, and needing a saltair fix rather badly I said HELL YES, THANKYOU THANKYOU!! There's no place like home....

Skitterpop
02-04-2006, 06:07 AM
and waiting for the bass to come home

seabass
02-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Just came up from the basement after re-spooling reels. < 60 days

Ron in Maine
02-05-2006, 03:07 AM
I am just west of Seattle. I moved out here last July. Still active duty navy, but hoping to get back east sometime this summer/fall to do some fishing.

striprman
02-06-2006, 12:28 AM
I'm at Howies apartment, across the street from the Franklin school, in Brockton.