View Full Version : ok, so i'm trying to re-invent the wheel..

thefishingfreak
02-03-2006, 12:23 PM
whell probably not.but i was thinking...
you got the atom ,,,,right...
you also got the reverse atom...right.....

whell,, how about BOTH in the same plug?

this is what i was workin on. thought i might be on to something but who knows? at this point i've given up as it's too far over my head.and too much work..

how about a plug thats a swimmer on one end and a flaptail squid on the other??:hidin:

thefishingfreak
02-03-2006, 12:23 PM
:hidin:

capesams
02-03-2006, 12:36 PM
:rotfl: :hidin: I gotta get u an A for thinking fa shore....wouldn't we crap if it works with flyin colors.

Karl F
02-03-2006, 12:38 PM
:claps: a "double ender"
:kewl:

numbskull
02-03-2006, 12:40 PM
Go for it. For casting advantage alone of a folding lip plug is something worth pursuing. Others have tried (the Atom Reactor and Frech's Beluga come to mind) but your idea looks as sound as theirs.

Adam R
02-03-2006, 12:46 PM
Numbskull beat me to it - good thinking on the folding lip!

Cap'n Bill's used to make some swimming plugs that had a small
spinner (flaptail) hanging on the back loop. Might be worth trying.

thefishingfreak
02-03-2006, 12:55 PM
kool i feel better now comming from you guys.:cool:

Slipknot
02-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Bravo Mike :kewl:

jnski
02-03-2006, 02:19 PM
that's the beauty of making your own plugs, making something unique, or having an idea running through your head and making it come to fruition. That's also the reason why we come to these boards.
one, to share what we have learned, and two to see who turned what and how it comes out/catches.
awesome thinking outside the box, looks good, hope it works!!

PNG
02-03-2006, 02:57 PM
Nicely done on the double ender:claps:
Folding lip, too:kewl:

Cant wait to see it topped off with killer freak colors - BRILLIANT:gu:

Jigman
02-03-2006, 03:04 PM
Certainly cannot hurt to try new stuff like that. Definitely an interesting idea! Hope it works out for you.

Jigman

Tagger
02-03-2006, 04:11 PM
Your a Freakin Genius,,thats what i think ..:claps:

ThrowingTimber
02-03-2006, 04:15 PM
Brilliant :cheers: :gu:

justplugit
02-03-2006, 04:22 PM
Geez Mike, your gonna put the plug bag guys outa business. One plug will do it all. :kewl:

thefishingfreak
02-03-2006, 04:31 PM
now just to see if it actually works.
pain for me to make with caveman tools. sharpened up file, cordless drill and a hacksaw. bending the hinge was a major pain too.
gonna paint it like the two faced lady. baitfish on one side and squid on the other :usd:

i was gunna put it in the plug off,,, but i was ascared i would get laughed outta there:hidin:

i got another one up my sleves:gf:

Breezy
02-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Neat plug,its kinda like the Jack frech atom 40 with movable lip, it would slide up on two pins during a cast to create less drag.

stripercrazy
02-03-2006, 04:55 PM
hope it works cool idea:ss:

f_b_
02-03-2006, 04:56 PM
Interesting...a couple days ago I came across this pic of this lure on the net. As you can see with the line tie on one end its a crankbait and line tie on the other end its a jerkbait. Maybe you can get an idea or two from the pic.... Pete

Raven
02-03-2006, 05:03 PM
i think.... very inovative,,,
give yourself some credit for a job well done

whether it catches fish...well thats a different story..
failure only points you in the right direction
( if it doesnt)
because it's hinged....
my first thought though...when i looked at the picture
was to have a return spring
under the lip so as you pulled
it would pull back
(i keep thinking how
lobster tails work )
...giving an eratic alive movement.....
in reverse for a second...
like when a fish puts on the brakes.
don't mind me ..i have a migraine
uhhhhhhhhh ..........

Backbeach Jake
02-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Dang! I gotta start painting at work again, it makes ya smart! Wicked plug, Mike...

thefishingfreak
02-03-2006, 09:37 PM
you guys got any pics or links whear i could take a look at the atom reactor? or beluga?

gone fishin
02-04-2006, 12:04 AM
Mike that is awsome! enter it at plugathon and I will vote for it.:claps: :claps:

NIB
02-04-2006, 08:07 AM
Its a pushmepullU.
U should just make me danny's.
U remind me of sudsy.
always tryin new stuff.
looks kool.Nice work.
U keep tryin new stuff one of these days that square wheel is gonna work.

bassbudda
02-04-2006, 03:57 PM
MET A GUY AT CAP'N DON'S IN THE LATE FALL, WE STARTED DISCUSSING FLAP TAILS. JOHN WAS TOO YOUNG TO KNOW WHAT A FLAPTAIL WAS. TURNS OUT THE GENT USED TO WORK W/ BOB POND. HE RELATED BOB PUT A FLAP TAIL OUT -WHICH I DIDN'T KNOW.

GOT HOME IN THE LAB -; ADDED SPLIT RING TO END LOOP, HUNG A SWIVEL TO THE RING, ANOTHER RING TO THE OTHER END OF THE SWIVEL FOLLOWED BY A FLAPTAIL ALL ATTACHED TO THE BUTT END OF AN ATOM 40.

SWAM IT OFF THE BEACH AS A FIELD TEST. MERCY MAUDE! CAN'T WAIT TO TRY IT UNDER BATTLE CONDITIONS!
:jump:

GW